Your opinion best way to gain strength

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinion best way to gain strength

Curious to see what people have to say . Last winter was my first powerlifting season an im about to start again an always looking for something new to try

Different things work for different people...

sense I don't see a direction of your question...

Best things for strength are (not that they need to be said)...

1. Training
    2. Food and recovery
    3. Hard work
    4. Steroids

in that order...

if you can point a direction in your question a better answer can be givin.
    http://www.blacklionresearch.com/

WORLD PHARM =

Comment

Best routines for strength

looking to increase the big 3 and curious to see what people's routines are . I cut all Summer and now back to powerlifting , barbellbench was been going up slowly but Dumbbells have been going up the quickest , deadlift has stopped for sometime and squat has shown some improvements every other week

Comment

Learn from your mistakes

Once you have the perfect routine you should know you are very wrong

High reps are your friend but a friend you should use sparingly

Drugs are the last resort, if you are a nothing and decide to use drugs you will always be a nothing
        Diversity is a code word for White Genocide

Comment

ok... are you lookin for drug or workout advice? because in bbing and pln workouts for the most part are different, the drugs are different also.
          http://www.blacklionresearch.com/

WORLD PHARM =

Comment

more of workout advice I've been doing 5x5 or 7 sets of 3 , adding in some paused sets , box squats . I got my personal training license a few years ago when I worked at my ymca so I understand the body an form but like I said above just curious to see what people are doing as a routine in the gym

Comment

Eat...Sleep..And train 3-4 x week,Focus on Bench or Inc,Squat,Dead,Cleans and overhead press...Do 5x5 or some smiliar rep/set scheme and keep only basic movements in routine but do one or two assistance lifts bfor each one.Low reps limited sets.By assistance I mean on dead day you may do 5x5 deads,5x2 deficiet deads,and 3x5 rows thats it....
              Do abs once or twice a week.Dont add extra work for arms delts bect theyll getbhit from the heavy compound moves but your focusing on strength anyway.Train like this for a bit and when you go back to hypertrophy geared training youll be bulked up and can refine your mass and get even bigger....Thats my opinion...Works for me....
              save 10% @ thesupplementsyndicate.com with code DK10

Comment

Hmm alright ill give this a shot an see what happens for a little bit thank you

Comment

I love using 531 for a base program. Then cater from there. I've found specific exercises that help, such as heavy skull crusher and dip really improved my bench. Also working on that speed and power.
                  "I think Arnold had the sexiest body of all time... Arnold had that charming boy look and a body of a stallion"-google&pubmed

Comment

I was going to comment saying I used a 5,3,1 program before and I'm going to try it again . I'm at a plateau atm so I'm going to try two weeks of 12 reps then drop back down

Comment

You should set up a journal in the journals section. It's easier to help when we can see whats going on.
                      I've done multiple sets of the same weight/reps many times but I also love working up to one ALL OUT set whether it be for just a couple reps or even something stupid like 15+
                      I think they all have their place and work well.

What kind of numbers are you at currently?

Comment

20 rep squats

Comment

I focus on powerlifting in the winter time then when spring comes I get lean for the summer . Bench I got 225 8 times , Dumbbells 100s flat I got 8 times , incline I got 5 with 100s , deadlift got 405 7 times , squat 335 twice . I'm about to stop the power soon an focus on cutting

Comment

I posted this in another thread several years ago:

About 25 years ago as I shifted from gym to home training, I wanted badly to increase my BP. Nothing, and I mean nothing worked. One day, I read one of those never ending articles in the old Iron Man about power rack training written by Anthony Ditillo. I thought "What the Hell?" This is what I did. 4 sets of BP in the power rack from from 6" off my chest to lock out. I pyramided up. Something like 8, 6, 4, 2. Weight increased each set. I then did 2 sets of as many reps as I could with a given weight in the regular BP. For these sets however I used a cambered BP bar. I rested 5 minutes between sets. I did this only once per week. The results? In about 8 months, I went from a 305 lb BP to a 340lb with a narrow miss at 350lbs. Nothing short of a miracle for me. Just thought I'd share.

Comment

to gain a higher squat resting down for up to 30 second with small weight has helped alot. just starting with 130lbs go ass to grass stay down and breathe in and out about 20-30 second than push up, do as many reps as you can. this shit burns like hell!!
                              When I was trying to get big bench I trained it 2 times a week. once was 5*5 with as much weight as I could, the max was always 4 reps with help in the 5th rep. than the other day was very light and many reps.
                              not rocket scienece but worked for me lol
                              TEAM QUADRO!!!
                              TEAM WOLF!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X