No announcement yet.

Ted's Growth Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with my work schedule i get every other friday off, it's nice not to have to rush out of the gym in the morning.
    Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy788 View Post
      with my work schedule i get every other friday off, it's nice not to have to rush out of the gym in the morning.
      I feel you, brother.

I just started shift work.

I've never looked forward to my days off/the gym so much!

IHN,

Addison K.

Comment

Today was Cardio Day -

10 minute warmup on bike
        Abs: SuperSetted between Weighted incline crunches and reverse bench crunches -
        Inc crunch - 12x10lbs, Rev crunch - 12x10lbs IC - 12x10lbs RC - 12x10lbs IC - 12x10lbs RC 12x10lbs - no rest between sets - owwwww

Side Bends w/ 45lb plate - 3x12

20 min jog/walk on track
        1 hr spin class
        30 min on eliptical - kept speed between 3mph and 3.5mph resistance level 5 out of 20

Comment

Dude, that is a killer amount of cardio. I wish I had your determination, and the ab work is sick too.

Comment

thanks, I really enjoy the spinning class so that helps, i'm determined to see my abs some day . . .

Comment

keep the diet tight my friend...abs are made in the kitchen remember! or else every fool who spent hours just doing cardio at gyms would have 6 packs and you know they dont!

but you are doing great. keep up the intensity with the weights...my gosh you could hang with me, with the amount of cardio u r doing. cardio is the devil...

Comment

i am amazed with your cardio!

something to: ask are you doing DC for your workouts?
                my strongman training
                Handle every situation like a Dog.If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

Comment

I'm doing DC for my lifting workouts for the last 2 months and the strength gains have been good. Diet wise I'm following a diet like palumbo preaches, keeping to less than 50 g carbs a day and limiting my calories to less than 2500 per day. My cheat meal is friday night, like last night i had 2 sweet potatos, then we went to chick fillet and I had chicken sandwich and fries and had some microwave popcorn with fat free butter spray on it. Thats why I follow up with Hiit cardio training on sat mornings.

tonight I ate a little more than I should have for dinner but kept it low carb, had some chicken wings and a chicken blt salad, no idea how much fat was in the ranch dressing, probably way too much but I ate very clean the rest of the day.

Comment

thought so...
                    HIIT cardio is great.
                    do you find yourself full after the cheat meal?

only asking because i am making changes after my comp in chicago
                    my strongman training
                    Handle every situation like a Dog.If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

Comment

yes, the cheat meal is awesome, and two hours after the cheat meal my veins just seem to pop out. Putting those carbs in after abstaining for an entire week is such a refreshing feeling, it feels like your batteries just got changed. Then I sweat my ass off during the saturday morning workout cause of all the extra water i'm holding.

Comment

It takes a lot of self discipline for me to keep to a strict diet on the weekends. I have a very specific routine during the week because of work and that makes it easier to stay strict. Here are my macros for today including the shake i'll have before bed in 2 hours:

Cals- 2103 Prot- 239g Fat- 97g Carbs- 63g

here is my food journal: http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=lumpy788

I went a little higher on the carbs than what I do during the week but 3/4 of that was from the 2 servings of nuts I had in the afternoon and from the heaping pile of brocolli I had for dinner. I'm pretty proud of myself.

Comment

4/14/08 - Monday - Chest, Shoulders and Triceps

Chest - Incline DB Press - WarmUp - 2x8x45lbs, RestPause - 50lbs - 6,6,6,3 (I tried 60s but with dumbells my leftside is so much weaker than my right that I had problems getting them up this morning, maybe next week), StaticHold - 35s - 30 secs, DropSets- 10x40, 7x40, 5x35, Deep Chest Stretch - 60 secs

Shoulders - Front Smyth Press - WarmUp - 2x8x105lbs, RestPause - 155lbs - 6,4,2, StaticHold - 105lbs - 30 secs, DropSets - 2x10x95, Deep Shoulder Stretch - 60 secs

Triceps - Weighted Dips - WarmUp - (w/ 40lb assist) 2x8, RestPause - 6xbodyweight+35lbs, 4,2,2xbodyweight, statichold (100lb assist) - 30 secs, DropSets (80lb assist) 2x12, Deep Tricep Stretch - 60 secs.

Morning Cardio - 20mins on stepper - ligth resist - alternate between levels 3 and 4, 10 mins on bike - 60 rpms

Evening Cardio - in about an hour i'm heading out the door to get a slow hour on the eliptical

morning weight - 206.5lbs

Comment

nice workout
                            i have to somehow get the discipline for a diet.
                            my strongman training

Comment

it's not easy, it took me about 3 months, once I got to that point, it got easier. Grocery shopping is really easy, don't even need a list any more because during the week I pretty much eat the same meals with the exception of dinner.

Comment

4/15/08 - Tuesday - Biceps, Forearms and Back

Biceps: Straight Barbell Curl - WarmUp - 8x45, 8x65, 8x 65, RestPause - 3x80, 3x70,4x70,2x70, StaticHold - 45 - 30 secs, DropStets - 2x12x45.

ForeArms: HammerCurls - WarmUp - 3x8x30s, RestPause - 40s - 6,4,2, StaticHold - 25s - 30 sec, DropSets - 2x12x25s - Deep Bicep Stretch -60secs.

BackWidth: Behind Back Pull-Down - WarmUp - 3x8x100, RestPause - 6x160, 4x130, 4x130, Static Hold 100lbs - 30 sec, DropSets - 2x12x100.

BackThick: DeadLift - WarmUp - 3x8x135, RestPause - 205lbs - 6,1,3,2

Cardio - 15 minutes on stepper - level 3/4

Planning on an hour this evening slow on an eliptical - the evening cardio that i've started doing the end of last week really seems to be helping and diet has been really tight, thankfully.

Comment

Working...
                                X