• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle's training journal.

Height: 5'11 3/4
    Weight: Morning 260
    Years Training: 6
    Current Split: I've been trying to keep it 3 on 1 off hitting each part once in 8 days. Of course it does not always work out that way. (example)
    pecs
    quads
    arms
    off
    back
    hams
    delts
    off

Tonight i did Delts.
    Machine lateral raises (1arm at time):
    80x8
    100x8
    120x8
    150x8(stack...its a lite 150)

Dumbbell lateral raises:
    20x8
    30x8
    45x6 (rest pause 10 secs) 45x3 (rp) 45x2

Close grips upright rows:
    95 poundsx8
    115x8 (rest pause 10secs) 115x2 (rp) 115x2

Wide grip upright rows:
    95x8
    135x6 (rest pause 10secs) 135x2 (rp) 135 x1

Hammer military press(first time using this machine so i had to do a few warm up sets to figure out where i wanted the seat at and how i wanted to grip it):
    1 plate x6 warm up
    1 plate x6 warm up adjusted seat
    2 plates a side x10
    2 plates plus a 10 x 8 (rest pause) x2 (rp) failed (stripped the 10's and a plate a side) repped out didn't keep count

Great shoulder workout for me but it went a bit fast 30-40 mins. I am going to try and take an extra minute rest between sets if i can and go heavier in the future.

Gym was closed unexpectedly on Easter, so to make up for early off date I'm going to lift the next 3 days to get back on schedule but will do arms tomorrow and pecs Thurs to give some distance between shoulders and pecs.

Comment

Welcome to the MD Training Journals Section!

I am your Forum Leader in here. If you have any questions or concerns, let me know.

I am glad to see you have decide to start your own thread. This journal can become a useful resource if you keep it current, as you can always reference it. I look forward in following along, good luck.

I encourage you to check out some of the other threads in this section, each is pretty wicked in it's own way.

Yeah Buddy!
      All Posts are for Entertainment only.

Start a Training Journal Today!

Comment

4/6
        Decided to hit pecs after all.

Flat bench Db press:
        45x8
        80x8
        100x8
        100x8

Incline Db flye:
        35x8
        65x8 (bit too much to get the right contraction and range of motion)
        50x8
        50x8

Hammer Incline:
        1plate a side x8
        1plate plus a 25x 8
        1plate plus 2 25's x8
        1plate plus 3 25's x8 (rest pause for 10 secs) x3 (rp) x1

Cable crossovers
        3 sets. the weight didn't matter, didn't count the reps

Another solid workout, this is pretty typical chest routine. Should of went heavier but i was worried about having done shoulders monday. Finished off with a few sets of calve press on a couple machines.

Comment

It will be interesting to follow your training. It would be interesting to see your diet as well.
          Do you have any goal with your training, like competing?

Comment

4/7
            Had to combine Quads and Hams today because some asshole friend needs help moving over the weekend. Also instead of having a marathon workout i thought it would be best to keep it short.

Leg Press(Kept my feet close and towards the bottom of the pad to try and focus on the tear drop):
            1plate a side X20
            2 plates x20
            3 plates x20
            4 plates x20
            5 plates x20
            6 plates x20
            7 plates x20

Sitting Hamstring Curl(first time using this machine, instead of weights it has an hydraulic compression tank for resistance. It was great.)
            60 x20
            80 x20
            100 x20
            120 x10 (drop set) 100 x5 (drop set) 80x5

Leg Extension
            75x10
            105x10
            105x10
            105x10

I know it seems short but my pump was awesome. Didn't want to push it that hard because i didn't want to be dead this weekend when moving furniture and shit. I Love the new/old hamstring machine. It was amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jojja View Post
              It will be interesting to follow your training. It would be interesting to see your diet as well.
              Do you have any goal with your training, like competing?
              My eating looks something like this(or at least i try and keep it similar)
              6 whole eggs, heap of hash browns (like 50 grams of carbs)
              8oz Lean beef, cup of rice or large potato/sweet potato or sweet potato fries
              shake 50 g protein ( been using myofusion)
              8oz Lean beef, cup of rice or large potato/sweet potato or sweet potato fries
              6 whole eggs
              shake 50 g protein

The order can change depending on when i workout. And I don't really shy away from replacing a meal or having an extra meal with something like teriyaki and rice or a couple of slices of pizza.

Goals: I'm going to school to be a teacher, so I want to be a good example and have a healthy build. A lot of teachers when I went to high school were obese and i was dumbfounded that they are suppose to be somebody we look up to. I think it would be a great example for young adults to see what good eating and exercise can do. So if i can stay in good shape and continue to add muscle. Hell Yeah.

Competing: Never say never. My friends compete and one just took a novice overall. He looked awesome and i think he could have taken the open overall if he had tried. So I have been getting that competitive bug.

