Get Huge Or Get Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Huge Or Get Lost

Figured it's about time to start a training log. I track my workouts on nikerunning.com cause I like the calendar view and charting tools, but in order to get input from you guys/gals, I need to get started here as well.

Current Training Goals
    Cardio
    Tues-Fri

Weights
    Mon/Tues - Thurs/Fri

To start off here are some stats about me:

Measurements:
    Height: 5'6
    Weight: 170
    Stomach: 39in
    Chest: 36in
    Arm: 14in
    Wrist: 7in

I've never lifted before, but I do have an extensive background in cross country and long distance which helps in terms of being able to do a lot of cardio.

Over the past 6 years, I've packed on quite a beer gut, drinking every night and generally not taking care of myself at all.

Finally I got sick of it and after a few months of half ass running and lifting, I've decided to go 110% on training and diet.

My goals are to lose this spare tire and also to gain muscle. Not sure if I can do it all at the same time, but hopefully people who have BTDT can lend their advice.

Thanks for the input MD crew!

And yes I'm crazy so heres some pics of my current body...not pretty but it motivates me and hopefully can give you guys/gals some more detail on me.

Thanks again...

Last edited by YukonCrazy; January 26th, 2010, 11:11 AM.

Meals:

8am: 2 Egg 1 cup Oatmeal
    10:30am: 4oz Chicken 1 cup CousCous
    2:00pm: 4oz Chicken 1 cup Brown Rice
    6pm: 1 lb meatloaf and 2 eggs
    8pm: 1 cup cottage cheese

***Meal advice is appreciated...not sure how to eat since my goals are to #1 lose weight and #2 build muscle...
    Should I eat majority of carbs b/w morning to mid afternoon and then after that, lean proteins and fats?
    Should I go low calorie in order to lose weight or will the cardio take care of that over time?***
    Last edited by ZyklonB; October 6th, 2008, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Workout - Weights

Dumbell Press: 2x15(25lbs), 1x10(35lbs), 5,5,5,5,4(45lbs), 1x5(40lbs)
      Dips: 3x as many as possible (20,11,10)
      Fly’s: 10,7,5(25 lbs)
      Standing Barbell Press: 1x15(40 lbs), 8,6,6(45lbs), 1x5(50 lbs)
      Skull Crushers: 10,10,10,10 (25lbs)

Comment

10/7/2008
        8am: 25 min cardio

Comment

After looking at more diet options, I'm going to try out the Palumbo version...

I like the simplicity and the low carb factor which everyone says will help lose weight.

Since that is my primary goal and bulk 2nd, I think this is a good option for me...

Input appreciated

Comment

Keep at it man...you'll see quick gains and that will motivate you even more to keep plugging away. Meet those goals!!!

Comment

Thx!

Comment

10/7/2008
                Workout - Weights

Deadlifts: 2x15(60lbs), 1x10(70lbs), 5x5(80lbs), 1x15(80lbs) --add 10 lbs to all
                Bent Rows: 1x15(80bs), 5x5(100lbs), 1x8 (100lbs) --add 10 lbs to all
                Barbell Shrugs: 10,9,9,8 (110 lbs)
                Standing Barbell Curls: 1x15(40lbs), 10,8,6,6(50lbs)(4x10), 1x4 (60lbs)
                Hammer Curls: 14,12,10(25lbs)

Comment

10/8/2008
                  Workout - Cardio

22 min interval run

Comment

Originally posted by udflyerfan View Post
                    Keep at it man...you'll see quick gains and that will motivate you even more to keep plugging away. Meet those goals!!!
                    X2
                    There is nothing better than going from not liking what you see in the mirror to starting to see results. It is drug like!!
                    Its impossible for a guy of my stature intelligence and moral fibre to befriend a guy like orstki who is a slimey rodent like person

Comment

10/8/2008
                      Diet for the day

8am: 3 whole eggs scrambled + .5 cup oatmeal
                      10am SHAKE: 35g Whey Protein with 1 tablespoon of All Natural PB
                      12pm: 8oz. of lean steak, large bowl of romaine with EVOO
                      2pm: SHAKE: 35g Whey Protein with 1 tablespoon of All Natural PB
                      4pm: 8oz chicken with 1 cup of green vegetables
                      6pm: 8oz. shrimp with 1/2 cup of cashews

Totals
                      Calories: 2200
                      Protein: 220
                      Carbs: 70
                      Fat: 80

Comment

Originally posted by kraken View Post
                        X2
                        There is nothing better than going from not liking what you see in the mirror to starting to see results. It is drug like!!
                        I agree it is like a drug...just the natural high is great and then seeing results is really motivating...

Comment

Diet input is greatly appreciated. I basically took the Palumbo diet and tried to cut portions in regards to my current weight which is 170 lbs.

The only deviation on the diet is the oatmeal in the morning...

Comment

Just had my 6pm meal...which was great but slipped up and had a few pieces of chocolate...oops but had such a sweet craving.

Comment

10/9/2008
                              Workout-Cardio
                              23:30 run - 10 min walk

Comment

Working...
                              X