This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by USEALITTLE View Post
    Yeah, I'm gonna squat to my openner tomorrow and might bench to my oppener witch should be (if all goes well) 480sq and a 420-430 bench....
    Your meet this weekend mate? Mine is 24hrs away now woohoo.

I've just upped my bench opener a little; was going to open with 200, but yesterday I just did some light bench and finished up with 210 x 3 (with a good pause for each rep). So thinking I should open with that instead.

Comment

• Well I had a great day yesterday, winning my weight class (130-145) & 6th overall.

Also set 3 raw records for bench, deadlift and total (913). Here's my final lift which felt too easy

I didn't miss a single lift either, pretty sure I was the only person to do that.

Comment

• Set raw record fullpower DL record at 687lbs missed 710 at a BW of 229. Kinda upset about it.
        http://www.blacklionresearch.com/

WORLD PHARM =

Comment

• Originally posted by USEALITTLE View Post
          Set raw record fullpower DL record at 687lbs missed 710 at a BW of 229. Kinda upset about it.
          Got your message, yeah we all have meets like that every now and then but there's always something to take away and learn from then (when you get over being pissed off at yourself lol).

Good work with the record though, that's something to take home and be happy with. Well done!

I've just found out the NZ raw deadlift record for my weight class is 451 ~ that's mine next year.

Comment

• Lol, I'm not doin anymore raw meets unless I need to but as for now I have my eyes set on totaling 2000+ first time out in the 242. It's not great but it will due for a first suited meet in over a year.

You keep pushin and you will do just fine in your next meet.

Havin a bad meet is what I need to keep tellin myself that it happens. But my meet was shitty cuz I was sick for the 2wks before the meet. So.... It is what it is. Done and over with move on to the next one.

WORLD PHARM =

Comment

• Strong deadlift day for me today. Put this little clip together to somewhat document things as I work towards pulling 440lb...

Comment

• Told you man...... Keep workin kid! Lol, glade to see your gettin stronger and better.

WORLD PHARM =

Comment

• I started deadlifting this summer, and my max is 150 kg. 330 lbs. My goal is 440 lbs.
                  No one is special, some were patient.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr House View Post
                    I started deadlifting this summer, and my max is 150 kg. 330 lbs. My goal is 440 lbs.
                    Look at the video two posts above yours - it took me 11 months to go from pulling 150kg to 200kg.

Comment

• .. .... 395 is all time PR RAW.... I got more in me thou, I'll be back in a month with better #'s.

Comment

• 'Small plate' deadlifts (conventional style), working up to 90% of my max which is around 400lb. I am Using 15kg plates instead of the regular 20's to increase the ROM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anita5868 View Post
                          .... 395 is all time PR RAW.... I got more in me thou, I'll be back in a month with better #'s.
                          Originally posted by Mildred4185 View Post
                          .... 395 is all time PR RAW.... I got more in me thou, I'll be back in a month with better #'s.
                          Why are you two writing the same stuff?..

Comment

• How do you guys prefer to train with deadlifts?

Tap n go vs reset (it's what I call the two methods. We should all be able to put 2 and 2 together, lol).

You're not going to influence my answer I have def found it. Just wondering. I usually went with tap n go and probably deep down for the ego. I remember doing sets of 6+ reps but that first rep was always a bitch compared to the rest. Well until the end of course.

Here recently I've decided to go with reset and stick with it. I'm doing 5/3/1 which is based off a percentage of your 1 rep max if you don't already know. Last week I was supposed to hit a minimum of 5 reps and hit 6. Increased the weight by 20lbs today and I was supposed to hit a minimum of 3, but I hit 6 again with 20 more lbs.

I'm not on anything other than 175mgs test and have been for a little while now. I'm drinking pretty much every day... I know this won't continue to happen but I personally feel that the reset method just makes more sense for getting stronger on the deadlift.

Not just because of my recent results but because the deadlift starts from the ground.... Increasing your 1 rep max on bench or sq wouldn't make sense to re rack the bar and or start from the bottom range of the lift because that's not how the lift's performed... Deadlifts are performed from the ground up. Not standing and then down and up. Just saying.
                            PanterA is a fictional character for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• I've done both and I will train with either depending on what I have coming up.
                              Bros vs Pros then I'll go touch n go
                              Since I am working on PLing right now I will reset or deload every rep.

Comment

• I alway do touch and go.... The load and deload on reps kill me for close to a wk. When I do do them that's how I go.

WORLD PHARM =

Comment

Working...
                                X