Comment

I really like your motivation to be a role model for the students and not a fat a**. Keep up the good work bro!

Ever thought of posting some pictures? Could be good to follow your progress.

Comment

4/8
                  Arms

I superset bis and tris

a1)Db Curls
                  15x8
                  25x8
                  35x8
                  45x8
                  60x3 (was feeling good so i thought maybe i would go a lil heavier, didn't work)
                  drop set
                  45x6

a2) skull crusher with a straight bar i stick the bar straight out instead of up like evan centaponi.
                  45x8
                  70x8
                  95x8
                  115x8
                  115x8

b1) hammer preacher curl ( real slow negative all the way down, explosive up
                  45 pound plate x8
                  45 +25 x8
                  45 +25+25x8
                  45 +25+25+25 x8 drop set a 25x3 drop set a 25x3

b2) straight bar cable pushdown reverse grip
                  60x8
                  90x8
                  120x8
                  150x6 changed grips x5

c1) close grip barbell press
                  135x8
                  185x8
                  225x5

c2) barbell reverse curls
                  bar x burnout didn't keep reps
                  bar x burnout
                  bar x burnout

Huge pump in my arms... the close grip was a PR.

As far as pictures... If i decide to do a contest prep i would post some befores... but as of right now... it dosn't really matter to me... i may hit up a video one day though with a flip camara i have.

Comment

4/10
                    Back

Pullover Machine(not a nautilus but it does the trick):
                    95x8
                    185x8
                    215x5(not a heavy weight usually but it was today)
                    185x7

Reverse grip pulldowns(strong mind-muscle today and a real deep burn):
                    110x8
                    180x8
                    220x6
                    200x7

Smith-Machine barbell rows: ( i do them similar like dorian controlled and slow on the negative and strong up into my stomach but switch back and forth between barbell and smith machine)
                    135x8 (weights are listed like the bar was 45lbs)
                    185x8
                    185x8
                    185x8(i can use more weight but this weight was really feeling good so i kept for all 3 sets)

Machine row(usually use cable but it was being used):
                    95x8
                    120x8
                    150x8
                    150x8

dumbbell shrugs
                    45x8
                    70x8
                    70x8
                    70x8

After i was done with the pull downs i started stretching real hard trying to feel my lats as if they are about to tear off.

Pump was huge! Been trying to use less weight and really concentrate on the muscle. Def was working.

Comment

your skull crusher weight is pretty high man. I feel like i could keep up with some of your weights but deffinately not your tri's. Ive also been trying to really work on mind/muscle connection and its amazing the difference it can make.

Comment

Originally posted by Hambone INC View Post
                        your skull crusher weight is pretty high man. I feel like i could keep up with some of your weights but deffinately not your tri's. Ive also been trying to really work on mind/muscle connection and its amazing the difference it can make.
                        Is it? i don't know? i thought it was pretty standard. I see a lot of dudes at the gym using the ez curl with 45's and thats 115 right? My goal is 135. would be real cool to be able to skull crush what i could only bench not even 6 times my first day in the gym.

Comment

for sure talk about improvement! My triceps and rotator cuffs have always been a weak point to I have been deliberately concentrating on those. It amazes me when guys have even use plates that makes my elbows hurt just thinking about it.

Comment

Took two days off because i was just dog tired from lifting and helping a friend move over the weekend.

Delts.

Machine laterals one arm
                            100x8
                            100x8
                            150(stack)x8
                            150x8
                            150x8on right... 6 on left

Dumbbell laterals sitting on a bench
                            15x8
                            20x8
                            25x8
                            35x5(sorta twinged my wrist)
                            20x6 (wrist still hurts... second time i've done this sitting on bench so i think im done doing lateral raises that way)

Cable lateral raises
                            3setsx8 (don't remember weight but it was on the lower end)

Upright row(s)
                            bar close grip x8 superset with wide grip x8
                            95x8 cg ss w/ wg x6
                            95x8 cg ss w/ wg x4
                            95x8 cg ss w/ wg x4 (after completing this i thought i should of alternative which style i did first)

Hammer machine press
                            45 a side x10
                            2 45's a side x8
                            2 45's plus a 25 x4 w/ 2-3 partials (stripped the 25's) x 3 w/ 2-3 partials (strip 45's) x4 w/ partials didn't count it was until i couldn't even budge the hammer machine.

Rear cable flyes
                            20x10
                            40x 10
                            60x10
                            80x 5 (these were done with very little rest and i was smoked)

My shoulders are burning. It feels amazing. I didn't eat much today got 4 meals in... thought i would be burned out but i wasn't. Workout took a lil' under an hour.

Comment

finally dragged my ass out of bed for some early morning cardio today. Only did a 20 minute walk to the corner store and back but its an start.

Comment

Working...
                              X