Announcement

Collapse

Registeration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
See more
See less

Ted's Growth Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, January 19, 2013 - Full Body Lifting

Hammer Str. Bench

warmup - 10 x 90lb
    8 x 150lb
    6 x 150lb
    6 x 150lb
    4 x 150lb

Assisted Pullup Machine

8 x 70lb assist
    6 x 70lb assist
    6 x 70lb assist
    4 x 70lb assist

Straight Arm Push Down

6 x 70lbs
    8 x 55lbs
    8 x 55lbs

SLDL

8 x 90lbs
    8 x 90lbs
    8 x 90lbs

Squat

warmup - 10 x bar
    8 x 115lbs
    8 x 115lbs
    8 x 115lbs

Hammer Str. Behind Neck Press

10 x 100lbs
    10 x 100lbs
    10 x 100lbs

Step Ups

6 x 30lbs
    6 x 30lbs
    6 x 30lbs

Seated DB Curls

8 x 40s
    4 x 40s
    4 x 40s
    no rest - 8 x 25s

30 minutes later followed by 50 laps worth of swim drills
    Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

Comment

• Good luck with the weight drop, 30lb is a lofty goal to set yourself !!

You going to follow through with getting yourself a swim coach? Are they very expensive? Keep up the good work with the training Teddy, JIM.

Comment

• So far, the swim coach cost shouldn't be too bad. From what I'm finding, for a few hundred dollars I can get a handful of individualized sessions. The other option is to join one of the local groups of the U.S. Masters Swim clubs which holds practices every morning around 6am. Coaches are there to work with participants and the cost of that I believe is about $650 for a year. I may wait until work slows down in the summer to start with a swim club.

Comment

• My Fitness Log Totals
          This Month's Totals
          Swimming 1 2:08 2.27 miles (=4,000 yards, =3,658 meters)
          This Year's Totals
          Swimming 24 45:00 50.00 miles (=88,000 yards, =80,467 meters)
          Weights 6 5:33
          Spinning 13 6:09 136.50 miles (=240,240 yards, =219,675 meters)
          Fitness Log Lifetime Totals since Nov 12, 2012
          Swimming 59 96:14 108.66 miles (=191,250 yards, =174,879 meters)
          Weights 10 8:03
          Spinning 15 7:17 159.90 miles (=281,424 yards, =257,334 meters)

Comment

• Been a long time since I've posted in here. I thing I'm going to do a little tracking here. I've struggled with some feed issues, but I've gone a year and a half since my last trip to the hospital, so I think I'm good for a while. I need to drop some weight, so far, dropped 4-5 lbs since 1st of the year. Shooting to get down to 180, I'm sitting around 211 now.

Training for a sprint distance triathlon in the spring. Also, need to add a little muscle mass.

Comment

• Welcome Back!
              Instagram: Deak007

Comment

• thanks, so many changes in life. I really need to get back into a routine. It's tough when work and commuting take up so much time.

Comment

• The commuting last year was really rough on me, never seemed to have time in my schedule to workout. I ballooned up to 230lbs which is the heaviest I've been in 15 years. I just started working out again and dieting strict a couple weeks ago, already down 4 lbs. I'm hoping I can keep a handle on my schedule this year.

Comment

• Wow, I could almost quote my last entry from the beginning of the year, only a little worse. Not only have I had to deal with commute this year, but I was away on travel most of the year as well. Restaurant food takes its tole and I got even heavier as the year went on. Today is my last business travel day for the year, after this I'm local thankfully. I did put the breaks on and started getting the scale to go back down about a month ago because my blood sugars were starting to get out of hand also. Well, here's to staying local to work and a more consistent healthy lifestyle.

Comment

• good progress since november. Sugar down, weight already down to 204 which is lowest i've been in years and i'm swimming again,

Comment

Working...
                      X