Announcement

Collapse

Registeration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
See more
See less

The Coach is Getting Back After It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job man. Keep consistent with food and training and youll be where u need to be
    Training Log

Comment

Hey Coach. Welcome to the section. Let me know if I can help.
      Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

These are some starting point pics from this morning. I weighed in at 278.4. No workout today, Area track meet.

CAM00425.jpgCAM00426.jpg

Comment

Alright, got a little overwhelmed the last week, but I'm back at it today. Got in a good shoulder workout last week, but didn't write any of it down and don't feel like typing it up at this point. Knocked out chest yesterday; still getting used to the higher volume.

Chest
          BB bench - 115x13, 155x13, 185x13, 215x10/+5 (started too close to the rack, had to slide down then finish the set)
          Inc. DB flyes - 20x14, 25x12, 25x15 (pretty much failure)
          Ab work in between most sets
          Got a little preoccupied with the kids and was having a rough day to begin with.

Since I didn't finish my rotation last week, I just picked up where I left off. Arms today, legs tomorrow, hit back either Thurs or Fri. We'll see how my back feels after legs.

On a new note, my idea of jumpstarting my HPTA turned into a short Epistane cycle. I had a couple extra bucks after payday so I'm going to try Epi for 4 wks, possibly 6 depending on how I'm responding. This will get me back into the swing of things. I've already got a crap ton of clomid on hand, enough for 2 rounds of PCT, so I'll have enough left over to try another round of orals a month or two after I finish the Epistane. Depends what I can get my hands on between now and then.

I never intended to jump into things like this, especially not after my last go round turned out so badly. I'm getting serious about taking control of my body again though. I want to get the weight off for the sake of longevity (back health) for my family. It's also going to help my career a little bit. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

I tried doing legs last night, didn't go over very well. I guess my back was still pretty tight from deadlift last week, but I tried to push through. I went low weight, higher reps since I'm still trying to figure out how to rehab my back and I haven't done any kind of squats in 2-3 weeks. I got about 3 and a half sets done and my sacral region was too tight and painful to finish. I had worked in a couple core exercises, but I wonder if the Russian twists aggravated something back there. I got in 3 light sets of single leg squat, which felt great through the range of motion, so I'll probably work those in every week. Next leg day I might try front squats instead. We'll see how I feel. It's back tonight, so I should get some good work done. I might do straight leg deads instead or regulars tonight. I didn't get them in yesterday and I may be able to keep some of the strain off of my back better through that RoM.

Comment

Got in a good back workout yesterday. Not sure if the Epidrol is kicking in after just 3 days or if training with one of my throwers is boosting the placebo effect, but I'm feeling pretty good in the gym. My workout volume is increasing and I'm getting back to a lifting pace that I haven't tried since college. My weights are decent so far too, nothing crazy yet though. I'm trying to keep my diet under control. Daytime is easier than dinner, but I'm starting to make up for that with my time in the gym. Stupid f*ckin website won't let me add lines to my post, so my workout is going to be a little jumbled. Back Wide Grip pulldowns (for pump) - 50x20, 75x20, 100x15; Bent over rows - 65x15, 105x12, 115x10 +2 Reverse Grip; Close Reverse Grip pulldowns - 90x12, 125x12, 135x9. Didn't have time to get in deadlift, probably wouldn't have been too bad though. Shoulders this afternoon. I'm gonna try to get in two pressing movements today, see if I've got enough gas in the tank.

Comment

Well, hopped on the scale this morning and I'm up to 287.2. I'm a little worried about the weight gain, but not too much since I'm making noticeable gains in good size. My wife made a comment about my arms, so I measured out of curiosity and I've already gained a half inch on each. I need to pick up the cardio though so I can actually see the gains. And I have to remind myself that the whole point of this is to add AND lose weight so I can move better, both for health reasons and job reasons. I'll post last week's back workout in a bit and I'm getting in shoulders this afternoon.

Comment

Trained shoulders yesterday afternoon. Felt pretty good putting in a full workout.

Shoulders

DB military press - 20x15, 30x13, 40x12, 50x12 (most weight I've moved in a long time!)
                  Lateral raises - 10x15, 15x12, 20x10 dropset 15x5 (supersetted w/ Upright rows)
                  Upright rows - 95x12, 115x10, 115x10 (started too heavy, ego didn't let me back off properly)
                  Behind the head presses - 45x15, 95x10, 95x14 (surprising intensity on last set, haven't done this in a while and it felt pretty good)
                  Tried to get in rear delt cable pulls, but had to clear out. This was the biggest full shoulder workout I've done in almost 2 years. It's exciting getting after the weights like this again. It's going to be a big motivator going into the summer and stepping up my cardio to crazy levels once school is over.

Hitting chest this afternoon, should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by FearTheWolfPack View Post
                    Got in a good back workout yesterday. Not sure if the Epidrol is kicking in after just 3 days or if training with one of my throwers is boosting the placebo effect, but I'm feeling pretty good in the gym. My workout volume is increasing and I'm getting back to a lifting pace that I haven't tried since college. My weights are decent so far too, nothing crazy yet though. I'm trying to keep my diet under control. Daytime is easier than dinner, but I'm starting to make up for that with my time in the gym. Stupid f*ckin website won't let me add lines to my post, so my workout is going to be a little jumbled. Back Wide Grip pulldowns (for pump) - 50x20, 75x20, 100x15; Bent over rows - 65x15, 105x12, 115x10 +2 Reverse Grip; Close Reverse Grip pulldowns - 90x12, 125x12, 135x9. Didn't have time to get in deadlift, probably wouldn't have been too bad though. Shoulders this afternoon. I'm gonna try to get in two pressing movements today, see if I've got enough gas in the tank.
                    I have to use Mozilla to add lines. I think my browser needs updating.
                    Training Log

Comment

Good job fella, seems like you're enjoying getting back into the gym
                      Training Log

Comment

Yeah man. Keep at it.
                        Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

Keep posting, even if your not goin it will remind you to make time or fit it in.
                          http://www.blacklionresearch.com/

WORLD PHARM =

Comment

?? Where u at man... U still keepin at it?
                            Training Log

Comment

His last day on way the 6th....
                              http://www.blacklionresearch.com/

WORLD PHARM =

Comment

Working...
                              X