No announcement yet.

Tjoes Training Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do they determine the bodyfat percentage lost??
    Training Log

Comment

• Arm day for me, as well.. I picked 2 exercises only and smashed it.. pushing the 20" margin today i'm guessin lol
      Training Log

Comment

• 20!??
        F me! I doubt I'm hitting 18 anymore! LOL

it's not 4% fat it's 4% of weight. So if I weigh in at 200 pounds (for easy math) I will need to be 192 in four weeks.
        At first I thought pretty easy but now I'm thinking I am going to have to work a lil bit. LOL
        Already decided no pizza or Ben and Jerrys for these four weeks wish me luck... I love my ice cream! Hahaha

Comment

• Yeah 8 lbs doesnt sound hard, especially if $ is involved... Keto is your best bet for the next month i suppose? And im close to 20", i cant seem to break 19.25" last time i measured... Working on it tho
          Training Log

Comment

• But good luck on the bet. You got this nailed no prob
            Training Log

Comment

• Legs (204.6)

So I woke up, hit the bathroom and hoped on the scale... 204.6
              I put on a pair of shorts and t shirt for my dietbet and it was 207.0

Golds in Chicopee this afternoon:

Precor Super Squat facing in
              empty x 20
              1 x 15
              2 x 10
              3 x 5
              4 x 5
              6 x 5
              7 x 5
              8 x 8

45 degree sled
              1 x 15
              2 x 15
              3 x 15, 15

Single leg curl
              40 x 10
              50 x 10
              60 x 10
              70 x 10

Leg ext
              70 x 10
              100 x 10
              130 x 10
              160 x 10

Standing calf machine
              100 x 10
              120 x 10
              140 x 10
              160 x 10

calf on 45 degree
              1 x 10
              2 x 10
              3 x 10
              4 x 10, but they were not great

Excellent day.

Comment

• What type of shoes are you squatting in?

Comment

• Those are just regular ole Nikes. I actually prefer to squat in my work boots and I do had a pair of Otomix that I will break out once in a while. I actually do NOT like to train legs in my Vibram 5 fingers however those are great for deadlifting.

Comment

• Cool, I ask because I see your PL #s in your signature and it did look like you're squatting in basketball shoes.

I've never squatted in work boots—just Converses or Vans for me.

I also haven't tried the Vibram 5 fingers but wearing them for deadlifts makes sense since not having a sole reduces the distance you have the pull the bar.

Another question for you: Do you find it hard to motivate yourself to train in a bodybuilding style? I tried to hang-up the belt and buck o' chalk but every time after a few weeks I lose motivation in the gym.

It's like I have to have a # I'm shooting for in a lift to be consistent in the gym now.

Comment

• I don't like to use it as an excuse but I have to explain to answer. Being a natty I really feel there is only so far I can go. My bets meet was at 236 pounds and I was fat and felt like shit but I really do feel it's almost required to get the most out of it. IF I were "on", I could carry just as much muscle at 220, maybe even 198 and do as well if not better.
                      So to answer, I feel numbers wise I am pretty tapped out unless I'm 250 and a heart attack waiting to happen. So for me I have to switch it up every so often. Like now. LOL. Diet mode in full swing at the moment.
                      I never really lose motivation to train, I just have to have a goal. A meet coming up... work on my bench... try to get leaner, SOMETHING.

Have you done some meets?

Comment

• Your answer makes total sense.

I'm also lifetime natural and have found (especially once I turned 30) that: a.) Recovery now is a LOT longer (I used to hit a ME Squat/Deadlift workout in my teens/early 20s and not even feel it the next day); and, b.) I don't have the rage that fueled the powerlifting I have done in my life before.

When I powerlifted before I was full of anger and rage that all I had to do is bottle all of my darkness on my off-days and then walk into the gym ready to explode.

My old motto was: "Get it, blow something out, or die." I actually had guys not believe I was natural until they got to know me and see that it was really just rage/hatred that fueled my lifting.

As for meets, I competed in a few in my late teens and one about 3 years ago. I'll be honest: I was a too much a coward to compete most of the time I powerlifted.

Fear ruled much of my old life and it definitely keep me from competing for years. Looking back I wish I had manned up and competed all the years I powerlifted.

Comment

• Also, I was just talking to a gym at one of the gyms I go to about the fact that I don't see a lot of natural powerlifters over the age 30.

I've been around the block so I know that some guys just use some test/deca and aren't the walking pharmacies that most people associate with PEDs, but I also don't know if I could ever beat my best gym lifts (555 squat, 385 touch-n-go bench press, 605 deadlift) naturally now.

Comment

• Pressing (206.6)

Bench
                            80 x 25
                            170 x 10
                            220 x 5
                            260 x 5
                            Paused from here:
                            310 x 5, 4
                            and I stopped there. NO WAY I was getting anything out of any more.

Z presses
                            bar x 8
                            65 x 8
                            85 x 8
                            105 x 8
                            125 x 8
                            145 x 8
                            *better than I thought here.

Super set Dips (me) and Ab Machine (80)
                            5 sets of 12 reps on both

Right after the weights:
                            Elliptical
                            manual level 1
                            60 minutes

OK day aside from the bench. I know that will drop a little though now that the diet is going strong.

Originally posted by Nikolaos View Post
                            Also, I was just talking to a gym at one of the gyms I go to about the fact that I don't see a lot of natural powerlifters over the age 30.

I've been around the block so I know that some guys just use some test/deca and aren't the walking pharmacies that most people associate with PEDs, but I also don't know if I could ever beat my best gym lifts (555 squat, 385 touch-n-go bench press, 605 deadlift) naturally now.
                            Great lifts and very close to mine as well.
                            My best gym lifts: 555/425/675
                            Best lifts in a meet: 534/389/650 (If I recall correctly) I have them all written down somewhere.
                            My "problem" is I have NO rage what so ever! LOL, one of my buddies always used to say I have to get pissed... just can't do it! Ha.

Comment

• Back (206.4)

Treadmill at home around 7:45am
                              60 minutes
                              2.5 mph at 5.0 incline for 50 minutes (the other 10 was a steady increase to 5.0)

Back at 10:30am

Super set:
                              cable pullovers and barbell shrugs
                              60/95 x 15s
                              80/145 x 15s
                              100/195 x 10s
                              120/245 x 10s and 10s

Super set
                              wide pulldowns and cable rows
                              60 x 12s
                              80 x 12s
                              100 x 10s
                              120 x 10s and 10s

Cable crunch
                              100 x 15
                              110 x 12
                              120 x 10
                              130 x 8
                              and then 1 plank for as long as I could

I know it's early yet... but just a couple days of better diet and 2 days of cardio and I "felt" leaner today. Someone at the gym mentioned it too so it must not be just in my head. Those numbers better start dropping though....

Comment

• Cardio (205.6)

at home on the treadmill

60 minutes total.
                                2 incline the whole time
                                started at 2.0 mph and increased .1 every minute until I hit 3.3 mph and then I left it there the rest of the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X