Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tjoes Training Journal

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    If i tried to dead what you do i would pull my arms off before the weight moved.... f-ing freak!

    Comment


    • #77
      Tank - I think that is how all of us think! We always want more of what we don't have... More lean, more muscle, bigger bench, stronger squat... the list never ends. It's what makes us different than the average schmoe, we are constantly looking to improve something.

      Toddbz - Thanks bro! I hope that is what happens!! My stats from this week are just below... check 'em out.

      ctrl - Haha! No-one could say you didn't try then... lol!! Honestly the deadlift was always my best lift. Just built well for it I suppose. On the flip side I am never happy with my pressing or my great ability to add body fat at will.

      OK, another week down. Not so thrilled with this weeks progress, BUT I DO KNOW the body dosen't continue linearly. It's peaks and valleys, bursts and stagnation. So with that here are the averages from last week:

      Weight......201.3......Down by 1.4
      BF%.........17.0........Down by 0.1
      Fat Mass...34.22......Down by .44
      Muscle......167.08....Down by .96

      So, whaddya know bout dat??!!?!
      I'm trying to take it with a grain of salt but that is a bummer. I am going to make some changes this week and see what happens. Little things, consistantly, that's how I roll. So this week, fats are going to drop.

      Nuts to 45 grams instead of my usual 60
      PB to 24 grams instead of 32
      and 4 whole eggs + 4oz of whites instead of 6 whole
      all week and we'll see what happens.

      Comment


      • #78
        I don't think those scales are very accurate at all bro, well not when you get to the lower body fat percentages. I have a Weight Watchers scale and the bf% isn't even close for me, I think I got like 18% or something when I was near 9. I know it worked fairly well for my mom though as she's higher in body fat. I don't know the science behind it, but I'd look into another method if I were you.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Cra-Z View Post
          I don't think those scales are very accurate at all bro, well not when you get to the lower body fat percentages. I have a Weight Watchers scale and the bf% isn't even close for me, I think I got like 18% or something when I was near 9. I know it worked fairly well for my mom though as she's higher in body fat. I don't know the science behind it, but I'd look into another method if I were you.
          Yep, the mirror!
          I just like to use the scale to get an estimate, nothing more. My body is going in the right direction and getting a PR on the sled today means I can't be losing much muscle (I did 4 more reps with 8 a side than my previous best, 12 vs. 8) So the scale is just fun to watch... and the weight is pretty accurate.

          Comment


          • #80
            Like you said, it's the ebb and flow. Just take it in stride, note it down for the future and press on. I'm interested to see what this week brings. All you need to see is a decline in bf to know you're on the right track. Maybe console with Dave to see how long you should let the mods in the diet go until the next change (if necessary). Perhaps a little lighter on the cheat meal this week to let the mods really take hold.
            Assistant to the regional manager.
            Iron8 approved

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Toddbz View Post
              Like you said, it's the ebb and flow. Just take it in stride, note it down for the future and press on. I'm interested to see what this week brings. All you need to see is a decline in bf to know you're on the right track. Maybe console with Dave to see how long you should let the mods in the diet go until the next change (if necessary). Perhaps a little lighter on the cheat meal this week to let the mods really take hold.
              I was thinking the same about the cheat meal. This past one wasn't so bad, but last week was some pretty good overkill (looking back). So I already started with the lower fats, so I will continue that all week. Saturday I won't go so crazy with the cheat and we'll see what happens.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by tjoe View Post
                I was thinking the same about the cheat meal. This past one wasn't so bad, but last week was some pretty good overkill (looking back). So I already started with the lower fats, so I will continue that all week. Saturday I won't go so crazy with the cheat and we'll see what happens.
                Yeah I'm just thinking with the fats being adjusted that this weeks cheat may need to stay on the lighter side (just don't eat until your really full).
                By the way. Thanks to your motivation I got 170x4 on shoulder press, 320x6 on bent over rows, and 200x6 on upright rows this week. All 3 smashed my old pr's. The bent overs were actually not that hard. 340 next time! Not to bad for a 'tall' 175 pounder.
                Thanks for the inspiration Joe
                Assistant to the regional manager.
                Iron8 approved

                Comment


                • #83
                  Toddbz - Looks like I'll be watching you for motivation!! Those are some pretty good numbers! Specially at 175!

