Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

located in orange county ca no other gym like it in orange county period!
    VALENTINO OF THE WEST COAST!

Comment

HEY JOHN I SAW YOU QUOTED PROUST THIS MONTH ON MD
      THAT MIGHT BE THE FIRST TIME ANYBODY QUOTED PROUST IN A BB MAGAZINE LOL!

Comment

It is in moments of illness that we are compelled to recognize that we live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom, whole worlds apart, who has no knowledge of us and by whom it is impossible to make ourselves understood: our body.
        Marcel Proust

Comment

Originally posted by 1400total View Post
          Iron Pit
          Leechburg PA

I trained at this gym for a months this past summer. With my busy schedule I had a hard time getting workouts in. But then a fellow powerlifter told me about this place. Although 60 miles from my home, I would train there at least 4 times a week.

Leechburg has seen its better days and is downtown is about the size of a city block. Iron Pit, is on the main drag. There is a sign over a door reading "Gym"
          Its a key club, so once you join you have 24 hour access. You open the door and descend down the steps into a one room basement gym. If you want a mental picture think DOrian's Temple gym. Dumbells go up to 175 lbs. Several power racks, leg press that can hold 2000lbs, One piece of hammer equipement, barely any cables, lots of benches and incline benches ect ect. I have gotten some of my best workouts there. Sometimes at 4:00 am!!!!

One time I was training there and water from somewhere upstairs was dripping on us. We didn't even care! The bathroom is an adventure unto itself.
          The guys that train there are super hardcore and powerful.
          There is one picture or actually collage of bodybuilders and powerlifters hanging up. Otherwise there are several pics of the hottest women in the fitness industry.

Its truely hardcore.

i knew there have to be at least one small PA town in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHNPENA NMT View Post
            It is in moments of illness that we are compelled to recognize that we live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom, whole worlds apart, who has no knowledge of us and by whom it is impossible to make ourselves understood: our body.
            Marcel Proust

Marcel is the bomb! I like to throw out stuff like that to see who is paying attention. PM me your maling addy and I'll send yo an MD tee shirt!

Comment

SENT !

Comment

Niagara Superfitness in Niagara Falls (Canadian side - formerly Gold's Gym) has bells up to 200 in 10 pound increments (5 lb increments up to 130 or so) and lets you train the way you want even though there aren't really a lot of serious bodybuilders there. The people who aren't "hardcore" don't seem to have a problem with the people that are unlike many other gyms around.

Comment

I think the name of the gym was called "Titan's Gym"...on an old wooden crooked sign off the side of a road heading to one of the main resort areas in Antigua...this gym was in a very "local" part of the island, very poor, probably not so safe but nobody bothered me. I went there cause my hotel gym sucked...this place was small....very small..maybe 2000 sq ft...but packed with about 10-12 guys (and a couple of girls) training hardcore...whole place was basically free weights...if it was 90 degrees outside it must have been about 105 degrees inside at about 6 pm...i sweat about 10 lbs of water out but had a great workout, I pushed myself because everyone around me were pushing themselves...the atmosphere became a bit more competitive when i showed up i think...lol...but everyone was very respectful & curtious, they respected my training intensity(and i respected theirs).....kinda fun having people stare too, you pretend to ignore it and just be blinded by the loud music in your headphones but you know people are watching you, they must have been thinking "who is this crazy looking white boy?" lol....but it was just a cool vibe really......it was like back in high school in your buddies garage...isn't that really what its all about??....I've never been there but that's what makes a place like Metroflex so incredible...i mean from the videos of that place make it looks like a hole in the wall...but it's hard f^*king core!!!....I opened my gym thinking it was going to be something it wasn't...I wanted the cool place that had the best stuff where i could train all day anytime i want...funny, it doesn't end up that way....the realization hits you at some point that it's a business, it's all about money...even if you're not, the bills make you be about money...it's a market where the BIG Corporations swallow up gyms that aren't "progressive" enough.....meanwhile what are they??...what has fitness come to??.. ...My gym in NY is called Power Fitness...it caters to everyone, fat, thin, young, old, male female, all fitness types...we play good upbeat motivating music...place has a good vibe...oh and by the way, although Power Fitness isn't the more hardcore gym in the world, it is THE most motivational....with over 400 quotes on the walls, floors and ceilings of the gym you can't escape the positive energy that surrounds the facility...it's truly a place guided by good forces and friendly spirits.....it's the most unique gym you will ever see!...It's an upscale place with a hardcore element mixed in...it's unique....sorry i veered off the subject a bit.......well this way when you make a thread for most motivational i already have my response for it posted...lol. plus a little bit of self promotion never hurt anyone, right??
                  www.instagram.com/astrongspirit

Comment

This thread is kick ass! Anyone want to create a listing out of all the posts? Like state by state or something?

Comment

john is this goin to be featured in md? it would be a great listing of gyms around the world
                      im only laughing on the outside my smile is only skin deep...

Comment

Originally posted by irish_muscle View Post
                        john is this goin to be featured in md? it would be a great listing of gyms around the world
                        Yes! Around the world. My bad. It is hard to feature it in MD because it is always changing or being added to. However, it is a perfect online resource.

Comment

good stuff john thx for the reply
                          im only laughing on the outside my smile is only skin deep...

Comment

Powerhouse Gym in Adelaide South Australia. 1 treadmill, 2 rusty exercise bikes and a stack of freeweights. Ronnie trained there (legs) in the 3rd dvd, On the road. About 350 members , maybe 20 women total. Some members are natural.

Comment

Hyde Park in Austin, Tx...home of natural champion Dave Goodin. Great old school equipment.

Comment

best gym in Europe is busek gym Munich and BBc word Prague

Comment

Working...
                                X