This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's your max bench press?

This is the most popular lift in gyms all around the world. So what is YOUR max bench press?
    100lbs+
    4.20%
    200lbs+
    24.00%
    300lbs+
    40.20%
    400lbs+
    20.40%
    500lbs+
    6.40%
    600lbs+
    1.60%
    700lbs+
    3.20%
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

have done 310 a while ago, recent best was 295 close grip
    my strongman training
    Handle every situation like a Dog.If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

Comment

bet ever

Originally posted by Dabear View Post
      have done 310 a while ago, recent best was 295 close grip
      did 335 about 6 months ago..down to 305 right now.. went to higher reps after 4 weeks light work. Always a mistake to up the reps for me just watch my strength bleed away

Comment

Originally posted by jstarr37 View Post
        did 335 about 6 months ago..down to 305 right now.. went to higher reps after 4 weeks light work. Always a mistake to up the reps for me just watch my strength bleed away
        keep the reps 5 and under.
        my strongman training
        Handle every situation like a Dog.If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

Comment

Oh mine is embarassing. I did 6 reps with 200 lbs incline bench when I was 15.

I cannot even do that now.
          I will hit 260+ lbs at the end of this year, that is my target.
          No one is special, some were patient.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr House View Post
            Oh mine is embarassing. I did 6 reps with 200 lbs incline bench when I was 15.

I cannot even do that now.
            I will hit 260+ lbs at the end of this year, that is my target.
            no shame here...where you at now? whats the plan to hit 260?
            my strongman training

Comment

My personal best is 315, and I'm also 17. I nearly locked out 325, so that's my next goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dabear View Post
                no shame here...where you at now? whats the plan to hit 260?

Well now I don't have any spotter, so I cannot push myself that much.
                Let's say 180 lbs. I will use a spotter and put myself into it. I am a strong dude, I think I can manage to lift 260 lbs like in, February or so.

But that is the target now, when I lift it, I will look forward to new weights

Comment

Originally posted by musclehead10 View Post
                  My personal best is 315, and I'm also 17. I nearly locked out 325, so that's my next goal.
                  Wow. Great man.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr House View Post
                    Well now I don't have any spotter, so I cannot push myself that much.
                    Let's say 180 lbs. I will use a spotter and put myself into it. I am a strong dude, I think I can manage to lift 260 lbs like in, February or so.

But that is the target now, when I lift it, I will look forward to new weights
                    good luck. you train alone or in a gym? get a spotter or use a power rack
                    my strongman training

Comment

iv done 410 touch n go. RAW
                      http://www.blacklionresearch.com/

WORLD PHARM =

Comment

Originally posted by 1strongback View Post
                        sick!
                        was that a comp or training?
                        my strongman training

Comment

Originally posted by 1strongback View Post
                          Ditto bro! I did 405 a couple different times and 410 once. Bench is definately my worst lift out of the 3. I would LOVE to 5 wheels someday. Just glad He-Man didn't post his numbers yet

Comment

I did 600lbs RAW at 259lbs at a gym bench press contest. At the time my workouts went:

135x20, 225x15, 315x10 warm-ups then 405x6-8, 495x3-5 and if I felt like going for it 585x1....so one day I got 2 with that and entered the contest and got 600lbs RAW and drug free baby. At the time I was squatting only 500lbsx2-3 reps LOL so it was funny. Bench press was my gift from above - and now my curse as I need a complete shoulder replacement surgery I use to behind the neck shoulder press 315 for reps
                            FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Comment

Originally posted by tjoe View Post
                              Ditto bro! I did 405 a couple different times and 410 once. Bench is definately my worst lift out of the 3. I would LOVE to 5 wheels someday. Just glad He-Man didn't post his numbers yet

good stuff but too late he posted it...
                              my strongman training

Comment

Working...
                              X