RAMBOLO : The AK-47 and Barbell Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAMBOLO : The AK-47 and Barbell Club

alrighty....after much harassment from Yukon Crazy (just kidding) these past few days, i finally decided to start one of these..

i've always kept a training journal in the form of a notebook but i've since given that away to one of my younger cousins who is trying to get into weightlifting..i figured he could use more than i could now..

So a little about me first, yeah?

where do i begin???? well, for starters, my name is Ray Ilano. I live in Las Vegas, NV and i'm currently a full time student at UNLV awaiting my final semester of college.. I plan on graduating after the spring 2010 semester is over. I'm pursuing a bachelors in Hotel Management.

I'm 5'10", about 220-225 lbs (carrying a little more body fat that i'd like to admit thanks to the holiday season and a stressful fall semester) and i'm Filipino. I've been training since July of 2007 and i've been loving every minute of it.

heres my training split
    delts & triceps
    quads & calves
    hams & biceps
    chest & calves
    back & traps

i usually work out from sun-thurs or mon-fri depending on whats going on in the week..

alright..enough yappin...lets start this thing
    Last edited by YukonCrazy; August 25th, 2010, 12:52 AM.
    There are only 2 types of people in this world without beards : women and children.

yesterday was delts.

heres what went down...

-Seated Military Press
    warm up: 95 x 18 & 135 x 15
    working sets : 165 x 10 , 185 X 4 +2 (rest pause), 135 x12

-Standing Lateral Raise
    warm up : 20 x 15
    work sets: 30 x 12 , 30x 12, 35 x 10

-Seated lateral raise (i was focusing on squeezing the lateral head on this exercise)
    20 x 15 , 20 x 15 , 25 x 12

-Cuban press w/ ez bar (my ez bar weighs 20 lbs...so thats factored into it)
    70 x 15, 90 x 12, 90x12

-Rear delt db row supersetted with rear delt pull down (vic martinez style)
    db - 45x 12 , 50 x 10 , 55x 8
    pull down - 50 x 18 , 70 x 15, 90 x 12

-seated underhand BB military press
    85 x 12, 85 x 15 (3 forced reps), 85 x 15 (same as <--)

then triceps...

-Ez Bar Skull crusher
    110 x 8 , 110x 8 , 120 x 6 , 120 x 6 +2 forced reps

-Close Grib bench
    135x 12 , 155 x 10 , 155x10

-over head extensions with rope on lower pulley
    40 x 12 for 3 sets

-Straight bar cable press down
    50 x 15 for 3 sets
    There are only 2 types of people in this world without beards : women and children.

Comment

oh and i almost forgot..

heres a little tour of my backyard gym.

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r...itarypress.flv

Comment

Welcome to the MD Training Journals section!

I am your Forum Leader here. If you have any questions or concerns, let me know.

I am glad that my nagging got you here, now you're stuck here and I wouldn't have it any other way!

I was wondering when my online training partner was going to man up and start a thread here.

I know you will be a valued member of this section! Get your feet wet and look around, there is all kinds of great stuff going on in every thread!

The race for a 500lbs dead continues.... at least I know where to find you now.

Last edited by YukonCrazy; December 29th, 2009, 09:23 AM.
        All Posts are for Entertainment only.

Start a Training Journal Today!

Comment

Originally posted by inhiliator5000 View Post
          alrighty....after much harassment from Yukon Crazy (just kidding) these past few days, i finally decided to start one of these..

My name is Ray Ilano. I live in Las Vegas, NV and i'm currently a full time student at UNLV awaiting my final semester of college.. I plan on graduating after the spring 2010 semester is over. I'm pursuing a bachelors in Hotel Management.

I'm 5'10", about 220-225 lbs (carrying a little more body fat that i'd like to admit thanks to the holiday season and a stressful fall semester) and i'm Filipino. I've been training since July of 2007 and i've been loving every minute of it.
          You are taller and heavier than I , I think I deserve a handicap in this deadlift liftoff we are having..lol....

I thought your real name was "Inhiliator", your coolness factor just dropped...

Hotel Management eh? I work in a hotel at the moment as a Security Guard, it is a pretty sweet gig.

Yeah Buddy!

Comment

haha..thanks man. i've always wanted to start one deep down and with a little help from you, i did it..

(oh yeah, how come i can post the vid directly onto this page? i swear i've done it before by using insert link, but the link just showed up in the previous post...)

alright, one more before i go to bed...

today we trained quads at home...we usually train quads at UNLV's gym (for the hack squats and leg presses), but its closed this week for the holidays... so we went old school in my back yard..

it was pretty cold today...in the low 50's ..so i had a hard time warming up

-Squat
            warmed up with 135 for 18 and 185 for 15
            then the working sets - 225 x 15, 275 x 12 and 315 x 10

(which btw is a personal best for me..the most i've done was 315 for 5..i guess its usually because i always hack squat 1st then move to BB squat when im pretty tired already...)

-front squat (i never do these..but i was feeling it today..still a little awkward though and i was having a hell of a time keeping the bar balanced in front of me)
            95 x 18 , 135 x15 for 2 sets

-walking dumbbel lunges
            with 30lb db..
            3 sets of 30 steps

and i actually puked twice today.. i havent puked in a couple of weeks...so i guess i did something right today, right?

-----oh and funny story...for those of you who have seen 4 christmases w/ vince vaughn...

so after i puked, my cousin saw me, got a wiff of it and almost vomited as well...and he said "I'm gonna do it too!!!"

alright...time for bed..hams and biceps tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by inhiliator5000 View Post
              haha..thanks man. i've always wanted to start one deep down and with a little help from you, i did it..

Peer pressue is a bitch!

(oh yeah, how come i can post the vid directly onto this page? i swear i've done it before by using insert link, but the link just showed up in the previous post...)

