Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is the best time to take a protien shake? Before lifting, after or both? I want to build mass while also losing fat...not uncommon to hear I'm sure

Thx for an answer, I've heard so many conflicting reports.

Comment

• TIM NEED FEEDBACK:

CLIENT IS 63 YRS OF AGE:

HERE IS HIS PROGRESS:

DATE: JAN 19, 09 to OCT 23, 09

Waist 39 / 36
      chest 40 / 42
      bicep r 12.5 / 13.5
      bicep l 12 5/8 / 13
      forearm r 11 5/8 / 12 1/4
      forearm l 11 1/4 / 11 1/2
      neck 16 1/2 / 17
      quad r 21 3/4 / 22
      quad l 20 1/4 / 22
      calf r 15 / 15 1/4
      calf l 14 3/4 / 15

weight 186 / 192
      bf% 18% / 19%

*all measurements relaxed

Tim, not working with many serious clients of his age is this good progress
      mediocre or great.
      Waht should we expect in terms of gains at his age???
      sorry about #'s run together forum wont let me post spreadshet
      Thanks
      TRESB

Comment

• Hi everyone, I'm new here but not to weight training. I'll be 51 this year and to be honest I'm in better shape now than I was nearly 30 years ago. Due to my age however I am finding it harder a wee-bit. I was never one to take this, that or the other thing so I'm not really educated on what I should and shouldn't take and when. There's so much on the market that's it's hard to know the good stuff from the so-so products. Can anyone offer any help or ideas?

I hope it was okay to post this here - as I said I'm new and not sure if this is the right forum for my question - if not please forgive me.
        "~*^*~" I'm Younger Today Than I Was Twenty Years Ago "~*^*~"

"You're never to old to become younger". -Mae West

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandfather Oak View Post
          Hi everyone, I'm new here but not to weight training. I'll be 51 this year and to be honest I'm in better shape now than I was nearly 30 years ago. Due to my age however I am finding it harder a wee-bit. I was never one to take this, that or the other thing so I'm not really educated on what I should and shouldn't take and when. There's so much on the market that's it's hard to know the good stuff from the so-so products. Can anyone offer any help or ideas?

I hope it was okay to post this here - as I said I'm new and not sure if this is the right forum for my question - if not please forgive me.

Welcome to the forum! The suppliment market is definitly a "Multi-headed Hydra". It might be easier to help if you would outline your goals, current training, and as far as condition, gives some details.
          If you find that your enjoying the forum you could start your own thread here in the Masters section, and ask questions as you progress.
          Best of luck and look forward to your future post!
          What have you done today to insure your success tomorrow?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timski View Post
            No problem brother.........there`s always ways to increase intensity without adding weight to the bar and nowadays this in my preffered way to train,very painful and result producing.
            Timski - How did you get those abs????? What training did you do? I have been working out 7 yrs, and just doubled the weight to 100-120 lbs for 12-20 rep crunches trying to get them to pop. Any advice? Any one - Help - they are just not coming in - and I know I need to lose more fat too.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Timski View Post
              Lighten the load,pull with your lats first,then let the arms come into play,get elbows well back and get a good stretch,with little to no momerntum.

Try this:

Pre-Exhaust Super-Set # 1:
              {Dumbell Pullovrers:
              3 x 12-15
              {Seated Cable Rows;
              3 x 10-12

Pre-Exhaust Super-Set # 2:
              {Stiff-Arm Pulldowns:
              3 x 15
              {V-Bar Pulldowns:
              3 x 10

Barbell Rows (forehead supported on back of on incline bench with towel as padding):
              3 x 12

No rest between exercises....rest only after both exercises have been completed,rest 60 seconds between Super-Sets.

Train styrict and try to link the mind to the muscles you are training.....ie. extreme concentration.
              God luck!
              TIMSKI Would this routine work for developing more lower/outter lates. I have been doing bb rows for a year, and of course back extensions for the erectors. But I am just starting to do reverse grip shoulder width cable pulldowns - seated. Do you think this will help my weak lower back - any other suggestions?
              Attached Files

Comment

• Current training - I would have to say that I train now as I have always trained - hard, quick and long. When I'm in the gym I'm in my own little world. Time slips away and before I know it 2 hours has easily disappeared.

I'm working out 4 or 5 times a week and most of the time double sessions. I usually go in the morning alone and again in the evening with my youngest son. He is rather new to the gym and I do what I can to help him train. Again as I first mentioned in my first post, when it comes to supplements and what, when and how to take them I'm really at a lost. I have always went about doing thing naturally.

I work each body part twice a week and some more if they're slow to grow. Twice a week here lately we do a combination workout in the evening where nearly ever body part is worked but only using 3 or 4 exercises for each.

