This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lash View Post
    3x bodyweight lifts are what im talking about... and you have plenty more in the tank. Keep pulling those big lifts my antipodean brother..! you will appreciate that just because your not 6.0' tall or breaking the scales that you can still be strong. you must be surrounded by some moari monsters in your gym, but lb for lb I bet you blow them away. keep up the good work.
    Unfortunately not, I'm in the South Island so not many Maori's down here. I usually train alone and late at night when my kids are in bed, very occasionally I get to train at Eastside Barbell Club (a local PL'ing gym) but that's once every couple of months if I'm lucky.

That was from the Raw Champs last December at Eastside, that was my final attempt at 418 (I annoyingly pulled 429 a week later). I won my weight class with a 913 total.

Comment

• Originally posted by lash View Post
      the world record for the raw deadlift for every weight class is well over 3x bodyweight. All weight classes 220lb and under are well over 4x bodyweight. eg Ed Coan 901lb @ 220lb bodyweight. you decide if 2 times your bodyweight is a good lift.
      Actually, you're wrong. Benny weighs in at 380lbs and his 1015lbs pull (highest of all time) aint 3x his bodyweight. Close but it's not 3x if you want to nick pick.
      Conceive, Believe, Achieve!

Comment

• Originally posted by BrotherIron View Post
        Actually, you're wrong. Benny weighs in at 380lbs and his 1015lbs pull (highest of all time) aint 3x his bodyweight. Close but it's not 3x if you want to nick pick.
        Thanks for the info, always good to have the straight up facts.

Comment

• My best set to date which was done yesterday:

Comment

• Awesome Joe! Will you use straps for Bro's Vs Pro's?

Comment

• yes because they are allowed. for big singles I don't need them.

Comment

• Sweet!

Comment

• PR today:

After working up, ending my work set with 300 x 4 sets (5 reps), felt good and decided to try to go past my prior best (315). Threw on 330 and knew I could have done two. Did another one for kicks.

5'8
                  185lbs
                  41 years old
                  Training heavy: 2 years or so
                  Training really heavy: 1 year

Still going toward my goal of 405.

Comment

• Tjoe: the guy at 1:25 is like, "man, that was a great rep...you outta film this stuff!"

Comment

• Originally posted by KentuckyCelt View Post
                      Tjoe: the guy at 1:25 is like, "man, that was a great rep...you outta film this stuff!"
                      I am not a very angry person but man did I want to hurt that kid!!

Comment

• Originally posted by tjoe View Post
                        I am not a very angry person but man did I want to hurt that kid!!
                        tjoe how long did it take you to go from a your first 500lb dead to 550 or even 600?
                        413/330/512 [email protected] APF raw

Comment

• 405 for 6 reps is my best lift, I am natty and a tall guy so dead lifts are not my speciality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tlinken View Post
                            405 for 6 reps is my best lift, I am natty and a tall guy so dead lifts are not my speciality.
                            Oh really?

Comment

• Originally posted by tjoe View Post
                              My best set to date which was done yesterday:

Goddamn you're a beast, Joe. I did 605 for the first time ever last week and I felt like my joints were all going to detach. No way could I get 585 for more than 2.

Comment

• Thanks brotha! I appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                                X