Training BELT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training BELT?

Although I don't do powerlifting I need a stronger belt and I thought the guys in this section would know which way to point me?

I currently have a schiek lifting belt but a canvas one more of a posture belt than for heavy lifts. Recently with heavier squats and deadlifts I have felt I defiantly need to buy a proper leather one.

So my questions are;

-Make? Schiek again or no?

-Single prong?
    -Double prong?
    -Or Lever?

-Can I get it in the UK because tax if ordering from USA is a bitch!?
    -10mm or 13mm?

Cheers.
    YEAH BUDDY !

Inzer, Toro, or Elitefts P2 belts are probably the best. 10MM is more than sufficient and single prong. Double prongs are a huge pain in the ass and lever belts can come loose if you don't wear it really tight. I've also picked up a Spud Inc 3 ply deadlift belt and I really like it. Plenty solid.

http://www.southcarolinabarbell.com/...-Belt-SPUD19b/

Problem is finding something locally but that should give you an idea and what to look for.
    413/330/512 [email protected] APF raw

Comment

DM is 100% on with this post....

i was Gonna say all that but he already did... Great post. Do yourself a favor and work the belt when not using it... Your hips and abs will love you for it.
      http://www.blacklionresearch.com/

WORLD PHARM =

Comment

I just bought one of these: http://www.inzernet.com/detail_belt....B_TAPER_BUCKLE

I've always worn Inzer belts (for 14+ years) and they are GREAT.

Originally posted by MuscleMad12 View Post
        Although I don't do powerlifting I need a stronger belt and I thought the guys in this section would know which way to point me?

I currently have a schiek lifting belt but a canvas one more of a posture belt than for heavy lifts. Recently with heavier squats and deadlifts I have felt I defiantly need to buy a proper leather one.

So my questions are;

-Make? Schiek again or no?

-Single prong?
        -Double prong?
        -Or Lever?

-Can I get it in the UK because tax if ordering from USA is a bitch!?
        -10mm or 13mm?

Cheers.
        Words convince the Mind; emotions sway the Heartóbut only The Spirit transforms the Soul.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice and links. Much appreciated, time to spend some money!
          YEAH BUDDY !

Comment

Originally posted by MuscleMad12 View Post
            Thanks for all the advice and links. Much appreciated, time to spend some money!
            Let us know what you get.
            Words convince the Mind; emotions sway the Heartóbut only The Spirit transforms the Soul.

Comment

More info here

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ng-belt-brands

Let us know what you end up buying MF.

Comment

ive always used VALEO belts.there cheap and work fine for me but I am on my third belt...they mold to my body quick but will get a small tear eventually were it the belt bends and break.Ive tried powerlifting belts but didnt like that they were bulky and big though i never gave it a real chance since i get along fine with cheap belts
                save 10% @ thesupplementsyndicate.com with code DK10

Comment

Originally posted by ultimatemale View Post
                  ive always used VALEO belts.there cheap and work fine for me but I am on my third belt...they mold to my body quick but will get a small tear eventually were it the belt bends and break.Ive tried powerlifting belts but didnt like that they were bulky and big though i never gave it a real chance since i get along fine with cheap belts
                  Check these out: http://www.inzernet.com/detail_belt....B_TAPER_BUCKLE

Comment

I don't understand wearing a tapered belt. You want the widest part in the front not the back. The biggest reason for wearing the belt is to assist in creating intra-abdominal pressure to prevent rounding of the back under load.
                    413/330/512 [email protected] APF raw

Comment

Originally posted by Diabetic Muscle View Post
                      I don't understand wearing a tapered belt. You want the widest part in the front not the back. The biggest reason for wearing the belt is to assist in creating intra-abdominal pressure to prevent rounding of the back under load.
                      Exactly, so if you still want to wear I'd wear it back to front haha. Better off buying a proper PL'ing belt that's specifically built for the purpose.

That's mine, and FWIW I also find the double pronged belts offer more stability.

Comment

Originally posted by Diabetic Muscle View Post
                        For some, at least when deadlifting, a tapered belt makes sense so it doesn't dig into your ribs
                        VP of Marketing for Nutrabio
                        instagram @naturalguy2.0

Comment

Working...
                        X