How often to train each bodypart?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hit each body part every 15 minutes.
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall.

Comment

Once a week except for biceps and my left calf. Biceps are weak as far as size and left calf is weak and small from surgery, just trying to get it caught up with the right side.
      “War is peace.
      Freedom is slavery.
      Ignorance is strength.”
      ― George Orwell

Comment

I just changed to a once every 6 days I hit each muscle. It is not a convenient schedule but so far I like it.

Comment

Question for some of you guys, just out of curiousity..

I noticed many train each muscle once a week, but 2x for lagging body parts. So this would mean you also feel that 2x provides faster growth. Does that mean the only reason you train once a week per muscle in general though, is for better systematic long term recovery (as opposed to faster progress)?

(I'm sure I know your answer but just wanted to verify)

Comment

Twice a week, low volume, though.

Comment

Originally posted by RJP View Post
              I only weight train on weekends so every body part is hit directly every two weeks. Because of this, exercise selection is important for me.

For example I directly train Chest on one weekend and Tris on another. Since of course your tris are also stimulated on any pressing movement, they are still getting worked even though I won't directly train them for another week. On Tri day (the following weekend), I do close grip bench press and dips which also hit chest. In that way I avoid any overlap yet still indirectly stimulate muscles I haven't worked since the prior week.

It's not ideal but it fits my schedule. Furthermore, I haven't lost any strength in 3 or 4 years doing this and many of my lifts continue to improve.
              Weekend warrior, eh?

What's your job?

Comment

Exactly

Originally posted by mugshot View Post
                i use to do everything twice a week
                but now i just something like this
                chest
                back
                arms
                legs
                shoulders
                off
                off

This is exactly what I do. Except i swuitched day 1 and 2. I get an amazing chest workout the day after back. At 38, and doing HIT training, this works best for me......I am still able to grow and get get stronger each week. I have no cripping fatigue and croinic sleep lose anymore.
                You know.......if you started saving your money today.......in a year or so....you could afford that sense of humor you so desparately need.

Comment

If you are getting 72 hours rest between training the same body part, you are good. Some people like twice a week, others make solid gains 1x a week but studies show the muscles are fully recovered after 72 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by vargasty View Post
                    If you are getting 72 hours rest between training the same body part, you are good. Some people like twice a week, others make solid gains 1x a week but studies show the muscles are fully recovered after 72 hours.
                    vargasty, i think that training volume takes a big role in this. a lot of the studied you refer to only use low volume (most times it utilizes only one exercise for a muscle group). i don't think there has been an expansive study on a full-blown training regimen (I could be wrong, though). But I do feel that the more you "beat up" a muscle, the longer it will take for that muscle group to repair itself.

personally, i have tried the 2x a week thing and, as was mentioned earlier, i didn't gain any mass until i not only switched to a 1x a week scheme, but a very particular 1x a week scheme (Legs, Chest/Tris, Rest, Back/Bis, Shoulders, Rest, Rest). This yielded the greatest results for me personally.
                    Go Hard or Go Home.

Comment

Originally posted by Dieseldru View Post
                      vargasty, i think that training volume takes a big role in this. a lot of the studied you refer to only use low volume (most times it utilizes only one exercise for a muscle group). i don't think there has been an expansive study on a full-blown training regimen (I could be wrong, though). But I do feel that the more you "beat up" a muscle, the longer it will take for that muscle group to repair itself.

personally, i have tried the 2x a week thing and, as was mentioned earlier, i didn't gain any mass until i not only switched to a 1x a week scheme, but a very particular 1x a week scheme (Legs, Chest/Tris, Rest, Back/Bis, Shoulders, Rest, Rest). This yielded the greatest results for me personally.
                      If you consider 12-15 sets low, then I guess so. Personally, I like to hit everything with 4-5 exercises for a total of 20 sets. I do think it has to do with how hard you hit the muscle but the body will adapt. I remember playinf football and the first week I was always sore then afterwards, I got use to it. I just find it funny how all the old school bodybuilders hit the muscle with such high volume/freaquency and they were still able to progress with 1/10 of the drugs today.

Comment

I'm running a 3 day split but lift 4 days a week, so each week one group gets hit 2x a week. So, I hit everything 3x's in 2 weeks

1 - chest, shoulder, tri
                        2 - Biceps, forearms, back
                        3 - Legs

I hit abs on cardio days which are wed and sat or if I have extra time at the end of my workout which turns out to about 1 extra day a week
                        Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy788 View Post
                          I'm running a 3 day split but lift 4 days a week, so each week one group gets hit 2x a week. So, I hit everything 3x's in 2 weeks

1 - chest, shoulder, tri
                          2 - Biceps, forearms, back
                          3 - Legs

I hit abs on cardio days which are wed and sat or if I have extra time at the end of my workout which turns out to about 1 extra day a week
                          biceps befor back?forearms on the same day as back? grip will fail easy when forearms on the same day as back,unless u hit back light.

Comment

or u use straps, as it removes bicep and forearm involvment.
                            Turn the other cheek and I'll break your fucking chin.

Comment

Originally posted by chasebny View Post
                              or u use straps, as it removes bicep and forearm involvment.
                              it won't remove bicep and forearm completly

Comment

THANK GOD U CAME, I HAD NO IDEA! and maybe teddy is prioritizing his biceps/forearms, or possibly, just didnt list his bodyparts chronologically.
                                Turn the other cheek and I'll break your fucking chin.

Comment

Working...
                                X