I use the Youtube box to upload all my vids. Paste your vid url into the space between

[YOUTUBE] url goes here [/YOUTUBE ]

Eveything before the = sign in the url gets deleted and only the letters and numbers are left, erase the = too.

alright, one more before i go to bed...

today we trained quads at home...we usually train quads at UNLV's gym (for the hack squats and leg presses), but its closed this week for the holidays... so we went old school in my back yard..

it was pretty cold today...in the low 50's ..so i had a hard time warming up

-Squat
              warmed up with 135 for 18 and 185 for 15
              then the working sets - 225 x 15, 275 x 12 and 315 x 10

(which btw is a personal best for me..the most i've done was 315 for 5..i guess its usually because i always hack squat 1st then move to BB squat when im pretty tired already...)

-front squat (i never do these..but i was feeling it today..still a little awkward though and i was having a hell of a time keeping the bar balanced in front of me)
              95 x 18 , 135 x15 for 2 sets

-walking dumbbel lunges
              with 30lb db..
              3 sets of 30 steps

and i actually puked twice today.. i havent puked in a couple of weeks...so i guess i did something right today, right?

-----oh and funny story...for those of you who have seen 4 christmases w/ vince vaughn...

so after i puked, my cousin saw me, got a wiff of it and almost vomited as well...and he said "I'm gonna do it too!!!"

alright...time for bed..hams and biceps tomorrow
              Bolded answers above.

I love seeing that people puked while training..lol....

Hack squatting before you back squat would decrease your strength for the latter. I have been rotating back, front, and hack squats recently and I have liked the variety.

My goal is to hack squat 4-5 plates a side tonight.

Comment

This is absolutely where you get buff!!! Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by YukonCrazy View Post
                  You are taller and heavier than I , I think I deserve a handicap in this deadlift liftoff we are having..lol....

I thought your real name was "Inhiliator", your coolness factor just dropped...

Hotel Management eh? I work in a hotel at the moment as a Security Guard, it is a pretty sweet gig.

Yeah Buddy!

as far as thats concerned...well...umm...youre a little older than me, so i deserve a handicap too...haha jk

and wouldnt it have been bad fucking ass if my parents named me that? haha

i decided to do hotel management cuz living in vegas, its almost a no brainer, plus i was just wasting time in college and needed to graduate!

Originally posted by BBOY87 View Post
                  This is absolutely where you get buff!!! Welcome!

thanks dude!

Comment

alrighty... trained hams and biceps with my brother ryan, my cousin Jr and my friend jeff..

so as i previously stated, i usually train legs at the gym, but its shut down for the week...so this is what i had to work with for hamstring curls..

hamstring (2).jpg

hamstring.jpg

-lying ham curls
                    15, 12, 12, 10

-ez bar romanian deadlift
                    110 lbs x 18 , 140 x 15 , 150 x 12

-dumbbell romanian deadlift
                    30 x 20, 35 x 18 for 2 sets

then onto biceps

-alternating dumbbell curl
                    warm up 30 x 15 , then 35 x 12
                    work sets : 40 x 12 , 45 x 10 , drop set 45 x 10 , 35 x 8 , 30 x 10 , 20 til failure

-scott/preacher curl w/db
                    30x 15 , 35 x 12 for 2 sets

-db hammer curl
                    35 x 12, 45 x 12, drop set 45 x10, 35 x 10 , 30 x8

-db concentration curl
                    25 x 12 , 20 x 15 , 20 x 15

heres a vid of some hammer curls : http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r...t=PC290046.flv

and then i tried something from the video that shelby starnes posted in no bull..its the one where his training partner is lying on an incline bench holding dbs at the bottom position and stretching..

i did it with 20's for about a minute...it was excrutiating..
                    Last edited by inhiliator5000; December 29th, 2009, 07:53 PM.

Comment

goddamn it...DOM in my quads and glutes...its such a pain in the ass to stand up and sit down, but i love it haha.

for anyone reading....how long do your legs usually stay sore for after training them?

Comment

hey bro any reason you do so many warm up reps on military bb? you do more warmup reps than actual work set reps. i'm pretty sure if you just did something like 95lbx10 and 135x5 for warmups and tighten up your form you can lift more
                        I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's nobody I'd rather be, than me.

Comment

Originally posted by maxamill29 View Post
                          hey bro any reason you do so many warm up reps on military bb? you do more warmup reps than actual work set reps. i'm pretty sure if you just did something like 95lbx10 and 135x5 for warmups and tighten up your form you can lift more

i never really put much thought into it actually.. i was training outside and it was rather cold...so i guess i was just trying to get some blood flowing in my delts.. and i never take those sets to failure..

i also forgot to mention that i've been having issues with my left rotator cuff since april this year so i try and get as much blood into my delts and get them as warm as possible..

95 and 135 feel pretty light for me and it was barely enough to get a pump..just trying to get loosend up for my work sets..

i felt my delts get great stimulation with the rest pause and lower reps that day

. i was also experimenting with the dorian style h.i.t. with only 1-2 work sets to complete muscle failure..

i do get what youre saying though bro.. most times i always stick in the 8-10 range for shoulder presses.
                          Last edited by inhiliator5000; December 30th, 2009, 03:09 AM.

Comment

ok...understood. are you doing any rotator cuff work?
                            I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's nobody I'd rather be, than me.

Comment

Originally posted by maxamill29 View Post
                              ok...understood. are you doing any rotator cuff work?

i used too when i first injured it.. i was scared that my shoulder would never be the same...after it happened, i changed up a lot of my habits and made sure my form was super strict.

these days though, i do rotator cuff stuff as more of a precaution before i train.

i honestly appreciate the critique dude! and thanks for stopping by in my journal!

Comment

Working...
                              X