Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjoe View Post
    Thanks bro, that would be sweet!
    I check weight and BF every night. I have a Tanita scale. I know it isn't THAT accurate but I have to say since starting Daves diet the fluctuation in numbers has been cut in half. I average out each month to see if I am headed in the right direction. Hydrostatic weighing is somewhat accurate but only if you can get rid of ALL the air in your system. The best is DEXA (dual x-ray absorbitomitry) however big$$$ for that one. Calipers are not any more accurate than my scale unless you have a VERY experienced person using them and even then holding some water would throw off the numbers. Number one (next to DEXA) would be the mirror .
    Plus the Tanita scale is almost instant numbers. As long as you know it's not spot on accurate no big. t's not like if your weight or bf% were to go down that the scale wouldn't pick up a decrease. I'm lucky. My wife is in the masters nursing program at CSUS, and I get free access to all those kind of goodies. Now mind you when I do go in there with all those students I become a human lab rat. I get poked and prodded, and more gizmos put on me than a gatorade commercial
    And yes my legs are very sore today. Thanks bro!
    Assistant to the regional manager.
    Iron8 approved

Comment

K, yesterday the wife and I went to the Bronx zoo. Awesome time as we don't get to do much as far as day trips and stuff. we must have walked about 11 miles or so. We stuck to the diet just fine! Ate in the mornig before we left, had 4 meals with us and ate on the way home.

Anyway as of last night:
      202 @ 15.2% (Again, I know it's not 100% accurate, but still headed in the right direction)

Tonight is a big cheat meal at On The Border. Chips and salsa, beef buritto with a double side of rice and then we are headed to Coldstone for some ice cream as dessert
      Sunday morning it'll be back to the grind!
      Peace.

Comment

Sounds like a blast bro. I imagine that zoo is sweet. I like the sound of the food too. I haven't stopped eating since the show last weekend. :P

Comment

K, yesterday the wife and I went to the Bronx zoo. Awesome time as we don't get to do much as far as day trips and stuff. we must have walked about 11 miles or so. We stuck to the diet just fine! Ate in the mornig before we left, had 4 meals with us and ate on the way home.

Anyway as of last night:
          202 @ 15.2% (Again, I know it's not 100% accurate, but still headed in the right direction)

Tonight is a big cheat meal at On The Border. Chips and salsa, beef buritto with a double side of rice and then we are headed to Coldstone for some ice cream as dessert
          Sunday morning it'll be back to the grind!
          Peace.
          Sound like a good time That Cold Stone ice cream is addictive... I am soooo glad there is not one here in Memphis (or at least one that I know about). I get back on the grind Monday... currently on day four of a five day rest period... it is driving me insane too.

I do not even think the celebratory spread my parents and laying out for my brother's graduation today is even going to matter to me LOL

Comment

Keep kickin ass man, you're doing great and I can't wait to see the progress you've made. I bet you've got a great physique that's just waiting to be shown
            I min/max my physique

Comment

First Four Weeks

..................LBS.......BF%....FAT...LEAN
              After week 1 208.6 @ 20.4% 42.55 166.05
              After week 2 205.4 @ 18.7% 38.40 167.00
              After week 3 204.7 @ 17.9% 36.64 168.06
              After week 4 203.8 @ 17.1% 34.84 168.96

How do those numbers look for the first four weeks of Daves Diet??
              I'm pretty damn happy with 'em myself!!
              I hope it continues like that...

Comment

..................LBS.......BF%....FAT...LEAN
                After week 1 208.6 @ 20.4% 42.55 166.05
                After week 2 205.4 @ 18.7% 38.40 167.00
                After week 3 204.7 @ 17.9% 36.64 168.06
                After week 4 203.8 @ 17.1% 34.84 168.96

How do those numbers look for the first four weeks of Daves Diet??
                I'm pretty damn happy with 'em myself!!
                I hope it continues like that...
                Freakin awesome. I hope I get the same kinda results, even though I will be starting at a lower BF%.

Comment

Thanks sandpig! You gotta try it.

OH SHIT!! Video day tomorrow... I'm nervous !

Comment

you look great and big as hell! keep up the diet cuz i would love to see ya stick with it. how many cals are you getting in a day? your log has got me pumped and it will help me stay on track with my diet!

Comment

Thanks sandpig! You gotta try it.

OH SHIT!! Video day tomorrow... I'm nervous !
                      Shoot nothing to me nervous about. You've lost alomst 4% bf, and only 5lb. You should start to see a noticable difference. If those numbers keep up you're half way there. So that'd be about 8 more weeks of diet to hit 8-9%. I wonder if there is a way to calculate how many claories you have to burn with your BMR to drop each 1% of BF? So odviously a pound is 3500 calories. So if you knew your BMR you could take that into your total LBM and find it out...wooow. Sorry, just went into the nerd zone there for a minute. I'm back now lol
                      Iron8 approved

Comment

ctrl and toddbz - Thanks for the words! I actually have no clue how many cals I'm getting in. I just follow Daves little plan and all is well . I think the simplicity of it is half the key. The other half would be consitancy. We'll see what happens...

Comment

ctrl and toddbz - Thanks for the words! I actually have no clue how many cals I'm getting in. I just follow Daves little plan and all is well . I think the simplicity of it is half the key. The other half would be consitancy. We'll see what happens...
                          With Dave's diet I believe he's already planned it out for a 250lb person. So it would be easy to adjust the amounts (even at breakfast) to get the proper amounts. Of course if you don't have to concern yourself with counting calories, then that's just one less thing to have to remember to do. Plus your eating very consistantly the same caloric values everyday. After all we do have 'real' jobs. Mine right now happens to be posting here. Ahhh it's good to be the king
                          Iron8 approved

Comment

OK First vid from 5-1-07... Pre-Palumbo Diet

And Second vid from 6-1-07 HOPEFULLY showing some improvemnet...

Go ahead you can be honest....

Comment

your mid section def looks tighter! keep w/ it man!

Comment

Great job Joe!

Comment

Working...
                                X