Deadlift for reps event warm-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadlift for reps event warm-up?

Any suggestions on warming up for this event? In one event, we'll be pulling 1.5x our bodyweight for as many reps possible in 60 seconds. This will be 450 lbs. for me. I'm thinking a few low rep sets to get warm but not fatigue.

135 x 10
    225 x 8
    315 x 5
    405 x 1-3
    450 rep it!

Comment

Thanks. We ended up doing about 1.25 x bodyweight which was 385 for me. I had to do it twice for 90 seconds each round. I ended up getting the same # of reps both rounds. I should have gotten more reps on the first round, but I was controlling the negative too much and gassed out. I did quick drops the second round and it really helped but I was still tired from the first round so I only equaled my first round performance.

Comment

Originally posted by tjoe View Post
        135 x 10
        225 x 8
        315 x 5
        405 x 1-3
        450 rep it!
        Can't argue with that.
        Strength in life and lifting.
        shawnbellon.com

Comment

Originally posted by FUTURE View Post
          Can't argue with that.

Ditto

Comment

Originally posted by mattyd View Post
            Thanks. We ended up doing about 1.25 x bodyweight which was 385 for me. I had to do it twice for 90 seconds each round. I ended up getting the same # of reps both rounds. I should have gotten more reps on the first round, but I was controlling the negative too much and gassed out. I did quick drops the second round and it really helped but I was still tired from the first round so I only equaled my first round performance.
            uh... how many? did you win it? what number did win if it wasn't yours?

Originally posted by FUTURE View Post
            Can't argue with that.
            thank you

Originally posted by SASQUATCH7212 View Post
            Ditto
            thank you also

Comment

I did 17 reps each round. Since I came back a did 17 reps again in my second round and was pretty gassed, I assume my form was off in the first round. The winner weighed about 230, so I'd have to look to see what weight he was lifting at 1.25 x bodyweight, and he did about 30 reps I believe.

Comment

Working...
              X