Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's your max bench press?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • what's your max bench press?

    This is the most popular lift in gyms all around the world. So what is YOUR max bench press?
    500
    100lbs+
    4.20%
    21
    200lbs+
    24.00%
    120
    300lbs+
    40.20%
    201
    400lbs+
    20.40%
    102
    500lbs+
    6.40%
    32
    600lbs+
    1.60%
    8
    700lbs+
    3.20%
    16
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

  • #2
    have done 310 a while ago, recent best was 295 close grip
    my strongman training
    Handle every situation like a Dog.If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.


    Comment


    • #3
      bet ever

      Originally posted by Dabear View Post
      have done 310 a while ago, recent best was 295 close grip
      did 335 about 6 months ago..down to 305 right now.. went to higher reps after 4 weeks light work. Always a mistake to up the reps for me just watch my strength bleed away

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jstarr37 View Post
        did 335 about 6 months ago..down to 305 right now.. went to higher reps after 4 weeks light work. Always a mistake to up the reps for me just watch my strength bleed away
        keep the reps 5 and under.
        my strongman training
        Handle every situation like a Dog.If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.


        Comment


        • #5
          Oh mine is embarassing. I did 6 reps with 200 lbs incline bench when I was 15.

          I cannot even do that now.
          I will hit 260+ lbs at the end of this year, that is my target.
          No one is special, some were patient.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dr House View Post
            Oh mine is embarassing. I did 6 reps with 200 lbs incline bench when I was 15.

            I cannot even do that now.
            I will hit 260+ lbs at the end of this year, that is my target.
            no shame here...where you at now? whats the plan to hit 260?
            my strongman training
            Handle every situation like a Dog.If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.


            Comment


            • #7
              My personal best is 315, and I'm also 17. I nearly locked out 325, so that's my next goal.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Dabear View Post
                no shame here...where you at now? whats the plan to hit 260?

                Well now I don't have any spotter, so I cannot push myself that much.
                Let's say 180 lbs. I will use a spotter and put myself into it. I am a strong dude, I think I can manage to lift 260 lbs like in, February or so.

                But that is the target now, when I lift it, I will look forward to new weights
                No one is special, some were patient.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by musclehead10 View Post
                  My personal best is 315, and I'm also 17. I nearly locked out 325, so that's my next goal.
                  Wow. Great man.
                  No one is special, some were patient.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Dr House View Post
                    Well now I don't have any spotter, so I cannot push myself that much.
                    Let's say 180 lbs. I will use a spotter and put myself into it. I am a strong dude, I think I can manage to lift 260 lbs like in, February or so.

                    But that is the target now, when I lift it, I will look forward to new weights
                    good luck. you train alone or in a gym? get a spotter or use a power rack
                    my strongman training
                    Handle every situation like a Dog.If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      iv done 410 touch n go. RAW
                      http://www.blacklionresearch.com/

                      WORLD PHARM =

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by 1strongback View Post
                        iv done 410 touch n go. RAW
                        sick!
                        was that a comp or training?
                        my strongman training
                        Handle every situation like a Dog.If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 1strongback View Post
                          iv done 410 touch n go. RAW
                          Ditto bro! I did 405 a couple different times and 410 once. Bench is definately my worst lift out of the 3. I would LOVE to 5 wheels someday. Just glad He-Man didn't post his numbers yet

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I did 600lbs RAW at 259lbs at a gym bench press contest. At the time my workouts went:

                            135x20, 225x15, 315x10 warm-ups then 405x6-8, 495x3-5 and if I felt like going for it 585x1....so one day I got 2 with that and entered the contest and got 600lbs RAW and drug free baby. At the time I was squatting only 500lbsx2-3 reps LOL so it was funny. Bench press was my gift from above - and now my curse as I need a complete shoulder replacement surgery I use to behind the neck shoulder press 315 for reps
                            FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by tjoe View Post
                              Ditto bro! I did 405 a couple different times and 410 once. Bench is definately my worst lift out of the 3. I would LOVE to 5 wheels someday. Just glad He-Man didn't post his numbers yet


                              good stuff but too late he posted it...
                              my strongman training
                              Handle every situation like a Dog.If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X