Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RazorRipped View Post
    And that is precisely how I train.

HIT-low volume, high intensity. Wish I bought into when I was young, instead of doing the 2 hr deplete the fuck out of yourself workouts, that resulted in nothing more than spinning your wheels.

~RR
    What would your leg workout look like, also how often a week do you train legs.

Comment

Im doing a bit of a labrada style at the moment. push/pull/legs
      Chest - 9 working sets
      Back - 12 working sets
      Bis - 6 working sets
      Tris - 6 Working sets.
      Shoulders - 6 Working sets
      etc...

Not high volume but its completely different to what I have been doing and I like it. Everything twice a week so thats why its no high volume, Going to failure or close to every set.

Comment

4 sets of 4 exercises of 8 reps with 2 sets of 10 abs after each workout
        Those who can't, say YOU can't

Comment

4 to 6 sets, a few more warmups for first exercise on a body part No warmups for consecutive exercises and usually non for calves or arms, they are already warm. All non warm ups sets to positive failure. INTENSITY techniques - forced reps, negatives, rest pause, preex, static holds partials. Try doing 16 sets a bodypart with those... rotsa ruck.

Comment

I haven't been training for 10 + years like a lot of you have (though I wish I started working out when I was 16 instead of 22) and I don't feel like I get all that much benefit from a really low number of sets. 9 working sets is about the lowest I really ever seen much progress from.

I think that mostly comes with experience, I haven't really been able to switch it on for one all out set because a few minutes after that all out set I think I can do it again.

Comment

for mass.. low volume high intense works best. so i do the dorian yates style

1 set- 50% of 6-8 rep max
              2 set-75% of 6-8 rep max
              3 set-100 % of 6-8 rep max

about 3 exercises. Mainly compound movements

that's it. It's all about the intensity, get in the gym, 1 really intense set and get of of the gym, rest,eat, and grow.

Comment

Chest 20
                Bi's 16
                Tris 13
                Traps 9
                Quads 13
                Hams 8
                Shoulders 20
                Lats 20
                Calves 12

All sets are piramided up starting at 15-10-8-6

Comment

1 set rest-paused. You could argue this is really 3 sets with an extremely short rest period if you want. That's it. On body parts that I don't RP, it's 2 regular sets.
                  Official DC Training DVD available here: www.jasonwojo.com/dvd.html

Comment

I do moderate to high volume usually 14-20 sets large and 10-14 small and i do some sort of intensity technique on every exercise performed (drop sets, forced reps, negatives, super sets) and most sets taken to failure.

But I say if it works for you and you grow...then do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ForemanRules View Post
                      I takes you two hours to do 24 sets. Sounds like you are not working hard enough to me.

Yesterday I did 15 sets of back and 10 sets of triceps, I was done is 55 minutes.

trust me, I have trained with this guy and he works plenty hard enough. Did you read the part where he said it includes all his warm ups and stretching?

Comment

For larger bodyparts like legs and back I don't see anything wrong with doing 15+ sets for, but for biceps and triceps it just doesn't make sense to me. I incorporate my back/bicep workout together so I usually only do 7-8 sets for biceps because their already smoked.
                        I noticed a lot of people on this on here like volume training(25+sets) seems excessive.

Comment

....I don't dwell in the volume world anymore. After I started trying the Dorian way(a good warm up or two and let those muscles have it with all you got) I've made lot's of improvment not only with muscular development but with raw strength. I wish I would've been doing this since I started a long time ago. But I guess it's what ever suits the person working out.....Others take to 1-3 working sets while other take to 15+ sets. You gotta find out for yourself.

Comment

Jay Cutler does around 20 working sets for each group.

Comment

Originally posted by Northman69 View Post
                              Jay Cutler does around 20 working sets for each group.

At Least. I don't think most people can train that way though. Jay has incredible genetics, his body could pretty much recover from anything so he might as well do tons of sets.
                              Up the dose, Lift the most!!!

Comment

Not to mention the steroids and whatever else Cutler is on. Not some sort of slam against steroid users, but that's sure going to help with recovery a hell of a lot more than genetics. Anyway, a few months ago I started doing Arthur Jones styled HIT training. Full body workouts 3 times a week of 1-3 sets per body part to failure. I've been getting much better results and consistent strength gains this way. I've also added 15 pounds of muscle in the last month since I just got a gym membership and I've been able to workout my legs effectively for the first time.
                                In the sea of heavy metal, you are plankton.

Comment

Working...
                                X