Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6'6" Training for FREAK status!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 6'6" Training for FREAK status!!

    Hey guys, first post in MD and it might as well be in the training logs as that is all I am really interested in. I am 23, 6'6" and 265lbs. I am looking to compete as soon as I think I am ready and want to pursue bodybuilding to the highest levels. Ya, I know, I am not the "average" height lol, idc! Looking for any and all critique/insight that will help me improve in bodybuilding so I can step on stage and dominate from the beginning. I have been keeping a pic log from the beginning so here is what I used to look like, progress and basically where I am right now.

    Start

    6 months

    1 year

    1.5 years

    2 years


    Training routine as of right now:
    Mon-Squat and Sumo Dead
    Tues-Hyper chest & back
    Wed- Shoulders
    Thurs-Hyper Legs
    Friday-Power Chest & Back
    Sat-Arms

    Currently trying to do a very slow cut to go into heavy bulk at beginning of Sept. I would really like to compete in 2010, possibly that October but I wont really have a good idea until this next bulk is over. Like I said, I am not interested in just competing to say I did it. I am a previous college athlete who looks at bbing as my new sport, so basically I dont wanna compete unless I know I have given myself every possible chance to win the overall. Here's to a great log!!

  • #2
    Welcome to MD Training Journals!

    You have been a member since Feb/08 and this is your first post!

    Good way to start!

    I am your Forum Leader here, if you have any questions or concerns, let me know.

    6'6"! WOW! You could poteinally put on a TON of size and fill out that frame!

    You have went through quite the transformation already! You look much better now than when you started and isn't that the point? Most guys at the gym look the same month after month, but not us, the dedicated and educated.

    I encourage you to check out some of the training journals here, there is all kinds of good stuff!

    Good Luck!
    All Posts are for Entertainment only.

    Start a Training Journal Today!

    Comment


    • #3
      Hmm i think i saw your journal on another forum??

      Insane legs for being so tall man

      Comment


      • #4
        Looking forward to readin more posts man! 6'6! Man you could fill out alot on that frame!
        “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”- Winston Churchill

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by YukonCrazy View Post
          Welcome to MD Training Journals!

          You have been a member since Feb/08 and this is your first post!

          Good way to start!

          I am your Forum Leader here, if you have any questions or concerns, let me know.

          6'6"! WOW! You could poteinally put on a TON of size and fill out that frame!

          You have went through quite the transformation already! You look much better now than when you started and isn't that the point? Most guys at the gym look the same month after month, but not us, the dedicated and educated.

          I encourage you to check out some of the training journals here, there is all kinds of good stuff!

          Good Luck!
          Thanks bro! I have been more of a creeper here lol, decided it was time to branch out. Not real sure what a forum leader would be though? Kinda like a mod?

          Originally posted by warbird00 View Post
          Hmm i think i saw your journal on another forum??

          Insane legs for being so tall man
          Thanks bro, ya I have been keeping journal at bb.com but like I said earlier, looking to branch out. Wanna see some other perspectives.

          Originally posted by Merat View Post
          Looking forward to readin more posts man! 6'6! Man you could fill out alot on that frame!
          Thanks bro. Its cool to hear it referred to as a postive. All I ever got in the beginning was how tall guys cant ever get big. Obviously those clowns have never seen Dillet or Ferrigno!

          Comment


          • #6
            Workout Summary: Aug 20, 2009
            Aug 20, 2009

            front squat
            Set 1, 45 lb for 12 reps
            Set 2, 135 lb for 12 reps
            Set 3, 165 lb for 12 reps
            Set 4, 185 lb for 12 reps
            Set 5, 145 lb for 20 reps

            RDLs DB
            Set 1, 90 lb for 12 reps
            Set 2, 90 lb for 12 reps back tight
            Set 3, 90 lb for 12 reps
            Set 4, 90 lb for 12 reps

            machine leg extension
            Set 1, 175 lb for 12 reps
            Set 2, 210 lb for 12 reps
            Set 3, 220 lb for 12 reps

            Seated calf raise
            Set 1, 140 lb for 12 reps
            Set 1, 140 lb for 12 reps
            Set 1, 140 lb for 12 reps

            calf raise
            Set 1, 135 lb for 15 reps in smith
            Set 2, 315 lb for 12 reps in smith
            Set 3, 405 lb for 12 reps in smith
            Set 4, 455 lb for 12 reps in smith

            NOtes.....
            ------Looks funky today right lol? I am using this iFitness app in my iphone to log my workouts, saving me from writing in notebook and writing it on here lol. Actualy really cool, video demos of hundreds of different exercises, suggests different routines and will graph my workouts over time to show progress, very very impressed. Best 2 dollars I have ever spent lol.
            -------Just about 10 days into cut, progress pics incoming.