I am no stranger to the gym. I've been a gym rat for nearly 30 years off and on. In the day I had plans of becoming a powerlifter - being on stage. My left knee blew out and set me back. In 2005 I had let myself go and had gained so much weight that my health had gotten really bad. I (had) other health problems as well that the good dr's told me I had 2 to 5 years to live.... nearly 7 to 10 years ago! They told me to stay out and away from the gym - that should I not listen that I would surely end up in a wheel chair - I listened and ended up in the wheel chair. That is until I got pissed and kick the wheel chair across the room and return to the gym... after getting a gastric bypass in 2005. I no longer live in the wheel chair, my leg press is nearly 700, squats 300, chest still sucks. My triceps and biceps have nearly doubled since Dec.26th - 2008 the time which I fully came back full force.

I only want a level training field - meaning I want someone to help (not give ) me advise to what they suggest supplements, diet and what not to aid an older bodybuilder.

I will be checking into the Master's Section shortly thanks for your replies.
                "~*^*~" I'm Younger Today Than I Was Twenty Years Ago "~*^*~"

"You're never to old to become younger". -Mae West

Comment

• Hello,

i'm new here at MD. Been purchasing yr mag for 3 mths. I kept reading it everyday till i finally find a good time to start bodybuilding 2 mths ago.

My motivation came from reading the success stories of IFBB Pro Hidetada Yamagishi, an Asian guy. Well, i'm an Asian male, age 33, my height 5'5", weight 105kgs. I'm quite obese, been diagnosed for high-blood pressure long ago. Now its gettin better since im doin some workout for the last two month. I've decided that i'm not gonna be fat for the rest of my life. If Hide can do it, so can I.

For 2 months i've been trained my ass off, & been using MuscleTech NanoVapor, Nitrotech Hardcore and Celltech Hardcore for about a month, but the progress is no where near what i aimed for. I thought that i'm gonna lose weight bit by bit every mth but my weight are still the same, of cos now i felt abit stronger due to intense workout. This is my workout summary:
                  Monday - Chest, Triceps, Cardio
                  Tuesday - Legs, Hamstring
                  Wednesday - Back
                  Thursday - Shoulder, Traps, Cardio
                  Friday - Biceps, Abs, Cardio
                  Saturday - Rest
                  Sunday - Rest

The only problem i had now is that i am quite naive in knowledge on how to bulk my muscle effectively, at the same time burn my fat off fast. What type of supplements that can be stacked for this? What type of training that can be done for mass, is it heavier weights or longer reps?

From the lists below which of these supplements can be used for great stack? These are the only product available in my area:

+ MuscleTech (NitroTech, Anator, CellTech, Leukic, Anabolic Halo)
                  + BSN (CellMass, TrueMass, Dessert, NoXplode)
                  + Ultimate Nutrition (Muscle Juice, Creatine Monohydrate, GlutaPure, Adrenoline, Carbo Booster, ISO-Sensation)
                  + Scivation (Extend, VasoCharge)
                  + MHP (Dark Matter, Dark Rage, Probolic-SR, Trac Extreme, Up Your Mass)
                  + EAS (100% Whey Protein, Mass Factor, Myoplex)
                  + GNC (all product)
                  + Nutrex (MassXplosion, Pro-Gram, Volu-Gro, Lipo6, Lipo6x)
                  + Optimum Nutrition (100% Whey Gold, Pro Complex, Casein, NitroCore, Serious Mass)
                  + Muscle Asylum Project (Anabolic OD, Mass Impact, Whey freak Fix, NO Plasmacore)

Help me. Pls advice. I would be so much grateful. Can e-mail me directly,
                  [email protected]

thanks so much everyone!

p/s: My ultimate dream is to train under the advice of Charles Glass..
                  Last edited by barrmetal; September 15th, 2009, 03:36 AM.

Comment

• Hey guys,

I need someone to take a look at my diet and comment.
                    Wanting to increase bulk and minimize fat gain, if possible.

Currently 47, 146 lbs, 12%-14% bf, 5'8"

1st PreWorkout: 41g protein powder shake (water), 1 1/2 cups spinach
                    2nd PostWorkout: 13g protein powder shake(water), 75g parsnips (high glycemic load)
                    - 3 oz chicken
                    - 1/2 can tomato paste
                    - 1/2 cup FiberOne
                    - 1 cup frozen mixed fruits
                    3rd Meal: peanut butter
                    - almonds
                    - 3 oz chicken
                    - 6 oz mixed veggies
                    - 1/2 cup lentils
                    - 1/4 cup quinoas
                    4th Meal: 41 g protein power, 1 cup non-fat yogurt, 1 cup frozen mixed fruit
                    - almonds
                    5th Meal: 41 g protein power, 1 cup non-fat yogurt, 1 cup frozen mixed fruit
                    - ground flax
                    - peanut butter
                    6th Meal: 4 oz chicken
                    - walnuts

Calories: 2400
                    Fat: 82g 26%
                    Carbs: 244g 34%
                    Protein: 287 40%

Currently workout is 3 days on, 1 day off.

