Who is the Strongest man in history?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mini Forklift Ⓥ View Post
    Interesting thread, just reading back over the previous pages now.

I'm kind of tied between Kaz and Marius, both dominated the competition when they were competing. But if I had to pick, probably Kaz.
    I'm with you on that Jim. For all round athletic ability and supreme athlete, Mariusz for sure but for brutal pure strength big Kaz. Don't forget Kaz was the first man to bench more than 300kg (660lbs). And that was back in the eighties too.

Comment

• Why wasnt Ed Coan included?

Comment

• Originally posted by Portillo. View Post
        Why wasnt Ed Coan included?
        There's many names that could be thrown into the mix, Konstantinovs is another guy that comes to mind.

OP is probably thinking more along the lines of Strongman rather than PL'ing I'm guessing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mini Forklift Ⓥ View Post
          There's many names that could be thrown into the mix, Konstantinovs is another guy that comes to mind.

OP is probably thinking more along the lines of Strongman rather than PL'ing I'm guessing.
          Yep. ^This.

Comment

• What about jon pall sigmarsson

Comment

• My faves are mariusz, kaz, Anthony Clark, and Ed Coan( he bought a shirt from me at the Olympia. I was star struck!) But, I'm going to go with big Z.
              The single greatest feat of strength has got to be Benni's dead lift,IMO .
              @Agrsv_Athletics

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans View Post
                What about jon pall sigmarsson
                He wasn't included in the vote, but he has been mentioned quite a bit in the thread.

Comment

• IMO...

Benni is an amazing deadlifter and a moderately good strongman.

Kaz is the greatest strength athlete of the 20th century.

Zydrunas is IMO, the strongest functional man to ever walk the earth.

JPS had the potential to be as great as Misha

Misha is the strongest in a 3 discipline contest.

Marius was in the right place at the right time with the right events. don't think he would make the finals at this years WSM.

Thor Bjorsson will be the greatest strongman over the next 10 years.

Brian Shaw had an off year. Not sure what his loss of focus is/was, but he IMO, the greatest American strongman of all time.

Gary Taylor and Geoff Capes were two of the best all around strength athletes from the UK, ever.

I left any powerlifters out of this because its like comparing apples to oranges, with the exception of those who have been competitive in both arenas, like Benni

Comment

• Louis Cyr. French Canadian like me, makes sense...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bryan Hildebrand View Post

Marius was in the right place at the right time with the right events. don't think he would make the finals at this years WSM.
                      Agreed.
                      www.ironmaglabs.com DISCOUNT CODE: ebfitness15

Comment

• Out of these Mariusz. Jon Pall Sigmarsson is the greatest strongman of all time. But Benedikt Magnusson is the strongest man of all time since he has the highest deadlift of all time
                        TEAM QUADRO!!!
                        TEAM WOLF!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bryan Hildebrand View Post
                          IMO...

Benni is an amazing deadlifter and a moderately good strongman.

Kaz is the greatest strength athlete of the 20th century.

JPS had the potential to be as great as Misha

Misha is the strongest in a 3 discipline contest.

Thor Bjorsson will be the greatest strongman over the next 10 years.

Brian Shaw had an off year. Not sure what his loss of focus is/was, but he IMO, the greatest American strongman of all time.

Gary Taylor and Geoff Capes were two of the best all around strength athletes from the UK, ever.

I left any powerlifters out of this because its like comparing apples to oranges, with the exception of those who have been competitive in both arenas, like Benni
                          Bryan... Kaz has nothing on Jon Pall Sigmarsson
                          TEAM QUADRO!!!
                          TEAM WOLF!!!

Comment

• Samson, srs

Comment

• jon pall sigmarsson was a gent and a class act
                              Samson
                              Zydrunas
                              what about Andrey Maanichev ?

Comment

• Kaz won two IPF powerlifting titles back when the IPF was pretty much the only fed that the strongest powerlifters competed in. He also only competed in 2 IPF worlds, he would have won several more had he continued with powerlifting. From 1980-82 he dominated WSM by such a wide margin that the owner of WSM (David Webster) did not invite him to participate again until 1988. He wanted a more competitive WSM figuring it would attract more viewers if the competition was closer. Webster was a Scot and was rumored to have wanted to see British Geoff Capes win the WSM, something Capes never would have done had he continued to compete against Kaz. The WSM was invite only at the time. Kaz was also the first man to bench press 660 in competition and was rumored to do triples with that weight in the gym before tearing his pec. Had he focused on powerlifting he would have easily attained a 900 plus raw deadlift and squat. Dorian Yates has also been quoted as saying Kaz was by far the strongest person he has ever seen when DY observed him at Temple gym back in the day. When it came to explosive strength events Kaz dominated everyone, the only events he could be beaten in were the endurance events. A man with the amount of fast twitch muscle fiber that Kaz had would be very hard to beat in any lift, especially if he had taken the time to perfect his form.

Comment

Working...
                                X