Announcement

Collapse

Registeration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
See more
See less

Bluecountry's Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluecountry's Journal

I've decided to, as of 1/18/2010, begin posting what diet was for each day along with my workouts. I always was the "weak" muscle kid...and thought going to the gym with time and work would help...but it's failed to date as I'm still stuck at 175X5 for bench reps.

I hope in posting my diet and workout, I can get constructive advice and solutions (PEDs?) so I can reach my goals, which are to add a significant amount of muscle and strength.

Here's my bio and stats:
    1) Age: 25 2) Years lifting: 8 3) 5 11 and 175 4) BF 8.3%
    5) Medical: IBS and AS
    6) Dietary Restrictions
    -No Dairy/Red Meat/Nuts/PB
    -I have to moderate whole grains (I can't tolerate whole grain bread)
    -Must have low fats (meals can't have more than 25% calories from
    fat)

This is me (Left 2)

This is what I expected to be by now/desire to be (Right)

Thanks guys.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Austin_Bicep; May 23, 2011, 01:22 AM. Reason: blue is no longer using the specified medications and asked for me to remove them via PM
    My Journal:

Glad you got it set up. Starting tomorrow, get to work!!! Remember, just do what you'd normally do for a couple of weeks, and we'll review and suggest changes to help. You gotta be specific with your log though - general amounts of foods and vague measurements won't help us help you. Get it bud!

Comment

wwwwoooooo hoooo now its time for you to get some real help!!!!

i'm VERY glad you started a log ! i and many other members here were interested in helping you and were waiting for a log from you. now we will be able to see exactly what you are eating and how you are training, and what sups you are using. then give advise to you from here on a day to day basis, we can help you FIX thing as you go.

just one catch you need to be 100% truthfull or it won't workout for you !

i know this is one log i am going to follow..and i believe that your goal pic is verry resonable.
      CHECK OUT MY TRAINING LOG ! IN THE MEMBERS TRAINING JOURNALS

Comment

here are some motivational video's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF8F8...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8BZh...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPOU-yPGbpY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwli8...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz-xL...914&feature=iv
        Last edited by Elephantbattlezone; January 18, 2010, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Welcome to the MD Training Journal Section!

I am your Forum Leader here. If you have any questions or concerns, let me know.

I see you have a plan for your attack and you have some people here supporting you, this is great!

I encourage you to check out some of the other journals in this section as each one is unique and awesome in it's own way.

I look forward to following you on your journey.

"The point of a journey is not to arrive,
          The point of departure is not to return."
          Neil Peart

Good Luck!
          All Posts are for Entertainment only.

Start a Training Journal Today!

Comment

Welcome to the training journal forum.
            My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

Thanks. I'd like to thank everybody for taking a personal interest.
              I will post my diet later (It still is not done yet for today) but I do have today's workout below.

Legs and Shoulders 1/18/10
              Smith Squats: 135X12, 185X10, 215X7(failure), 135X10 (instant dropdwn)
              Leg Press: 270X12, 360X11, 360X9(failure), 180X20 (instant dropdown)
              Cybex Seated Military Press: 95X15, 110X10, 125X8 (failure), 95X10
              Lying Hamstring (Glute): 90X14, 105X10, 120X6 1/4(failure)
              DB Shrugs: 50X12, 60X12, 70X8
              Superseted Standing Calf Machine+Seated 45 Degree Calf Raise
              Standing Calf Machine: 110X25, 125X20, 150X10
              45 Degree Calf Raise: 110X20, 130X18, 180X10
              DB Standing Front/Side/Military Press Series: 12.5X12,12,12

Total Workout Time: 75 mins

Additional:
              1) Stretched afterwards
              2) The first 2 exercises (Squat and Leg Press) had me sweating and feeling not too bad (some pump, some life)
              3) I need a good amount of breaks (3+ minutes) to recover and catch my breathe
              4) I tried to go to failure on my last working sets and on my first two exericses (Squat and Leg Press) I had my last set be an instant dropdown.
              5) As the workout progressed....I had little if any sweat by the time I was done with the 4th exercise (glutes)
              6) All in all...the workout started promising...but by the end it was hard to focus and push...my muscles and body just seemed fatigued and even bored...didn't leave with that much of a pump like I used to or like I had after the 1st two exercises.
              My Journal:

Comment

i see you combined legs and shoulders.......... to me that is wierd .. not wrong but wierd. when i work legs i do them alone, this way they have a greater opertunity to heal, i also do them before a rest day because they are a large group of muscles and need time and rest to heal. leg day is also my cheat day..

you leg workout looks great acsept i would remove the shoulder workout
                and make a change or two..
                like this bold for changes

Legs and Shoulders 1/18/10
                Smith Squats: 135X12, 185X10, 215X7(failure), 135X10 (instant dropdwn)
                Leg Press: 270X12, 360X11, 360X9(failure), 180X20 (instant dropdown)
                smith front squats: 12reps x 4 sets
                Lying Hamstring (Glute): 90X14, 105X10, 120X6 1/4(failure)
                romanian dead lift: 12 reps x 4 sets

Superseted Standing Calf Machine+Seated 45 Degree Calf Raise
                Standing Calf Machine: 110X25, 125X20, 150X10
                45 Degree Calf Raise: 110X20, 130X18, 180X10

the day after this workout you should find it hard to get up off any chair !!! as the pain will be emence.......

and add your shoulder workout to arm day those two just feel like they go together....
                Last edited by Elephantbattlezone; January 19, 2010, 12:19 AM.