Thanks.
                    Last edited by biathlete01; November 21st, 2009, 06:35 AM.

Comment

• Keep Going, slow and steady will see you through

Originally posted by barrmetal View Post
                      Hello,

i'm new here at MD. Been purchasing yr mag for 3 mths. I kept reading it everyday till i finally find a good time to start bodybuilding 2 mths ago.

My motivation came from reading the success stories of IFBB Pro Hidetada Yamagishi, an Asian guy. Well, i'm an Asian male, age 33, my height 5'5", weight 105kgs. I'm quite obese, been diagnosed for high-blood pressure long ago. Now its gettin better since im doin some workout for the last two month. I've decided that i'm not gonna be fat for the rest of my life. If Hide can do it, so can I.

For 2 months i've been trained my ass off, & been using MuscleTech NanoVapor, Nitrotech Hardcore and Celltech Hardcore for about a month, but the progress is no where near what i aimed for. I thought that i'm gonna lose weight bit by bit every mth but my weight are still the same, of cos now i felt abit stronger due to intense workout. This is my workout summary:
                      Monday - Chest, Triceps, Cardio
                      Tuesday - Legs, Hamstring
                      Wednesday - Back
                      Thursday - Shoulder, Traps, Cardio
                      Friday - Biceps, Abs, Cardio
                      Saturday - Rest
                      Sunday - Rest

The only problem i had now is that i am quite naive in knowledge on how to bulk my muscle effectively, at the same time burn my fat off fast. What type of supplements that can be stacked for this? What type of training that can be done for mass, is it heavier weights or longer reps?

From the lists below which of these supplements can be used for great stack? These are the only product available in my area:

+ MuscleTech (NitroTech, Anator, CellTech, Leukic, Anabolic Halo)
                      + BSN (CellMass, TrueMass, Dessert, NoXplode)
                      + Ultimate Nutrition (Muscle Juice, Creatine Monohydrate, GlutaPure, Adrenoline, Carbo Booster, ISO-Sensation)
                      + Scivation (Extend, VasoCharge)
                      + MHP (Dark Matter, Dark Rage, Probolic-SR, Trac Extreme, Up Your Mass)
                      + EAS (100% Whey Protein, Mass Factor, Myoplex)
                      + GNC (all product)
                      + Nutrex (MassXplosion, Pro-Gram, Volu-Gro, Lipo6, Lipo6x)
                      + Optimum Nutrition (100% Whey Gold, Pro Complex, Casein, NitroCore, Serious Mass)
                      + Muscle Asylum Project (Anabolic OD, Mass Impact, Whey freak Fix, NO Plasmacore)

Help me. Pls advice. I would be so much grateful. Can e-mail me directly,
                      [email protected]

thanks so much everyone!

p/s: My ultimate dream is to train under the advice of Charles Glass..

hey barrmetal:

I hope you get this and haven't gotten discouraged yet. I have found that combining cardio with weight training can help you reduce fat without losing muscle. But the consensus seems to be you cannot gain muscle while losing fat. My experience is consistent with that.

I have had good luck over the past six months, and gained over 20 lbs of muscle while keeping the fat off (though I haven't lost much either). How did I do it???

I worked out heavy, 3-4 days per week, and included 2 - 4 days of karate and muay thai kickboxing. Recently I varied my diet from a muscle gain diet for 2 - 3 weeks at a time, then fat loss for 2 weeks.

Going forward, I want to gain another 20 lbs of muscle (if I can do that naturally) in the next several months, then I will diet and increase my aerobics for a period of 2-3 months until I get lean.

I did all of this without only creatine and whey protein as my supplements, and I am thinking I might stop those to see how well I do without them.

I am 44 years old and before June 2009 had not trained for at least 6 years. My current training has taken me far beyond what I ever achieved before.

Comment

• muscletech ! ! !

Hello guys!!! I am from Greece.I use only muscletech"s products...What do you think?Are there better supplements than muscletechs???Kisses from Greece.

Comment

• I NEED TO WORK ON LEGS

I feelike im never putting enough effort for my legs and its hard because i dont have gym membership or or a leg press machine just have a ton of wheights with a bench and rack how can give my legs a good work out without going so heavy

Comment

• Same

should i do lunges with light weight or leg curls and leg extensions or should i pre exhaust them and do body sqauts or should i mix them up

Comment

• hi everyone i am new at here

nice sharing and nice information thank you

Comment

• Nutritional solution: Bump up your daily calories by 250
                                The primary problem when youíre experiencing stagnant weight gains is likely that you arenít eating enough. In order to build new muscle tissue, you must supply your body with more calories than it needs to maintain itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X