Regular vs Sumo Style Deads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by USEALITTLE View Post
    Sense we are talkin about the girl we lift with..... My girls gonna pull a 520+ at this years olyimpa.

Also sumo don't feel good to me so I never spend any time on it....
    Wish I could get the wife to compete in PLing. She'd be a monster exp since she only lifts raw but she's deadset on getting to the Olympics in Oly Lifting. Can't fault her for that though. If I wasn't falling apart I'd make a push for Oly lifting to. There's always Masters when I hit the age bracket.
    Conceive, Believe, Achieve!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stiffmeister View Post
      Had this saved on my computer. dont know were its from but it might help.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
      I posted that up on a few pages back. Some of the guys I train with seem to think it's a pretty good method to go by

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...=1#post2717519

Comment

• Originally posted by BrotherIron View Post
        Wish I could get the wife to compete in PLing. She'd be a monster exp since she only lifts raw but she's deadset on getting to the Olympics in Oly Lifting. Can't fault her for that though. If I wasn't falling apart I'd make a push for Oly lifting to. There's always Masters when I hit the age bracket.
        Oh, not my wife.... The girl I train with just pulled 545, you ask me the judges gave it to her. My wife did only 1meet and she did better then I expected, she pulled a good 318. Witch was great cuz the most she did in the gym was 295! So she did 318 at 135 raw not bad in my book.
        http://www.blacklionresearch.com/

WORLD PHARM =

Comment

Oh, not my wife.... The girl I train with just pulled 545, you ask me the judges gave it to her. My wife did only 1meet and she did better then I expected, she pulled a good 318. Witch was great cuz the most she did in the gym was 295! So she did 318 at 135 raw not bad in my book.
          That's great. That adrenaline kicks in and than the numbers fly (hopefully).

Comment

That's solid, she would have been happy with that I bet?

Comment

• The deadlifting is all about leverage so its all about the proportions of your body. Even that being said. It also depends what type of lifter you are.... EX Im a very technical lifter and sumo is all technique if the bar rolls off your shin or the weight moves just a little bit forward theres no way in hell you will get a 98% max lift up. When the sumo is done right it looks easy

Conventional is more of a brute strength it always looks slow and painfull (not talking about bad forum) looking lift in my opinion if your short and your body is built for it theres nothing elce you can do so do it nothing wrong with either

Comment

• Not only that but if your legs are to far open (in sumo stance) or if your feet aren't ducked enough/ducked to much, you'll not even get the bar off the floor.

Comment

Working...
                X