• Show
Clear All

• Training & Nutrition Questions or Problems

This thread is for Q+A with Tim Wescott
    My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

FYI Q+A with Tim Wescott

FYI

I have created a thread in the Masters Bodybuilding forum for Q+A with Tim Wescott The Timski Q+A thread

Comment

On the training you listed, which works better for your bulking and cutting

I still train heavy but I do more intensity techniques rather than just moving big weights around.

I do:
      Giant-Sets
      Tri-Sets
      Drop-Sets
      Rest Pause
      Super-Sets
      Half Reps
      Behind the 8-ball again

Comment

NABBA,at various times,I`ll use those techniques no matter what my goal may be.............adding size or getting lean is mostly a matter of diet, and how much if any, cardio you do.

An overabundance of calories adds bodyweight/size,and a calorie deficit will help you lose weight/fat.
        Strictly Business

Comment

Well done.
          Follow us on Twitter or Facebook

Comment

It`s going over like a lead balloon too! LOL
            Strictly Business

Comment

Didn't know we had a masters section.

I better get my ass over there so I can hang out with some people my own age.

Comment

Hey Tim, where do you stand on the question of building muscle and losing fat at the same time?

Comment

Alex,it can definately be done............I do it during every contest prep.

Protein builds muscle,not excess calories.......excess calories will make you gain weight,but it doesn`t necessarilly mean that you`ve gained muscle.

Protein synthesis doesn`t stop happening just because someone is on a fat loss diet plan.

Keep protein high at all times, and a bit higher during dieting................protein = muscle!!

Just my opinion,going by my own personal experience.
                  Strictly Business

Comment

Originally posted by Timski View Post
                    HA, you just wait.

Comment

I know,watch me get swamped with questions I can`t answer! LOL
                      Strictly Business

Comment

Like a Led Zeppellin, T.

Comment

Hey T,

Do you stay away from any exersizes to protect joints/etc. Like bench presses or ATG squats?

I'm currently doing, like everything. But I have had quite a bit of joint pain. chondroitin/msm/glucosamine and omega-3s have helped. therefore i continue pursuing moderate to heavy weights on virtually all lifts.

Comment

Protein builds muscle,not excess calories.......excess calories will make you gain weight,but it doesn`t necessarilly mean that you`ve gained muscle.

Protein synthesis doesn`t stop happening just because someone is on a fat loss diet plan.

Keep protein high at all times, and a bit higher during dieting................protein = muscle!!

What do you consider high?

2gms/lb?

Comment

I share the same view... I will elaborate later!

Comment

Working...
                              X