Bi's with Chest or Back; Tri's with Chest or Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bi's with Chest or Back; Tri's with Chest or Back

Last 2 months been training Bi's with Chest and Tri's with Back.

Just curious if either is right/wrong better/worse or fine.
    Bi's with Chest; Tri's with Back
    38.81%
    Tri's with Chest; Bi's with Back
    37.31%
    Both are fine in that duo
    7.46%
    Both are fine, but better to rotate/switch every few months
    11.94%
    Dunno
    4.48%
    My Journal:

been back training for 18 months now after a 15 year layoff, and if you are like me where your chest and back grow faster than your arms, than chest bi's, back tri's is ideal!!,

Comment

Triceps and back, biceps and chest seems to make more sense, but I dunno. I do bi's and tri's with abs on the same day.
      I do back two days in a row, divided into vertical pull (e.g pulldowns/pullups) and horizontal pull (e.g bb rows, cable rows).

Comment

Originally posted by Peri View Post
        Triceps and back, biceps and chest seems to make more sense, but I dunno. I do bi's and tri's with abs on the same day.
        I do back two days in a row, divided into vertical pull (e.g pulldowns/pullups) and horizontal pull (e.g bb rows, cable rows).
        My back routine is split up the same way, vertical pulling on tuesday and horizontal on friday.

Comment

Originally posted by bluecountry View Post
          Last 2 months been training Bi's with Chest and Tri's with Back.

Just curious if either is right/wrong better/worse or fine.
          depends on your goals and training schedule. usually it's better to train major muscles with assisting muscles. if you have a shoulder day & a full arm day, and you hit chest and tri's on separate days, you'll be working your tri's 4 days a week...which might be too much for u.
          I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's nobody I'd rather be, than me.

Comment

My tris always take over on chest press movements so I usually pre-exhaust tris on chest days. I only train biceps every-other week on whatever day I'm training calves and forearms.
            "Hallelujah, holy-shit!! Where's the Tylenol?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Hardly Krishna View Post
              My back routine is split up the same way, vertical pulling on tuesday and horizontal on friday.
              Yeah, I'd prefer to spread the two out like that, rather than do them on consecutive days, but I have to work around my job schedule.

Comment

Bi's with quads and tri's with abs
                The rumors of my suicide were greatly exaggerated.

Comment

biceps after chest (they're warm up like that, but not tired) and triceps/ back for the same reason.

Usually, the triceps haven't strenght after bench press, like the biceps after every exercice for back

Comment

back/bis chest/tris

3-4 days later arm day
                    Hard work + Dedication= MORE MUSCLE.(and haters)

Comment

Either is fine.

Back & biceps/Chest & triceps are popular choices, as are training antagonistic muscle groups ie: Chest & biceps. I prefer the latter choice as I find I can get more out of the muscles and they haven't been pre exhausted at all.

Comment

I always do back with bis and tris with chest.... That's just me.
                        http://www.blacklionresearch.com/

WORLD PHARM =

Comment

Since a couple of week, since my arms and shoulder width are my weakness, I switched to a split like this; Shoulder/bi's,
                          Legs,
                          OFF ,
                          Chest/side delts/traps,
                          Back/rear delts/triceps

Have denifitely better pumps and better recuperation in my arms when I train them in a split like this...

Comment

Anybody train their arms 2 x week?..

Comment

Originally posted by Mini Forklift Ⓥ View Post
                              Anybody train their arms 2 x week?..
                              I do, separately on back and chest days, then usually together on shoulder day getting about 25% more volume that day.

Comment

Working...
                              X