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by tjoe View Post
                    Toddbz - Looks like I'll be watching you for motivation!! Those are some pretty good numbers! Specially at 175!
                    At 6' tall.
                    Working on the 175. I don't think the 6' is going to change any time soon lol
                    Assistant to the regional manager.
                    Iron8 approved

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      So my back workout was so-so today. I hit some ok numbers but I just don't think my head was in it. Plus towards the end of the week (farther and farther away from my last cheat meal) I do seem to lose a little something.

                      The scale does not look good lately (BF% wise) so I'm not putting too much stock in that. The mirror is telling me a different story that I DO like, so no worries as of yet.

                      My weight always spikes a bit after the cheat meal and then slowly comes down for the rest ot the week. Last week I scraped the sub 200s on Friday night with a 199.8, then up it went after the cheat on Sat.
                      Well last night (wednesday), I was at 198.8 and I still have thurs AND fri nights to weigh in! I'm not even sure the cheat meal will pull me back up to 200 this time. I guess that fat reduction did a little something this week eh...

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        So what do you do keep the fast where they're at now or keep reducing them until you plateau?
                        By the way chest and shoulders was Tuesday. Another pr. I'm on a freakin roll. 200x3 on shoulder press. Then 180x5. Now if my bench and incline would get on board. Although hit 210x5 on incline the same day. A pr for me (although not impressive).
                        For my fathers day present to myself I'm going out to buy my first xl shirt ever
                        Good work Joe. You take your weight in on Fri or this coming Monday?
                        Your training partner back yet?
                        Assistant to the regional manager.
                        Iron8 approved

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by tjoe View Post
                          So my back workout was so-so today. I hit some ok numbers but I just don't think my head was in it. Plus towards the end of the week (farther and farther away from my last cheat meal) I do seem to lose a little something.

                          The scale does not look good lately (BF% wise) so I'm not putting too much stock in that. The mirror is telling me a different story that I DO like, so no worries as of yet.

                          My weight always spikes a bit after the cheat meal and then slowly comes down for the rest ot the week. Last week I scraped the sub 200s on Friday night with a 199.8, then up it went after the cheat on Sat.
                          Well last night (wednesday), I was at 198.8 and I still have thurs AND fri nights to weigh in! I'm not even sure the cheat meal will pull me back up to 200 this time. I guess that fat reduction did a little something this week eh...
                          It's crazy how close we are staying number wise on the scale. My weight the last few weeks has been just about the same as yours. Now if I could just match those lifts!

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Toddbz - Hey, training partner is back. Nice work on all the pr's lately... feels good don't it! Can't wait till I hit my goal so I can start climbing again. One step at a time though . I check weight every night, just to see what's going on. I don't obsess over it or anything I just like numbers. I am expecting to be a little lower tonight. Fats will stay where they are right now or even go back up if I think I'm dropping too fast. I actually got real hungry yesterday and today. So I believe the lower fats are taking effect. Didn't notice in the begining of the week... but I'm hungry now!

                            Tank - Thanks bro, but you are definately leaner than myself. Big lifts are cool but only when your in the gym. When your out and about all day, school, the mall, whatever, you only have your physique with you, not the cool numbers! I still don't feel I LOOK as strong as I am. Some people look real strong and are not. Goes back to wanting whatever it is you don't currently have I guess.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Good numbers boys. Congrats on breaking 200!!!

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Hey, I just read your last post. Why don't you weigh in the morning? I sometimes weigh 10 lbs more at night. :P

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X