No announcement yet.

Roll Call: Master's b. builders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just adding to this thread as an introduction.

I trained for 10 months to enter my first show at 61...it's never too late. I entered six shows in my first year, ten in my second. In this, my third year, I have already competed twice, once in the NPC and once as a Pro in an NGA show. I will probably compete in at least three more shows this season. I have also judged shows this year in the OCB (Organization of Competitive Bodybuilders) and FAME. I am judging another FAME show in Montgomery, Alabama this weekend and an NGA show in Tennessee and a OCB show in Mississippi later this summer. I learn alot about competing when I'm looking at athletes from the other side of the lights.

Scott "Old Navy" Hults, NFPT-CPT
    NGA & IDFA Master Professional Bodybuilder
    OCB & FAME Contest Judge
    Train Hard. Train Natural.

My Web Site: www.BodyBuildingSenior.com
    Scott "Old Navy" Hults
    Master Pro Bodybuilder
    www.BodyBuildingSenior.com

Comment

Old Navy Contest Photos

http://http:bodybuildingsenior.com/photos2007.htm

Here is a link to my web site with all of my contest photos, including my first two shows of 2007, the NPC Vulcan Classic in Birmingham, Alabama on May 5th and the NGA Olympic Gold Junior Pro Championship in Salt Lake City, Utah on May 12th.

Scott "Old Navy" Hults, NFPT-CPT
      NGA & IDFA Master Professional Bodybuilder
      OCB & FAME Contest Judge
      Train Hard. Train Natural.

My Web Site: www.BodyBuildingSenior.com
      Last edited by Old Navy; May 15th, 2007, 04:32 PM.
      Scott "Old Navy" Hults
      Master Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

I am 45...Been lifting since I was 18...Juiced a little in the 80's...My body weight went from 145 at 18 to (at my muscular peak when I was 32) 240 w/ 15% bf....I competed twice when I turned 40 (placed both times)....Currently I weigh 215 at 8.14 bf (calipers) at a hieght of 5'11"...I dont think I will compete again...I will just lift for health and asthetics.

Comment

new member here I like this section

I didn't even start weight training till I was 31 then had no clue for about 5 years. Competed for the first time at 38. Loved it Have competed in 22 shows and done very well with a few titles.. Now at 45 I'm going to compete at Jr. Nat and Master nationals this year. After that I have made a promise to the wife of 25 years I will be 50 before even considering stepping on stage again. These long diets take there toll on me more then ever. I diet long so come show day there is not question who is the most conditioned on stage.

I could talk about this sport and contest prep for days. For now I will just say It's nice to be here with the older folks.

Comment

Welcome to the board kdtl61..........great having you here!!
            Strictly Business

Comment

Originally posted by kdtl61 View Post
              I didn't even start weight training till I was 31 then had no clue for about 5 years. Competed for the first time at 38. Loved it Have competed in 22 shows and done very well with a few titles.. Now at 45 I'm going to compete at Jr. Nat and Master nationals this year. After that I have made a promise to the wife of 25 years I will be 50 before even considering stepping on stage again. These long diets take there toll on me more then ever. I diet long so come show day there is not question who is the most conditioned on stage.

I could talk about this sport and contest prep for days. For now I will just say It's nice to be here with the older folks.
              Welcome aboard kdtl61, to the masters forum.
              My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Naruto View Post
                come on masters.. pop some pix 4 us youngsters to see.

39 here...i'll be 40 come January and doing the provincials in 2 weeks to qualify for 2008 nationals...when ill be 40 ;o)
                P
                Do or Do Not, there is no Try!
                Top Three-Canadian Nationals-Montreal 2008!

Comment

Originally posted by DBowden View Post
                  Mike, got any contest photos ya can share with the forum?
                  Just saw this. Here's one.........

NYC BIG MIKE
                  Attached Files
                  Looking for the "gang of 20".

Comment

Originally posted by NYC BIG MIKE View Post
                    Just saw this. Here's one.........

NYC BIG MIKE

Lookin' good Big Mike.

Comment

I'm 42 and still going strong. I have no idea how much longer I plan on competing... I guess I"ll know when I'm tired of it.... I don't see that in the near future!

I won my class at the Jr.USA in 2006 when I was 41.
                      I think I'm just getting better~ (like fine wine! LOL)

Comment

Another............

NYC BIG MIKE
                        Attached Files

Comment

Another............

NYC BIG MIKE
                          Nice Pose. Congratulations on your first show. Well done, Warrior.
                          Scott "Old Navy" Hults
                          Master Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

Originally posted by Old Navy View Post
                            Nice Pose. Congratulations on your first show. Well done, Warrior.

Thanks Old Navy. That might have been one of the few poses I hit right. Even though I placed in the two classes I did in a tough show, I learned how important posing is. As one judge said, "He's like a kid with a nice sports car but he doesn't know how to drive it". That hit home. LOL.

NYC BIG MIKE

Comment

Another............

NYC BIG MIKE
                              Great poses Big Mike, congrats on your first show.
                              My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

I'm 50. I competed from the time I was 18 til 32 and quit entirely for 14 years. 3 years ago, I started back and boy has it been a journey. I discovered right away that I had arthritis in both knees from my previous training. No more squatting..dammit! No more really big legs, either...LOL! I had to dial training back to working each bodypart once a week rather than twice to recover sufficiently.

I planned at 47 (the new beginning) to compete at 50, since I'm 6'-4" and needed time to add mass. In Sept '06, I completely tore my left tricep from the bone on a heavy bench set. I couldn't workout the upper body until Dec '06, but wasn't up to full strength until Feb '07.

I competed in the Muscle Mayhem 50-over and got second.....out of Two! Too soft still. I dieted down 2 more weeks and competed in the Central Classic in Tulsa and won the 50-over (out of TWO again), but I was harder.

I learned a lot, especially that my body isn't wired like it was in my 20's and 30's. I know now that I'll have to cut carbs nearly to zero the last 2 weeks to shed that stubborn, thin layer of "old man" fat. But I'm looking forward to next year, perhaps competing in the Nationals Masters 50-over with 10 lbs more muscle and a lot "dryer".

It's been great to get back to the sport I've loved. 50 in body but 30 at heart!

Comment

Working...
                                X