Comment

I actually do a 3 split for the moment.
                  I figured I would go through it this week and post, and maybe next week switch to a 4 day or whatever the consensus is.
                  My Journal:

Comment

if i were to do a three split it would look like a 6 day cycle

and a 3 split is fine.

day 1- chest and back
                    day 2- rest
                    day 3- shoulders, arms, and abbs
                    day 4- rest
                    day 5- legs and calfs and cheat meals
                    day 6- rest

btw you should post what you ate..... especialy pre an post workout and your sups
                    Last edited by Elephantbattlezone; January 19, 2010, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Guys...if the way I have recorded my diet and workout is confusing...let me know and I change the writing format.

Diet 1/18/2010
                      Breakfast (12 PM)
                      -2 tsp Oat Bran with 2/3 cup applesauce
                      -Scoop of Egg White powder in 8 oz water with Benefiber

Pre-lunch Nosh (I'd hardly count this as a meal...just noshing) (2:30 PM)
                      -2 servings of rold gold pretzel waffers

Lunch (4 PM)
                      -Large Turkey Sandwich on white bread w/lettuce/tomatoe/onion/hot peppers/spicy mustard

Again Nosh before gym (5:30)
                      -2 servings of pita chips with hummus

Gym (6)
                      -24 oz water

Post Workout (8:15 or 50 minutes after workout)
                      -Scoop of Egg White powder in 8 oz water

Dinner (9:40)
                      -2 Chicken Breasts marinated in vinger
                      -1.5 servings of white rice
                      -2/3 cup Frozen Spinach

Last Meal (12:30)
                      -Sorbet Shake (2 scoops chocolate fat free sorbet+1 scoop Egg Powder)
                      -Bowl of cornmeal cereal

Water consumed (guesstimate): 45-50 oz

Notes:
                      1) Normally I would NOT have had the sorbet shake, but given what I read here I couldn't ignore this suggestion
                      2) It is not uncommon for me to eat later
                      My Journal:

Comment

Had another meal before bed

(2 AM)
                        -2 servings Pita Chips with hummus

This AM....don't feel great. Very little pump...it actually feels like in spite of 75 min in the gym...that I didn't do anything other than a soft toning workout...hardly feels like I worked out. Quite discouraging
                        My Journal:

Comment

Blue I think you should nix the "instant dropdown" supersets you're doing for a while. I really don't think they're what you need for what you're trying to accomplish at this point. Plus, if you've been doing them consistently your body will adapt to them and they'll be much less effective. Also, I agree with elephant in that legs and another body part is just too much in one day. If you're training legs properly you won't have the gas to perform more sets for another body part. If you're going to do anything with them at all I'd suggest abs. I like his split above and I'd switch to that if I were on a 3 day. The only change I'd make is moving calves to shoulders and arms day, because frankly when I get done with quads and hams I don't want to feel any more pain in my legs at all!
                          So, mine would look like this, but his way is perfectly fine too if you prefer it -

Chest/back
                          Rest
                          Shoulders/Arms/Calves
                          Rest
                          Quads/Hams/Abs
                          Rest

We'll have to do something SERIOUS about that diet...2 servings of pretzels ain't exactly on the menu....if you've eaten all your other food and you still want pretzels, then by all means have them, but pretzels alone as a meal or a snack is not what you're going to need! We'll get to that later after you give us more info for the next few days...

Comment

Also...smith machines are for girls and the elderly.
                            Get in a rack with some waist-high stops on it in case you get stuck and hit the free squats. The stabilizer muscles your body will recruit to keep you steady are very important.

Comment

Originally posted by rjackd1 View Post
                              Also...smith machines are for girls and the elderly.
                              Get in a rack with some waist-high stops on it in case you get stuck and hit the free squats. The stabilizer muscles your body will recruit to keep you steady are very important.
                              lol they have there place when your to shy to ask for a spot like me, i work up to (spot wieght) and do the last set on the machine so no need for spot and most of the work is done free,

blue the first thing you need to do is 2x the size of your shakes!! for now use 2 scoops egg, but i would recomend 1 scoop egg and 1 scoop whey this way you get a wide amino acid profile, and put it in 16 oz water and blend in a bannana ! that would up it to around 400 GOOD cals and around 40 grm of protien !

he is right about the pretzles you could have added a little more to that snack and made another small meal ! like a can of tuna in light mayo !! that would have added another 30 grms of protien and around 300 cals

i see you have corn meal ?? can you eat corn bread ?? if so eat 1 or 2 servings a day even a small serving is loaded with carbs and cals.! it helped me grow to where i am now, hell even ronnie coleman loves cornbread !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X