Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by red barraca View Post
    it won't remove bicep and forearm completly
    It won't remove them at all. It will place less stress on the forearms, but straps have zero impact on biceps.

Comment

i disagree. I find that using straps removes a majority of my bicep involvment in rows pulldowns etc.
      Turn the other cheek and I'll break your fucking chin.

Comment

Originally posted by chasebny View Post
        i disagree. I find that using straps removes a majority of my bicep involvment in rows pulldowns etc.
        They're supposed to be put on the hands/wrists--not biceps.

Comment

shit, i knew something was wrong.
          Turn the other cheek and I'll break your fucking chin.

Comment

Well, i've only been lifting for about a year, I've been doing this split for the last 2 months and beating my notebook every day. Right now i'm not to the point where I'm pulling the gargantuan weights where my grip is killing me. I can feel it during my last set of deadlifts without a doubt, but I only do one exerciese for each muscle group that way i'm allowing them to rest and grow. Working on a DC training style right now and so far i'm getting good results from it. When I'm done trying to cut, and switch back into growth mode at the end of the summer I may break out the split to one day per body part. But so far, so good. I've dropped over 10 lbs in the last 3 weeks while still gaining strength on all of my lifts.
            Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

Comment

Originally posted by laskerja View Post
              trying to see what other people do. I am on a diet....dont know if it matters just throwing it out there.
              We're talking training here, but I hit one muscle (minus synergy) once per week at maximum intensity.

Everyone is different.

Comment

I think it truly depends on your body. I come from a very genetically blessed family when it comes to muscularity, and Ive tried everything from three times a week to once a week for each bodypart. Never been on gear.

Three times a week seemed to just keep everything hard.

Once a week didnt do a damned thing.

But twice a week has given really really solid gains over the past year or so.

Comment

I like to train every body part once a week except for abs, chest, and sometimes calves.I feel that the chest is such a big and vast muscle with upper,lower,inner,outer,center i usually will work on upper and lower then inner and outer with emphasis on hitting the center also with the 2 workouts letting atleast 4-5 days rest before hitting it the second time in the same week.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitrotank View Post
                    I hit each body part every 15 minutes.
                    LMAO!! You damn slacker!! If you not hitten em every 10 you might as well go home and take up crochet.

Comment

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Comment

This is something that you could do as a research project. I usually shock my muscles so as to not plateau. I'll do a month where I'll train 1 body part per week, then I'll switch up the next month and do a body part every 4 days. I recover really fast though and always move up in weight. See how your body responds and work with it.

Comment

Train each bodypart once a week.Only train it twice if it is a weak spot for you
                          "Push Harder"

Comment

If you train a muscle group properly (getting your mind into your muscle), once a week is all it can take and recover properly, AAS or not. If on AAS, that training session will be more intense and will still require a week to recover.
                            I trained 3 on, 1 off for years in my 20's and early 30's. I can say with authority that I've grown stronger and bigger more quickly working every body part once a week....smartly....very similar to the HIT system.
                            Training this way avoids plateaus caused by overtraining. I also take 2-4 weeks off from training (usually following a competition) to allow recovery from any nagging injuries/soreness.
                            Of course, I'm an old man......

Comment

I train chest and arms 2 a week, because these are my weak spots.
                              1. Chest + triceps + calves + abs
                              2. Shoulders + biceps + abs
                              3. Legs + calves
                              4. Back + abs
                              5. Chest + arms

Comment

At the moment its this:

Mon - Chest - Cardio 10-15 mins Stepmaster
                                Tue - Legs
                                Wed - Back - Cardio 45 mins Spinning
                                Thur - Shoulders
                                Fri - Arms - Cardio 10-15 mins Stepmaster