Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
See more
See less

MA83: The Road to a Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MA83: The Road to a Championship

I've been a lurker on the boards for years now. Had even started a previous training log, but I think it got deleted.

With that said, I did my first comp in August of 2011. The Warrior Classic in Loveland, CO. I competed in the Novice Middleweights and received second. I am now working towards my second comp. My plan is to put on some lean mass over the next 6 months and then start dieting down again.

Step one is staying relatively lean. No more than 200.
    Step two is gaining back strength.

I always train with FST-7. I've been using it for 3 years now. Its incredibly versatile and incredibly effective! If you want to check it out go to www.fst-7.com. If you're on the boards there, I'm a moderator and under the same screen name.
    Last edited by MuscleAddict83; September 9, 2011, 12:57 AM.
    Seek Him and know Him. Jeremiah 29:13-14

Nice. I just started FST 7 for the first time this week. Will be great to have you here as a resource.

Comment

This is my current scheme. I'm working towards rebuilding my strength while maintaining my current body weight and then I'll switch gears to put on some more muscle. To work towards my first goal, I'm using a modified FST-7 scheme with the progression table to advance my strength. Check out this site to see what the progression table is: http://www.timinvermont.com/fitness/benchpgm.htm.

I'm focusing on increasing strength in what I consider the 4 crucial exercises: Standing Military Press, Bench Press, Squats, and Deadlift. I'm using a 1 on 1 off scheme with a 2 day split. I'm breaking up my other bodyparts throughout the workouts and making sure that I'm still hitting my weak areas. This is what it looks like:

1: Standing Military Press, Bench Press (Progression); Upper Chest, Lats (4 sets); Upper Chest, Lats (FST-7)
      2: Off
      3: Squats, Deadlifts (Progression); Calves, Hams (4 sets); Calves, Hams (FST-7)
      4: Off
      5: Standing Military Press, Bench Press (Progression); Rear Delts, Bis, Tris (4 sets); Rear Delts, Bis, Tris (FST-7)
      6: Off
      7: Squats, Deadlifts (Progression); Calves, Hams (4 sets); Quads (FST-7); Abs (10 sets)
      8: Off
      9: Repeat with different supplementary exercises.

I will be using this scheme for about 2 months. This week was one rep max week. I was able to do 175 for Military's and 295 for Bench. Far from my best numbers, but it will come back.

Comment

Nice. I just started FST 7 for the first time this week. Will be great to have you here as a resource.
        No problem! I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have!

Comment

Welcome to the section. Please let me know if you have any questions.
          Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

Thanks Joker will do!

Comment

FST-7 is good, I don't do it exclusively but I do like to add it at the end of my workout to force blood into the muscle(s). Seems to finish the job off nicely.

Comment

So 5 days is really just too many for me to hit the gym. With 3 -12 hour shifts in the ER and being in school full time again I think 4 fits my lifestyle the best. This past week the only muscles I have left over are shoulders and traps. Ended up hitting tris twice somehow with how the workout was designed but anyway can you hit me up with a good 4 day FST -7 split bro?

Comment

I'm settling on the NPC Southern Colorado Natural in Colorado Springs. I've got a friend of mine in the Air Force who is getting transferred back to Denver and is planning on doing the show with me. So, the beginning of June it is!!! I think the next year after that I'll be doing the Mr. Minnesota Natural with the NANBF in the hopes of getting my IFPA pro card. So that's the plan. Here's how I'm working on getting there:

Step 1: Regain my strength, rebuild my nervous system efficiency.

Today's workout:
                  Standing Military Strength
                  95x10,8, 135x6, 145x2x5, 150x2x4
                  Bench Press
                  230x6, 245x2x5, 255x2x4

I know it doesn't look like much, but that's super heavy for me now and I also had a dinner date with my folks so I had to cut my workout a bit short. On a normal day I am adding in supplementary exercises to maintain my muscle and start bringing up my weak points. I'm also working on perfecting my form.

I'll tell you one thing, my body was shot after that!
                  I give God Almighty the glory for where I am today. If He leads me in another direction in the future, I will forever follow Him. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 (Bible)

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/supermanjow

http://www.trueprotein.com Discount code: JMS105. Ask me about my custom blends.

Comment

Squat and Deadlift Max Day

Well, today finally came and thankfully it is finished! I'm pretty wiped. However, I was very happy with the results. Here's what I did:

Squats (completely raw, no belt, nothing)
                    135x10, 225x5, 315x3, 365x1, 385x1, 395x1, 400x1
                    Deads (the same)
                    225x5, 315x1, 365x1, 405x1, 425x1

Giant Set
                    Machine Calf Press
                    500x4x12, 10+prf
                    Lying leg curls
                    140x3x12, 8+prf
                    Leg extensions
                    200x3x12, 10+prf

Prf-partial reps to failure

BW Walking 1 1/2 Lunges
                    40 (go down halfway up down again then up)

Comment

Nice session...squatting heavy and deadlifting heavy on the same day is a wicked challenge. I take it from the rep ranges you used that you are currently in a strength training period (as opposed to bb'ing) ?
                      https://www.facebook.com/DavidLeesMPD
                      https://www.facebook.com/Ripped2ShredsPhysiques

Comment

That is correct. Working on regaining and surpassing where I was at before dieting for my last show. I've done a pure strength phase for years now. I feel that taking the time to do that once a year has really helped me put on mass over the years.

Comment

Sounds good man...I plan on doing the same thing this "off-season" starting right after my next competition on 10/29.
                          https://www.facebook.com/DavidLeesMPD
                          https://www.facebook.com/Ripped2ShredsPhysiques

Comment

Originally posted by MuscleAddict83 View Post
                            Squat and Deadlift Max Day

Well, today finally came and thankfully it is finished! I'm pretty wiped. However, I was very happy with the results. Here's what I did:

Squats (completely raw, no belt, nothing)
                            135x10, 225x5, 315x3, 365x1, 385x1, 395x1, 400x1
                            Deads (the same)
                            225x5, 315x1, 365x1, 405x1, 425x1

Giant Set
                            Machine Calf Press
                            500x4x12, 10+prf
                            Lying leg curls
                            140x3x12, 8+prf
                            Leg extensions
                            200x3x12, 10+prf

Prf-partial reps to failure

BW Walking 1 1/2 Lunges
                            40 (go down halfway up down again then up)
                            how did you feel at that last deal lift after just a short amount of reps...im gonna shoot for a max lift end of week maybe...

Comment

Good luck with your comp!

Comment

Working...
                              X