            Comment


            • #7
              Again about 10 days into cut. Today is also my 26th month of training!


              Things are looking better, last bulk was pretty successful. Most noticed improvement would ahve to be my legs, hitting those twice a week with power adn hyper days has paid off a lot!! Still holding way to much fat in midsection.

              Comment


              • #8
                Your legs look pretty gd for somone your stature, I think once your waist size goes down as you get more cut, the upper and lower will balance out, so small waist will make the legs appear much bigger if you know what I mean.
                “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”- Winston Churchill

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Merat View Post
                  Your legs look pretty gd for somone your stature, I think once your waist size goes down as you get more cut, the upper and lower will balance out, so small waist will make the legs appear much bigger if you know what I mean.
                  Ya I completely agree. I am thinning out on top, dropping water etc and on bottom but my midsection is gonna be slow. It is where I have always held fat there and now that I am leaning out elsewhere, it is really starting to affect my shape lol. Your right though, in a matter of time it will go town and my flow will get much better.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Welcome!!! Pull those undies out of your crack man!!! Kidding, you got some damn big arms for a tall guy!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BBOY87 View Post
                      Welcome!!! Pull those undies out of your crack man!!! Kidding, you got some damn big arms for a tall guy!!!
                      Ya i wasnt paying attention lol. I am trying to compete so I am gonna try to have freaky size lol.I feel like I flow well but I will always have my height working against me, long torso, short legs etc so I am gonna need to get stupid huge to be competitive lol.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        What weight class would you like to compete in? I'm assuming for such a long/tall frame you would have to put on quite a bit more muscle and then cut down to be competitive at a lower weight...you got a great build though regardless. There are many many tall guys out there that have trouble putting on size.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BBOY87 View Post
                          What weight class would you like to compete in? I'm assuming for such a long/tall frame you would have to put on quite a bit more muscle and then cut down to be competitive at a lower weight...you got a great build though regardless. There are many many tall guys out there that have trouble putting on size.
                          I will compete as a superheavy weight, over 225lbs. Right now I am floating around 260 but before I compete I would like to be around this bf% adn 315. I understand that is gonna take time but I am cool with it. Like I said, I dont wanna just compete. I wanna win the overall, I wanna give myself a chance of some day earning a pro card so I am trying to do everything right from the begging of competing career.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Power Chest and back

                            Reverse band bench (30lb band)
                            bar x 12
                            bar x 12
                            135 x 10
                            135 x 10
                            185 x 5
                            225 x 5
                            275 x 3
                            285 x 3
                            285 x 3----at this point I am pissed lol

                            Weighted Pull Ups
                            45lb x 6
                            45lb x 5
                            45lb x 5
                            45lb x 5

                            Weighted dips
                            45 x 8
                            45 x 8
                            45 x 8

                            Bent Over barbell rows
                            135 x 12
                            185 x 8
                            205 x 6
                            185 x 10

                            Notes....
                            --------Just flat out exhausted lol. I went as hard as I could but there was just nothing in the gas tank lol. Chest is stupid tight from the hyper day i guess cuz I used teh db flys for my 7x12 and that was the first time I had ever used that combo?
                            --------Gonna hit arms tomorrow then gonna have a deload week. Weights light and hit 15 reps soemthing like that. Body is telling me to take a few days to collect myself lol.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Aug 24, 2009
                              Power Leg day
                              Deload week

                              back squat
                              bar x 12
                              bar x 12
                              Set 1, 135 lb for 12 reps
                              Set 2, 185 lb for 5 reps
                              Set 3, 225 lb for 5 reps
                              Set 4, 225 lb for 5 reps
                              Set 5, 225 lb for 5 reps
                              Set 6, 225 lb for 5 reps

                              ----------superset with---------------

                              barbell hack squat
                              Set 1, 135 lb for 5 reps
                              Set 2, 135 lb for 5 reps
                              Set 3, 135 lb for 5 reps
                              Set 4, 135 lb for 5 reps
                              Set 5, 135 lb for 5 reps

                              dead lift
                              Set 1, 185 lb for 5 reps
                              Set 2, 225 lb for 5 reps
                              Set 3, 225 lb for 5 reps
                              Set 4, 225 lb for 5 reps

                              barbell standing calf raise
                              Set 1, 225 lb for 5 reps
                              Set 2, 225 lb for 5 reps
                              Set 3, 225 lb for 5 reps
                              Set 4, 225 lb for 5 reps

                              Notes...
                              -----Deload weeks are always weird for me, its hard to try lol. Did ok and I know my body will appreciate it!
                              -----BB hacks are interesting and a lil hard on my knees until I put my heels on some tens, that helped a lot. Cool lift, will prolly incorporate it more.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X