Announcement

Collapse

Registeration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
See more
See less

My Journey to Awesomeness -- The Next Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey woods

Check my log
    Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

• You're looking lean bud!

Thursday April 11, 2013
      241#

45 brutal minutes with my trainer

BLDL
      315 x 6 (dropset, 15 seconds rest between each)
      315 x 4
      315 x 2 x 4 complete drop sets

T-bar Rows
      50 x 10
      70 x 10
      80 x 10 x 2

supersetted with
      Pullups
      BW x 5, rest pause x 4 sets

Had my last Muai Thai kickboxing class last night. Next class begins in two weeks!

Comment

• MONDAY APRIL 15, 2013 WITH MY TRAINER

OH Press
        warmup then
        132# x 10 x 3 sets
        152 x 10 x 3 sets
        172 x 5 x 3 sets

then 152# supersetted with
        Pushups
        BW x 25 x 3 sets

then 172# supersetted with
        "The Log" (90# bar made out of a 12" steel pipe)
        Bar x 11
        Bar x 15

50 minute workout

Comment

• Tuesday April 16, 2013

Bb Bench Press
          135 x 20 x 3 sets
          205 x 20 x 5 sets

Thursday April 18, 2013, with my coach/trainer

Clean and Press (the 65lb "Log")
          129# x 10 x 3
          129# x 11
          129# x 12

supersetted with
          BLDL
          235 x 10 x 5 sets these were brutal!

238#
          45 minute workout

Comment

• When does our game end?

Post your starting out pictures already Dude.
            Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

• Hope all is good Woods.
              Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

• Sorry for not responding sooner bud. I hope you are well, too.

I found a new online home last April.

Also, I chickened out on posting pics. Your pics showed some real definition and there was no way I would even compare. I cut from April through the end of August, and lost about 35 lbs weight, but ended up not losing as much fat as I wanted. Had a hernia operation in July and couldn't work out for a month.

Now I am bulking again. Things are good. Life is busy. Take care.

Comment

• Are you done posting here?

Good work on dieting Woods.
                  Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

• Dont let up

KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT!!
                    Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
                    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

Comment

• Hey man, likely won't see this for a while but hows things been?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Joker View Post
                        Are you done posting here?

Good work on dieting Woods.
                        Thanks. I will probably post once in a while. I have a journal I am keeping on TID. I hope you are well bro.

Originally posted by Walking Beast View Post
                        Dont let up

KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT!!
                        Thanks you crazy mofo. I am killing it, just keeping my journal somewhere else now.

Originally posted by GermaniaK View Post
                        Hey man, likely won't see this for a while but hows things been?
                        Really good. Busy as heck. I got my blackbelt a year ago, now I just got licensed in my school as a sensei. I taught my first official class as a sensei last night! How are you doing bud? I am making serious progress on BBing. Gained over 15 lbs lean mass the past couple of years. But I am still too fat. Starting January I am planning to cut to 10% no matter how long or what it takes. LOL.

Comment

• since i have began following you i have noticed that you have through each cycle stated that you made good gains but consider yourself to have too high of a bf %.
                          also you have gained and lost a fair amount of weight several times but still state that your bf% is too high regardless of your weight?
                          (not being an ass)
                          so i am curious what all have you tried to do to get to the bf% you want to be?
                          the reason i ask is that you make significant weight changes but not bf, in my personal experience and my experience with those that i have trained (with or without gear), the changes in weight are not much but the changes in bf are significant. this has not been the case with you so i am curious how you have approached your diet each time?
                          and how long have you stuck with a diet each time etc....
                          changing your diet over and over again generally has a significant impact on you weight but not on bf, weight is easy to change but bf is not. that is a difficult idea to get through to my clients but over time they come around and realize as i have that you can; 1: discover how you react to carbs, fats, and cardio 2: use that knowledge to structure a diet that remains the same year round that allows you to achieve the bf% you want; but not having to change your diet, cycle, or training but at the same time continue to gain muscle.
                          for example:
                          a 6'0 210 male can determine his body reactions, then adjust and never have to change but over each year he can gain about 5-12 lbs of muscle while reducing bf to his liking. so the fluctuation in weight is not good. you should slowly gain weight each year while reducing bf%.

pm me if you want to try my system, and i am not trying to sell my services. i have trained dozens of people but not once have i accepted any type of payment what so ever. service to humanity is my life, from my regular job, clients and military service, i enjoy it and i like the challenge
                          The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten

Comment

• Originally posted by treed View Post
                            since i have began following you i have noticed that you have through each cycle stated that you made good gains but consider yourself to have too high of a bf %.
                            also you have gained and lost a fair amount of weight several times but still state that your bf% is too high regardless of your weight?
                            (not being an ass)
                            so i am curious what all have you tried to do to get to the bf% you want to be?
                            the reason i ask is that you make significant weight changes but not bf, in my personal experience and my experience with those that i have trained (with or without gear), the changes in weight are not much but the changes in bf are significant. this has not been the case with you so i am curious how you have approached your diet each time?
                            and how long have you stuck with a diet each time etc....
                            changing your diet over and over again generally has a significant impact on you weight but not on bf, weight is easy to change but bf is not. that is a difficult idea to get through to my clients but over time they come around and realize as i have that you can; 1: discover how you react to carbs, fats, and cardio 2: use that knowledge to structure a diet that remains the same year round that allows you to achieve the bf% you want; but not having to change your diet, cycle, or training but at the same time continue to gain muscle.
                            for example:
                            a 6'0 210 male can determine his body reactions, then adjust and never have to change but over each year he can gain about 5-12 lbs of muscle while reducing bf to his liking. so the fluctuation in weight is not good. you should slowly gain weight each year while reducing bf%.

pm me if you want to try my system, and i am not trying to sell my services. i have trained dozens of people but not once have i accepted any type of payment what so ever. service to humanity is my life, from my regular job, clients and military service, i enjoy it and i like the challenge

Bro I'd like to know more about this if you are still up for sharing the knowledge.

FYI I have been cutting (on a ketogenic diet) since January 1 and have lost about 35lbs, maybe 40lbs of weight, and am hoping to lose another 20 to get to my goal leanness. Then I'm going to bulk clean in the future, to gain as little fat as possible while gaining muscle.

Comment

• A quick update. I have been training 4 to 6 days per week since about 2012 when I hired my coach. He has gotten me involved in power lifting and more recently strongman. I am leaner than I have been since I was a teenager, and strong as heck. I won a national strongman championship in 2016 in the master's class and am now competing in the open class. I am hoping to diet down to compete for the next few years at 198# while gaining muscle and losing even more fat (right now I am about 12%). My strength continues to improve significantly, though the increase in weights I can lift is smaller each year, as I come closer to the top of the middle tier lifters. In another year or two, I hope I can compete in a world's competition.

Comment

• Wow, not many people are even close to competing at a world level comp dude, impressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X