CMC191 Training Log Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CMC191 View Post
    first rep is always a bitch but I had a workout partner help me with setting up the first rep. Felt pretty good going heavy again

Nice. Yea the set up really fucks me over with db presses. One reason that I never did them for so long. Since I was also always pressing with high volume I felt that I would not get in enough sets without wasting too much energy on carrying them around and kicking them up. I only used a consistant spotter at maybe 3 points in my flat benching periods. Only for flat barbell press or incline. The lift off was always essential for my postioning and I trained to failure.

The combination of not having enough weight and the wasted energy of doing high volume with them, carrying them around. Theyve been great lately though as Ive been trying different things to adapt. Ill get some duct tape possibly soon and try to get them up to 135-150 possibly. Im still getting into the groove with kicking them up and some of the balancing. It was always a very uncommon movement for me, any type of db press.

I notice once I get them up it feels very light. I just need more stability and to waste less energy getting them ready. Ive also been experiencing near black out type of sensations again lately. So I am having trouble trying to stay concious , let alone trying to kick them up. That may also be taking away from my energy. I really notice it after the set. I almost feel like Im going to collapse. Heart gets wild and breathing gets shallow, start to see some white, etc.

KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT !!
    Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

Comment

• Originally posted by Walking Beast View Post
      Nice. Yea the set up really fucks me over with db presses. One reason that I never did them for so long. Since I was also always pressing with high volume I felt that I would not get in enough sets without wasting too much energy on carrying them around and kicking them up. I only used a consistant spotter at maybe 3 points in my flat benching periods. Only for flat barbell press or incline. The lift off was always essential for my postioning and I trained to failure.

The combination of not having enough weight and the wasted energy of doing high volume with them, carrying them around. Theyve been great lately though as Ive been trying different things to adapt. Ill get some duct tape possibly soon and try to get them up to 135-150 possibly. Im still getting into the groove with kicking them up and some of the balancing. It was always a very uncommon movement for me, any type of db press.

I notice once I get them up it feels very light. I just need more stability and to waste less energy getting them ready. Ive also been experiencing near black out type of sensations again lately. So I am having trouble trying to stay concious , let alone trying to kick them up. That may also be taking away from my energy. I really notice it after the set. I almost feel like Im going to collapse. Heart gets wild and breathing gets shallow, start to see some white, etc.

KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT !!

Yeah dumbells are a bitch to work with. However, they are a lot less rough on my shoulders. Flat barbell just gives me trouble now. Not sure why. My form is usually pretty tight
      Training Log

Comment

Yeah dumbells are a bitch to work with. However, they are a lot less rough on my shoulders. Flat barbell just gives me trouble now. Not sure why. My form is usually pretty tight

Same thing for me. Thats why I made the transition. I am enjoying the new movement since its ripe for records, having not done it much. Looks like my joints will need to switch again soon to something besides the shoulder dumbbell press but Ill try to bang out a few more records before I switch it up. With these blackout type sensations again, I may have issues for a while with them as well. The energy it takes to walk them over and kick them up. So Ill see how shit feels. Hopefully subsides soon.

I use a wide grip but even with a closer grip barbell really kills me at that bottom stretch. Even on the smith. I like the military smith machine press because going down to chin is full range for the shoulder and doesnt over stretch the joint. I use a closer grip on those. They are still hard on my shoulders so everything has to be done in cycles with me.

KILL THAT SHIT !!

Comment

• I have not been consistent with the gym lately. I still get in at least 3 times a week and make sure everything is getting worked but I have not been as motivated the last 2 or 3 weeks. No real goal in mind, but on the same note; body comp hasn't really changed. Bicep tendonitis and that clavicle issue arose about a month ago and it hindered the workouts, so I figured I would ease up.

A few new changes will also be happening in the next 2 months, so my thoughts/worries are getting in the way somewhat.
          Training Log

Comment

• I know you know but the gym would be good for those "worries". Maybe not so much the weights even but some good hard cardio for short time or intervals will clear the mind pretty well.

Sometimes those breaks are needed. I think I'm just too thick to know when myself.

Comment

• Oh yeah I use the gym for mental clarity for sure. When I say worries and thoughts getting in the way, I'm meaning it towards not keeping me on a particular goal in mind. After January I will be away from my family a good bit until my wife can get out of her contract so right now it is just messing with my head. It'll kill me to be away from my little girl but it's what has to be done for the mean time. But yeah the gym is still my stress reliever, but I'm just not focused on it at the moment
              Training Log

Comment

• Know how that shit is brother. I struggle with mental demons consistantly but go through periods where it overwhelms and consumes. Beyond my own insecurities, its hatred , bitterness, frustration with the world, despite not directly engaging anyone outside my small circle. My fight has never really been against the people that I despise but against myself. People exist but Im way too consumed dealing with the insanity within. Still my rage does peak at times. Rage is the type of thing that poisons everything else, internally. Though when Im in a wiser state of mind I see things more broad and that dissipates hate. Unfortunately I mostly revert back to the way Ive programmed myself to get through.

Regardless of the issue or severity, it can really bring you down. To the point of not giving a fuck and having zero motivation to even participate in life. During those periods I sleep heavily and become extremely tired. Much more than usual. So I know how blocking out mental demons doesnt really work long term. You feel as though youve dealt with it but its buried deeper, eating you away slowly. It helps me to balance shit out now. Right now I just dont have the fucking drive to train and eat. Its mostly very forced just to train twice or three times a week right now. Just dont give a fuck at this point.

Itll always be there when the time is right. Muscle always comes back for the most part. I would only train in as far as it serves you, and not the other way around. Ive also reached a point where I really feel the futility of my training efforts. You can really only go so far without pumping anabolics and food. I will never spend thousands a month on anabolics like many do. I also realise that even if I get larger and stronger I really gain nothing worthwhile at this point. Doesnt really do shit for me mentally anymore. I used to think that I could deal with my mental demons by escaping my physical body. Not everyone has that motive for training, but I think all things can be applied to any situation. Ultimately its much more useful to focus on things of real value, I believe. Weight lifting was always a distraction for me and a way to deal with my mind. Never what I truly enjoyed. For me it was very forced. I only enjoy lifting extremely heavy and breaking records. The rest I despise. So its never been for me.

KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT !!

Comment

• Yeah this is just a little bump in the road. Nothing serious that I can't get over. It definitely has my mind on other things than workout splits and dieting at the moment, but no biggie haha.

I'll be back in the groove of things when the times right.
                  Training Log

Comment

Yeah this is just a little bump in the road. Nothing serious that I can't get over. It definitely has my mind on other things than workout splits and dieting at the moment, but no biggie haha.

I'll be back in the groove of things when the times right.

Yea, shit like that comes in phases, like injuries. Just a matter of time.

KILL THAT SHIT

Comment

• Been a good while since I’ve posted. I still keep track of md on a regular basis. Everything is good on my part still. Working out 4-5 times a week and staying with a consistent workout plan. Cheat/shoulders on Tuesday. Back on Thursday. Biceps and triceps on Saturday. And legs on Sunday. Food has been 2 liquid meals and 2-3 regular meals. Seems to be the easiest to stick to. Protein is at least 200gms daily. Carbs range from 200-400 depending on bodypart worked and fat is not really counted but kept in check. Staying in decent shape and still keeping my size. All is good. Hope everyone is doing well
                      Training Log

Comment

Working...
                      X