This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timski View Post
    Somebody needs to merge this thread with the one in the Masters Section.......please!!
    Tim,
    I am working this now, I have a request into a Mod for assistance.
    My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

Cool,thanks !!
      Strictly Business

Comment

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Comment

Cool,thanks !!
          NP bro, in addition to a merge I requested that your Q+A be stickied in this forum, I dont want any of that excellent advise your passing out to get lost in the sauce, so to speak.

Looks like the Mods worked their magic , thanks Mods, for the usual quick and timely assistance

Comment

NP!!
            Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Comment

Originally posted by UkrainianGuy View Post

You da man bro, you da man.

Comment

Thank you gentlemen !!
                Strictly Business

Comment

Hey Tim thanks for your time in helping us out. I have been on Jumbo's diet for 7 weeks now and have lost a total of 10kgs (22 lbs). My training hasn't changed at all. I still train 6 days a week, 1 body part per day and 40 minutes cardio after the weights. Like alot of guys out there my legs are behind. Should i miss cardio the day after legs to allow them time to grow? I worry that if i dont do my cardio every day i will slow down the fat burning process. Cheers buddy. By the way your avatar looks crazy.

Comment

Thanks bro....my legs have always lagged behind too,but have improved constantly,but very slowly.

I never do cardio on leg day and would probably fall on my face if I even tried....I think you should be hobbling around after training legs.

On the day after leg day,I just walk easy on an inclined treadmill........nothing too intense,then after that I just do my regular cardio which varies inj intensity.

This year I cut back the intensity as my leg size would always drop.I still lost a bit but they looked much better IMO.

I think it`s smart to do cardio after you train.

Congrats on the weight loss,keepo it going and train hard!!
                    Strictly Business

Comment

Tim,

Have a few questions. I'm getting ready to start dieting to lean up a little, but of course I would like to keep as much muscle as possible.

My current weight as of today is 198, I'm little over 5'8, as far as bodyfat I'm not sure, maybe 14%. I have an ectomorph bodytype.

My lifting routine has been four days a week with no cardio. I'm changing that Monday to five days a week. This is what my new routine will be. Also, I will be doing twenty minutes of cardio after each training day except for leg day.

Monday-Chest, Abs
                      Tuesday-Legs
                      Wednesday-Delts
                      Thursday-Back, Abs
                      Friday-Bi's and Tri's

This is what my diet will be.

Meal one- Eight eggs pulling four yolks out, and one cup oats.
                      Meal two-One cup brown rice, one can tuna.
                      Meal three-PWO Protein shake.
                      Meal four-Fourteen ounces chicken, two medium baked potatoes, veggies
                      Meal Five-Nine ounces London broil, One cup brown rice and one cup Broccoli.
                      Meal six-Eight eggs pulling four yolks out, one cup cottage cheese.

Supplements-Creatine and muiltivitamin.

What would you change in the training or diet? I try not to worry about what the target weight will be. I have a full length mirror that I have stood in front of, and took a black marker and have drawn the physique that I would like to have, as a goal.

Also, sorry for putting you on the spot with a Q&A poll. Again, I have been reading your post over at MM for years, and your post have taught me alot.

Thanks

Comment

Hey, good shit Fellas, way to set the tone with this board.
                        "The only lack or limitation is in your own mind."

MD!!!

www.LivingDeadMafia.com

Click for Audio

Comment

Originally posted by Lynch View Post
                          Tim,

Have a few questions. I'm getting ready to start dieting to lean up a little, but of course I would like to keep as much muscle as possible.

My current weight as of today is 198, I'm little over 5'8, as far as bodyfat I'm not sure, maybe 14%. I have an ectomorph bodytype.

My lifting routine has been four days a week with no cardio. I'm changing that Monday to five days a week. This is what my new routine will be. Also, I will be doing twenty minutes of cardio after each training day except for leg day.

Monday-Chest, Abs
                          Tuesday-Legs
                          Wednesday-Delts
                          Thursday-Back, Abs
                          Friday-Bi's and Tri's

This is what my diet will be.

Meal one- Eight eggs pulling four yolks out, and one cup oats.
                          Meal two-One cup brown rice, one can tuna.
                          Meal three-PWO Protein shake.
                          Meal Five-Nine ounces London broil, One cup brown rice and one cup Broccoli.

