Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goon's training journal

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Goon's training journal

    I have to thank Daibhi for the motivation for starting this journal. I've had a few injuries this year added another small tear in an already banged up left rotator cuff. Last week I put a small tear in my left pec. I plan on competing next summer at the Team Universe , so I'm 50 weeks out.

    My split is day 1 chest day 2 quads day 3 back day 4 cardio day 5 delts day 6 hams day 7 arms.

    Today was cardio 30 minutes thread mill 6 incline steady state with a few increases in speed.
    Abs. Hammer Strength ab machine 3 x 20 set at 7
    Crunches 3 x failure.

    Yesterday was arms bis and tri s
    Super set v bar pushdowns with narrow grip row handle push downs with thumbs in grip. 3 rounds 25 reps per exercise.

    Preacher curl super set wide grip to close grip
    1. 75 x 12 x 10
    2. 85 x 11 x 8
    3. 85 x 9 x 7

    Close grip bench

    3 x 25 - 15 @ 135

    Dumbbell hammers
    1. 45 x 15
    2. 50 x 12
    3. 60 x 8 followed by multiple drops

    Icarian dip machine 3 x failure the rack

    Barbell 21's
    3 sets 60 , 70 , 70

  • #2
    Thanks for starting a journal.
    My Competition Prep Journal

    Muscular Development Forum Rules

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Daibhí O'Buadain View Post
      Thanks for starting a journal.

      Thank you for the prompt. It will be a good tool as a make the jump the National Level

      Comment


      • #4
        So how much is Bowden paying you to do this?

        On a serious note will you be posting workout videos? Changes in meal plans, supplements etc or just lift numbers?

        The only journal on here I ever really checked out was walking beasts as he would do all that. Strong guy, but his wasn't really a regimen I'd wanna emulate much of. Did learn some interesting stuff diet wise from it though

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Donflex View Post
          So how much is Bowden paying you to do this?

          On a serious note will you be posting workout videos? Changes in meal plans, supplements etc or just lift numbers?

          The only journal on here I ever really checked out was walking beasts as he would do all that. Strong guy, but his wasn't really a regimen I'd wanna emulate much of. Did learn some interesting stuff diet wise from it though

          That's an idea honestly , I have no problem posting supps . Right now my diet is for junk. I'm not eating enough and too much junk . I'm setting at a relatively lean 272

          Comment


          • #6
            Whaaaa.....?
            Goon! In the journals section?
            Shit I been keeping a journal since bb.com days! LOL I love it and look back often.
            Welcome brother, sorry about the tear. I know you'll train around it though.
            I'll be looking in.

            Comment


            • #7
              Guess Goon is not a homo like the rest of us.

              Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by tjoe View Post
                Whaaaa.....?
                Goon! In the journals section?
                Shit I been keeping a journal since bb.com days! LOL I love it and look back often.
                Welcome brother, sorry about the tear. I know you'll train around it though.
                I'll be looking in.

                It's a nice switch to actually talk about training.


                Chest 7/20

                Today was a feel it out day. Attempted to warm up on the fly machine the motion felt painful. So decided it was an all press day.

                Selectorized Hammer Strength Inclined
                40 per side 25 reps
                50 per side 25 reps
                70 per side 20
                80 per side 15

                Smith machine inclines 3 second positive 3second negative with a 2 second pause
                95 x 30
                135 x 20
                135 x 18
                135 x 17
                135 x 15

                Land mine presses using supported T bar machine
                25 plate 25
                45 plate x 30
                45 x 27
                45 x 22
                45 x 18

                Dumbell side laterals
                7 sets 30's 25 to 15 reps

                Comment


                • #9
                  What's a land mine press?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    20170720_141842.jpg

                    Hold the end of the T bar with both hands while sitting on knees bring bar down to upper chest press out . Killer for inner pecs. My upper pecs are very stubborn , I started using these in the spring and have had noticeable imorovements

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I've only ever done these one arm at a time. Will give a try this way next time

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Donflex View Post
                        I've only ever done these one arm at a time. Will give a try this way next time

                        It's a better squeeze in the pecs with two hands less delt involved

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by thegoon View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]358367[/ATTACH]

                          Hold the end of the T bar with both hands while sitting on knees bring bar down to upper chest press out . Killer for inner pecs. My upper pecs are very stubborn , I started using these in the spring and have had noticeable imorovements
                          Gonna try those.
                          Thanks.
                          My Competition Prep Journal

                          Muscular Development Forum Rules

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Nice way to work around it goon. I like how you tried the fly and said F it too. Many people are too stubborn and would have "worked through it". Gotta train smart.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by tjoe View Post
                              Nice way to work around it goon. I like how you tried the fly and said F it too. Many people are too stubborn and would have "worked through it". Gotta train smart.

                              At my age if I don't listen to my body I'm screwed

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X