How much rest before meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much rest before meet

How many days rest are optimal prior to competing? In the past, I've taken 6-7 days off before competition, but they were bench only competitions. I'm considering doing a raw push pull meet or full meet.

everyone is different.
    I would think hitting apx 90% on Mon or Tue for a single on each lift would be pretty adequate with a meet on Sat.
    Probably gonna take a bit of trial and error though.

Comment

i do 7days of full rest. no cardio no weight. just chillin.
      http://www.blacklionresearch.com/

WORLD PHARM =

Comment

Originally posted by iusealittle View Post
        i do 7days of full rest. no cardio no weight. just chillin.
        The best way IMO.

Comment

I always take at least 5 days off before a competition to ensure that I am recuperated and ready to push maximum effort on the competition platform.

Comment

Wow, seems like 5-7 days is optimal for rest period. Seems as if that's a long period of time not to be training before a competition. I may have been doing things all wrong then!

Comment

I over train deliberately before a meet and then take 4 full days off. So if the meet is an upcoming Saturday then the previous Monday will be the last days gym work. I may stretch etc only on the rest days and then it's 20 minutes tops.
              2-time 500 word MD essay winner. 4 x British Grip Champ (06,08,09 and '10)

Comment

7 days for me. I couldn't chill tho, always stressing about weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie_76 View Post
                  7 days for me. I couldn't chill tho, always stressing about weight.
                  dude turn the fucking air conditioning up lol i know what you mean stressing about the weight

Comment

Working...
                  X