Supplements-Creatine and muiltivitamin.

What would you change in the training or diet? I try not to worry about what the target weight will be. I have a full length mirror that I have stood in front of, and took a black marker and have drawn the physique that I would like to have, as a goal.

Also, sorry for putting you on the spot with a Q&A poll. Again, I have been reading your post over at MM for years, and your post have taught me alot.

Thanks
                          Hey no problem Lynch,I`m enjoying this so far until I get stuck with some scientific question I can`t answer!! LOL

First of all,I would move back day to Wed.,and I`d do delts on Thurs...........always do the more demanding bodyparts early in yoiur routine then work down to the smaller less demanding ones..........not a bigggie but I think it`s a better scenario.

Here` your diet,my changes will be in bold letters:

Meal one- Eight eggs pulling four yolks outI`d eat 6 eggwhites here with only 2 whole eggs
                          and one cup oats.No milk,only artificial sweetener if you choose to use anything

Meal two-One cup brown rice, one can tuna.Throw in a cup of green beans,broccoli,or a salad with vinegar only........one of the 3 choices

Meal three-PWO Protein shake.Be sure to mix this shake with water only

I`d advise eating 5-6 oz. chicken,moving the potatoes to Post-Workout along with your shake..........I always have a baked potato post-workout.......works great, plus at this time of the day, you want to start eliminating carbs or at least decreasing them as the day goes on, or just eating fibrous veggies instead of starchy carbs.

Meal Five-Nine ounces London broil Very calorie dense,go for 6 ounces instead
                          One cup brown riceAgain,too late for carbs,just eat more veggies if hungry and drop the rice entirely
                          and one cup Broccoli.Again,if you get crazy hungry you can eat as much veggies as you want,just use butter spray and nothing fattening as a topping

I`d opt for 10 eggwhites here.......also make sure you are drinking a ton of water throughout the day

You can also do a carb cycling plan to keep things interesting and to allow yourself some higher carb days.

All the above changes are just what I would do if I was trying to get leaner........not necesaarily gospel.just my opinion.

Good luck,any questions,don`t hesitate to throw `em at me.
                          Strictly Business

Comment

Cheating on the diet?

Still pretty broad!! LOL
                            Okay damn it...it just got serious

Barring cheating what you do you think is the biggest mistake guys make pre-contest in terms of nutrition?
                            Nutrex Research
                            Exercise Science BS, CSCS

Comment

Not carbing up enough or not depleting sufficiently?

I`ll get it sooner or later through the process of elimination!! LOL
                              Strictly Business

Comment

Hey no problem Lynch,I`m enjoying this so far until I get stuck with some scientific question I can`t answer!! LOL

First of all,I would move back day to Wed.,and I`d do delts on Thurs...........always do the more demanding bodyparts early in yoiur routine then work down to the smaller less demanding ones..........not a bigggie but I think it`s a better scenario.

Here` your diet,my changes will be in bold letters:

Meal one- Eight eggs pulling four yolks outI`d eat 6 eggwhites here with only 2 whole eggs
                                and one cup oats.No milk,only artificial sweetener if you choose to use anything

Meal two-One cup brown rice, one can tuna.Throw in a cup of green beans,broccoli,or a salad with vinegar only........one of the 3 choices

Meal three-PWO Protein shake.Be sure to mix this shake with water only

I`d advise eating 5-6 oz. chicken,moving the potatoes to Post-Workout along with your shake..........I always have a baked potato post-workout.......works great, plus at this time of the day, you want to start eliminating carbs or at least decreasing them as the day goes on, or just eating fibrous veggies instead of starchy carbs.

Meal Five-Nine ounces London broil Very calorie dense,go for 6 ounces instead
                                One cup brown riceAgain,too late for carbs,just eat more veggies if hungry and drop the rice entirely
                                and one cup Broccoli.Again,if you get crazy hungry you can eat as much veggies as you want,just use butter spray and nothing fattening as a topping

I`d opt for 10 eggwhites here.......also make sure you are drinking a ton of water throughout the day

You can also do a carb cycling plan to keep things interesting and to allow yourself some higher carb days.

All the above changes are just what I would do if I was trying to get leaner........not necesaarily gospel.just my opinion.

Good luck,any questions,don`t hesitate to throw `em at me.
                                Thanks Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X