• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over 50 Muscle Mayhem

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/b...rowse&id=11944

This set of pix, right, esplendido?

Comment

Yup, those pretty much tell the story, Mike.

Comment

Rick:

Welcome back, Warrior. I'm happy for you. If you are interested, there are several drug-tested Master Pro Qualifiers you can compete in. The NGA, NPA, IDFA and FAME WNSO all have Masters competitions that lead to Pro status. You must be 'drug free' for 5 or 7 years, depending upon the Federation. No steroids, test boost, HGH, andros or prescription diuretics allowed. These shows are polygraphed and/or pee tested.

If you are interested, email me. ([email protected]) and I'll send you some information.
        Scott "Old Navy" Hults
        Master Pro Bodybuilder
        www.BodyBuildingSenior.com

Comment

Another set of esplendido onstage

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/b...rowse&id=11944

You have great presence onstage.

Comment

I remember Ken Waller's description of Mike Katz in Pumping Iron..."like a big spider on stage"...and that fits me pretty much..LOL! It's hard to compete at 6'-4", even though I weighed 240 (shoulda been 220 for shredded) up against you guys at 5'-9" and 200. But I love to train and love to do the shows....and can now blame my weaknesses on age!

Old Navy, thanks for the info and invite. However, my physician has me on Androgel for HRT. My test level was 200 pts below the low end for our age group 2 years ago and he prescribed the Androgel without a blink. So, I'm not natural by any means and need the gel to keep lead in the old pencil, if ya know what I mean. I'll just have to go against the 50-over gearheads and see what happens.

Mike, thanks. I look at those photos and wonder what zombie possessed my soul while I was up there...LOL!

Comment

Perhaps we should call this the "Old Farts" thread?

I didn't start working out until I was 37 and although I knew I had great genetics I never realized where bodybuilding would take me. As I was approaching the big 4-0 I was determined to get into the best shape of my life so I started preparing for my first show. After that, I got hooked.

In 1998 at the age of 42 I decided to try my hand at a National show just to say I had did it and so I wouldn't wonder "what if?" the rest of my life. To my surprise I ended up getting a unanimious first place win as a bantamweight at the NPC USA show that year. In 1999 I came in second as bantamweight in the NPC Nationals.

I didn't compete again until 2003 and won as an Over 40 Lightweight at the NPC Masters Nationals, again with a perfect score. Last year (2006) at the age of 50 I made my last comeback and won as a Middleweight in the Over 50 class and as a Welterweight in the Over 40 class which I dropped down to compete with the "younger" guys, again with a perfect score.

While I didn't win my Pro card, which was one of my personal goals, I did end up winning four national NPC weight class titles in four different weight classes and all of them with perfect scores from the judges. These accomplishments are something I would never have dreamed of doing.

Now that I am retired from the bodybuilding stage I am still planning on being involved with bodybuilding, both as a NPC judge and next year as a promoter of my own show, the NPC Heartland Natural Classic which will be held on April 12, 2008 here in Minnesota... and yes, we will have a Masters class....

nuff said...

Comment

Working...
              X