Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PL Meet Prep!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    The more often you do keto (and the longer you do it), I think the more the body adapts to it. I honestly feel fine. I just adjust training by lowering the volume this past week and had no issues. Carbs will be back tomorrow though!

    as far as my training/prep, etc...
    felt great yesterday and woke up this morning with a terrible pain in my back. right side, behind the shoulder blade, kinda. Must be from how I slept or maybe how I sat watching the O for 3 hours last night it's killing me. I hate taking any kind of pills and I just took a muscle relaxer. Hope it's gone tomorrow! I ain't got time for this shit!!

    Comment


    • #32
      Just found out that my meet is on December 1st.

      Comment


      • #33
        I can't sleep. So anyways. Update.

        Training at the gym where the meet will be tomorrow to feel out the bench and equipment.

        Also, I keep spranging my ankle. Sucks. Gunna hit the sports doctor after the meet.
        https://www.facebook.com/leanmuscled

        Comment


        • #34
          This is where I'll be training next week (and where the Raw Champs are being held)...



          ‎"Bench/Chest day at Eastside. Alf with some board work and 260kg and coach with some max effort on incline with 170kg plus 40 kg chains and then backing off with 150 kg for 10 reps."

          Comment


          • #35
            Austin, maybe you can wrap up that ankle while training form now until the meet?

            Just got off the scale and it's 215.0 so just over a 7 pound drop in 10 days, today being the 11th but I get carbs tonight.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by tjoe View Post
              Austin, maybe you can wrap up that ankle while training form now until the meet?

              Just got off the scale and it's 215.0 so just over a 7 pound drop in 10 days, today being the 11th but I get carbs tonight.
              I have been Joe, I'll work through it, no big deal. Just blows because it's been an on and off year long injury....Gets better and right when it's almost 100% something stupid happens and it's back to square one. It's from 2 sports related injuries I never got checked out by an MD.
              https://www.facebook.com/leanmuscled

              Comment


              • #37
                gotcha.

                I was 218.8 this morning after my carb feast last night. tight all day so far (meaning no carbs), already trained and felt pretty good and will be having some more carbs tonight in the form of white rice and maybe some cupcakes. I think. Interested to see what the scale says tomorrow.
                I may be able to sneak in my leg work tomorrow night which would be ideal for the diet... we'll see what happens. Higher reps on squats tomorrow too since last week was 90% singles.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Can someone explain the deadlift. I like to get amped up, shake the slack out of the bar, then do a little circle, come back and yank.

                  Would that ritual fly in a meet? The deadlift is the one exercise where being fired the fuck up helps out the most.

                  Secondly, when can my spotter rack the weight after I bench. Will the judge need to say good lift before racking or can if I complete full lock out can my spot grab it?
                  https://www.facebook.com/leanmuscled

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I'll let the others answer your bench question Austin, just in case we do things slightly different at the bottom of the world

                    I'd say your DL ritual should be fine though, the main thing is making sure you stay in your 1min allowance from when you are called. I don't think they're too fussed what people do when they're up there, I have seen some funny stuff at meets lol.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Austin_Bicep View Post
                      Can someone explain the deadlift. I like to get amped up, shake the slack out of the bar, then do a little circle, come back and yank.

                      Would that ritual fly in a meet? The deadlift is the one exercise where being fired the fuck up helps out the most.

                      Secondly, when can my spotter rack the weight after I bench. Will the judge need to say good lift before racking or can if I complete full lock out can my spot grab it?
                      You're going to have to go to complete lockout and hold it there until the judge says rack it. I lost an attempt because I got it back up and then let it go back to get racked before he allowed it.
                      My Journal: http://tiny.cc/3u1ys

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Yeah, you'll likely be red lighted if you drop it at any stage or let go of the bar before it's back on the ground. Once you've been signalled that your DL is good, just lower the bar back down and keep your hands on the bar until it's on the floor!

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          above are correct.
                          and I doubt you will be going first anyway, so be sure to watch a few lifts between your own warm ups. then you know exactly what your looking for.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            And when your squatting, once you look at the center (head judge) he'll give you the squat command and you have to squat at that point. You can't get reset or move around so when you look up at him, you need to be set and ready to squat.
                            Conceive, Believe, Achieve!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Sounds good gentlemen...Buying my USAPL membership online tn, and probably pay the entry fee at the door.

                              Special thanks to the guys helping make this possible.
                              https://www.facebook.com/leanmuscled

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Austin_Bicep View Post
                                Sounds good gentlemen...Buying my USAPL membership online tn, and probably pay the entry fee at the door.

                                Special thanks to the guys helping make this possible.
                                Did you get mail?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X