Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 sets of 10 reps at 275... ROUGH!
    I went in at 10:00 and finished just before 12:30
    I didn't get 275 on the bar until just after 10:30 so those 10 sets were just under 2 hours long. BIG breaks, move weight, that was the goal.
    That day took a lot out of me for sure. Loved it!

Comment

• Comment

• Well, no new posts in this section for MONTHS. Thats sad but I haven't been any better. I've still been training and there are a bunch of videos on youtube.
        I did my usual Russian taper program for the last 3 weeks and went in today to see if I had the ole 405 in the tank...

light warms ups followed by:
        315 x 2 very easy. normally these feel heavy no matter what so this was a good sign
        365 x 1 fast. no lift off, solid pause, right up
        405 x 1 slow and steady. no lift, great pause, slow but smooth all the way up
        430 x 0, I knew I wouldn't get it but my best ever was 425. I wanted to see how it felt, surprisingly, good. no issues.

I weighed in at 222.0 this morning. Exactly 50 pounds up from my 172 this past summer.
        I told my self going into this that if I missed or it felt awful I would be back on the diet this afternoon. If it felt good I would push to see if I can get to 430 for a new PR. I'm still torn a bit as I would like to be in better shape but I know that doesn't go with big numbers. And honestly, the bench felt great today. That tapering program really works very well for me. I feel pretty shitty the entire 3 weeks but I feel incredible the day of the lift, which is point I suppose.

Time will tell, I'll see what happens.

Comment

Working...
        X