decent bench numbers for 220 class??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decent bench numbers for 220 class??

ok so I hit a 415lb paused bench tonight...and weighed 210...so I cant compete in the 198 class but I was thinking if I could get around a 450bench by the time im 220lbs bodyweight that id be pretty decent right? what would be some good places to see records or numbers for different PL feds? thanks

I assume you mean raw.
    What you have now is a pretty good number.
    I've done several meets in the 220 and 242 class and my best meet bench was 385 (425 in the gym). That was raw and tested.
    IMO PLing is all about competing against yourself, so whatever you are happy with...

Comment

Originally posted by Greg24v View Post
      ok so I hit a 415lb paused bench tonight...and weighed 210...so I cant compete in the 198 class but I was thinking if I could get around a 450bench by the time im 220lbs bodyweight that id be pretty decent right? what would be some good places to see records or numbers for different PL feds? thanks
      That is...

An amazing raw natural bench for a teen at 210lbs
      A great raw natural bench for a man at 210lbs
      A good raw steroid bench for a guy over 40 at 210lbs
      A decent raw steroid bench for a man at 210lbs
      A below average equipped steroid bench for a man at 210lbs
      Diversity is a code word for White Genocide

Comment

Just go compete. Don't worry about the other guys. Get your PRs.

Comment

Originally posted by tjoe View Post
          I assume you mean raw.
          What you have now is a pretty good number.
          I've done several meets in the 220 and 242 class and my best meet bench was 385 (425 in the gym). That was raw and tested.
          IMO PLing is all about competing against yourself, so whatever you are happy with...
          yessir this was a raw bench for me. i competed at 198 4 wks ago and did 370...but started 500mg of cypionate since then...so im deff not tryn to go back down lol

Comment

why are you seeking approval to what you already know is very good?

Comment

Originally posted by ritch View Post
              why are you seeking approval to what you already know is very good?
              well that's why im asking here in this forum, bc where im from not many people are into lifting very seriously. and I have a good friend that benched 635lbs at the meet we both did a month ago....sad part is hes only 26yrs old and just works out at a shitty ymca here in town.

Comment

As a junior at 220lb I never lost a meet pushing around 425-435lb.. In the open 415 will be good at a small meet, if it's a bigger meet it's a competitive class and you'll see some guys floating around 475lb... The world record is around 540 I believe...

I'm heading to the Global Bench Wars in Detroit by the WPC in a couple weeks looking to hit 450lb+

Comment

well that's why im asking here in this forum, bc where im from not many people are into lifting very seriously. and I have a good friend that benched 635lbs at the meet we both did a month ago....sad part is hes only 26yrs old and just works out at a shitty ymca here in town.
                  that's an amazing lift. But why does a shitty gym have to equate in bad lifts? It's so technical in that world, your coach and prep methods have the say, no?

Comment

Originally posted by ritch View Post
                    that's an amazing lift. But why does a shitty gym have to equate in bad lifts? It's so technical in that world, your coach and prep methods have the say, no?
                    ok I guess I worded it wrong then. what im sayin is he don't take none of his lifts that serious and don't really train often yet can still bench 635 and rep out 700 on deadlifts with ease. no coach or nothing like that, jus walk in the gym and throw some weight around type of guy, make sense now?

Comment

is this 635 raw?
                      there are not many 6+ raw benchers that just go to the gym and toss around weight. at that level they would most likely be very competitive PLer.

Anyway, with the cyp addition I would expect to see you jump up to mid 4s fairly quickly.

Comment

What organization did someone bench 600+ raw at 220 lol because I can't find that world record anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by tjoe View Post
                          is this 635 raw?
                          there are not many 6+ raw benchers that just go to the gym and toss around weight. at that level they would most likely be very competitive PLer.

Anyway, with the cyp addition I would expect to see you jump up to mid 4s fairly quickly.
                          yessir its raw, it was at our bbq festival here in our town we have every year. his name is Julius Maddox he opened with a 545, 2nd lift was 605, 3rd lift was 635 then sat up, told them put 650 on there and he just barely missed it at the top. idk his weight exactly but my buddy told me he weighs around the 350 mark. he came into the gym I lift at with a guest pass the other night and did a 585 for 4 reps. hes got some lifts on youtube just type his name in for anyone who doesn't believe me.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanWFitness View Post
                            What organization did someone bench 600+ raw at 220 lol because I can't find that world record anywhere
                            oh no hes deff not 220 lol more like 350

Comment

Working...
                            X