Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H.O.S.S Training Program - great for beginners and advanced trainers!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by john_anders View Post
    Yeah I've been on it since September. I'm the biggest I've ever been and my strength gains have been incredible:

Squat - When I started: 255 x 5 Now: 315 x 5 (5 sets and no wraps)
    Deadlift - When I started 225 x 5 Now: 300 x 5 (5 sets no straps or belt)
    Bench - When I started 205 x 5 Now: 225 x 5 (5 sets no spot)

My bench has never been my strong point but everything has been going great.
    Congrats man! Ive been on the H.O.S.S. Program since August and i have also seen incredible gains in strength and size.

When i first started my sets were
    Squats 305 x 5 Bench 225 x 5 and Deadlift 315 x 5

Now i am up to 345 x 5 on squats 245 x 5 and 350 x 5

Thanx Again He-man for the Awsome program and all the additional help!
    What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger!! - Slipknot

Comment

• Good strength improvements! I'm loving HOSS!

Comment

• GREAT strength gains guyzzzzzz......and I'm glad you guys are liking the program and I'm always around to answer any questions OK. The good thing is that its not rocket science so there shouldn't be too many LOL

KEEP IT UP
        FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Comment

• An explanation of how the reps should go down is now on page #1 in bold under the workout program. I've had soooooooooooooooo many people PM me and ask me about that.

More updates coming soon: alternative exercises, rest periods, going to failure etc
          FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Comment

• BUMP
            FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Comment

• Got 275 for a double on bench yesterday! New PR for me!!!! H.O.S.S. kicks some major ass!!!!!!!!

Got a mini powerlifting meet on Friday i will post all the stats after its over. This will be the first meet since i started the H.O.S.S. program cant wait to see how it plays out!
              What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger!! - Slipknot

Comment

• Those 5 sets of 5 on bench are an absolute killer!!
                Speed Kills, Strength Punishes

Comment

• He-Man, would it be alright to post your workout on my website? I have told a lot of people about it!!
                  Speed Kills, Strength Punishes

Comment

• Originally posted by knillmic View Post
                    He-Man, would it be alright to post your workout on my website? I have told a lot of people about it!!
                    Absolutely bro - I want H.O.S.S to be the next DoggCrapp LOL If you could just link it back to here that would be great....and it was created by Eric "He-Man" Kuthe. ....I should really put that on the first page of this thread, good idea....I'm glad I thought of it LOL

Have you tried H.O.S.S youself knillmic?
                    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Comment

• Got a question...right now I have the following exercises for the Back/Traps/Bis day

Deadlifts
                      Standing Barbell Curls
                      Bent Rows
                      Barbell Shrugs
                      Incline DB Curls
                      Upright Rows

As you can see I'm doing two exercises for each group. Can you suggest some more exercises for each group aside from what I have above?

Thx

Comment

• Originally posted by blitz2311 View Post
                        Got a question...right now I have the following exercises for the Back/Traps/Bis day

Deadlifts
                        Standing Barbell Curls
                        Bent Rows
                        Barbell Shrugs
                        Incline DB Curls
                        Upright Rows

As you can see I'm doing two exercises for each group. Can you suggest some more exercises for each group aside from what I have above?

Thx
                        Are you doing it in that order? I wouldn't do standing curls b4 the bent rows personally. Here are some suggestions:

*deadlifts - these HAVE to be in the program ALL the time. For variety try doing rack pulls every 3rd or 4th workout and go HEAVY!!!
                        *bent rows or t-bar rows or Hammer Strength low rows (bent rows are the best choice though as they will use the most muslces, core and require balance)
                        *** you're missing the chin-ups? so add in either a chin-up or a pulldown of some sort either wide to the front or close grip ala Dorian style (chin-ups being the best)
                        *barbell shrugs (try a few sets to the front and few from the back for variety) or dumbbell shrugs or Hammer Strength shrugs (if your gym has one of these they are great - once again do a few facing the apparatus and a few with your back to it) barbell shrugs are the best choice though as once again they require balance and will incorportate your core more. Dumbells are the second choice but I LOVE the Hammer Strength deadlift/shrug apparatus at my gym!
                        *standing barbell curls - meat and potatoe exercise. Could be substituted for preacher curls here and there though although they are more of an isolation exercise IMO and not as compound but still very good. Try alternating every other wrokout for a month or two and see the results and how sore they get from each exercise.
                        *incline db' curls or hammer curls (these are important so try to do 2 sets every workout even you are adding in other exercises for bi's OK) or concentration curls or spider curls (where you hang off the opposite side of a preacher curl bench so that your arm is hanging straight down and only your arm-pit in supported)
                        *** I would switch the upright rows or high pulls (basically wide upright rows LOL) to chest/delt/tri day and do them after standing barbell shoulder presses. Just a suggestion. This will help to hit you traps twice and everyone want HUGE traps right

I know it can get a little boring doing the same exercises each week so changing it up a little here and there is good for the body & mind. Just make sure to squat, deadlift & bench press every week and always come back to the H.O.S.S original program after a month or two of adding in substitution exercises after the BIG 3 and you WILL GROW big & strong!!!

Hope that helps
                        FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Comment

• Thanks for the tips...makes good sense I've made the modifications. I see what you mean about incorporating the core more into the routine.

The only issue I have right now is no gym access.

So I just have my free weights and good bench, curl bar, bench press bar and thats it.

Comment

• Originally posted by blitz2311 View Post
                            Thanks for the tips...makes good sense I've made the modifications. I see what you mean about incorporating the core more into the routine.

The only issue I have right now is no gym access.

So I just have my free weights and good bench, curl bar, bench press bar and thats it.
                            No problem bro...and you can get some amazing workouts without being at a gym. You have all you need and I can see how the HOSS program is perfect for you cause you have to keep things basic and in the end that will HELP you. The basics are the best. Before all the fancy stuff in gyms there were just barbells and db's right LOL and it was called "weight lifting". Also, some people have asked why there is no direct core training? well the core muscles (upper/lower abs & lower back) get worked hard from the exercises in the program. Lower back from the squats, deads and stiff legs and abs from standing barbell press, bent rows, curls etc etc And on that point, try not to put a belt on till the heavier sets OK. Keep your abs flexed and tight for warm-ups and then throw on the belt for the 5x5 sets.

So, with your back workout...do you have a chin-up bar? if not just add in a second row. Do your bent rows and then do either t-bar rows (stick the empty end of a barbell in a corner) or db's rows. And for traps do barbell shrugs to the front first and then rear shrugs (these will be a little lighter) and every once in a while do db's shrugs.
                            FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Comment

• What rep scheme would you recomend for a hypertrophy only program, for a natural guy?

thanks He-man

Comment

• Originally posted by yates_fan View Post
                                What rep scheme would you recomend for a hypertrophy only program, for a natural guy?

thanks He-man
                                Check out the first page og this thread and you'll find the program in detail. It emcompases and wide range of reps - 15-10 - for warm-ups and then focuses on the 5x5 for mass and strength and finishes with "pump & burn" set of 15 reps. Start of with reasonable weights and build up from there. Try to add more weight or more reps each week.
                                FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Comment

Working...
                                X