No announcement yet.

Training Volume/Intensity Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i dont know if reps and sets even mattter its really about trying to take the muscle where it doesnt want to go right?
    "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

Comment

• One of the only reasons I count is for concentration. ^
      your only as strong as your mind, so consider yourself weak.
      Yep...cats before cunts like my grandma always used to say. - BBOY

Comment

• volumen

buys a sizeon of gaspari, a protein of dymatize elite, a protein of gnc protein 95 and universal torrent. like that that if you can help me with the routine of mass q is effective! And since(as,like) the products take me them the maximum to extract profit thank you ,I train 5 times for week

Comment

• buys a sizeon of gaspari, a protein of dymatize elite, a protein of gnc protein 95 and universal torrent. like that that if you can help me with the routine of mass q is effective! And since(as,like) the products take me them the maximum to extract profit thank you ,I train 5 times for week

Comment

• Volume! 9 at least.

4-6 just for muscles like traps, calves and stuff like that.
            Criticism is a prejudice made plausible.

Comment

• are all these sets for one excercise for eg

lat pull down : 20 sets?...rows : 20 sets??

and so on?

Comment

• i think theres no one way to trian and people should try everyway possible but i feel personally that low volume works best for me after trying such trying fst-7, a six day split and god knows whatever else.

Comment

• High Volume, High intensity. THis doesn't mean Heavy fucking heave-hoeing weights. Intensity is relative. It's all about FEELING the muscle contract.

Comment

• I use mostly moderate to high total volume. Sometimes I will train extremely heavy with low volume just to change it up. I like to get a good pump and volume seems to work best for that. But hey. whatever works.... do that.
                    GWOT COMBAT VETERAN
                    OEFx1

Comment

• 8-10 reps, with occasional 6 on very last working set
                      4 (with occasional 5) excercises. 4-5 sets which includes a warm up set
                      lately ive been pyramiding up on weight on my sets...when im not doin pyramids, i work with a set weight with said reps...i like to switch it up

Comment

• I trained Mike Mentzer HIT style of 1 set to failure for a few years and whilst the results were reasonable I always felt I could do better. I've now substantially increased my volume to doing about 4-5 sets to failure per exercise. I also think that training as many body parts as possible is important so I've increased the number of exercises I perform especially isolation movements. Whilst I've increased the volume I've reduced frequency and number of training days to give me more rest time. So far the results are much better, but I think everyone has to find what works for them.

I would advise anybody starting out in training to use HIT style, because knowing what failure really is comes with experience. Wasting your time in the gym with loads of moderate-intensity sets is pointless. I would also advise that people try reducing training frequency rather than volume because it's definately worked for me. But in a single workout I can only do 4-5 sets to failure on about 3 exercises and then I'm completely wiped out.

Comment

• I apologize if this is off topic. I work each bodypart twice per week. Lots of time Im not fully recovered but push past the pain for the gains. I see great results training this way as many bodybuilders of old trained with the same philosophy. My question is guyz... What happens to the (unheald fibers) muscle when worked thoroughly again. Does that muscle recruit a different set of fibers.. Do the already damaged fibers do the work and grow double time.... Is the previous workout negated (which cant be do to obvious growth Im experiencing) I understand the risk like over-training, running down my CNS, injuries, etc... but I grow from 2 a week but don't understand scientifically whats happening behind the scenes. Hope my question is clear and thank you guyz in advance for whatever help you can be.

Right on fellas
                          Ray Luv

Comment

• Originally posted by Manavs View Post
                            normally between 35-50 sets/bodypart but done as low as 20 pre contest and as much as 110 at other times.
                            WTF?

Comment

• 10+ here

Comment

• I usually stay around 4 sets per exercise and do 4 exercises per training day.
                                ~Jay Wesson "My will is stronger than yours" Instagram: @Jaystruth

Comment

Working...
                                X