Big Calves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Money Man View Post
    You really can't over train calves so train them often,4-5 times a week. And follow all the good advice given already.But you do need to train them more then you are now.
    You can overtrain any muscle there genius...
    www.IronMagLabs.com

15% off on all IronMagLabs products at the IronMagLabs store= H4TW15

Comment

You guys do realalize this thread is over 4 years old though...

Just sayin cause I don't think the op even posts anymore and if he hasn't figured out how to train calves in the 4 years this threads has been up, well then.....
      www.IronMagLabs.com

Comment

Still a good read.

And now on page two.

Page 3 by 2015.
        Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

lmfao.....

OK well for shit's I'll tell you guys what I did to put an inch on mine in a month. I rarely train my calves because everyone in my family was just lucky in that deparment I guess.

Here's what I did and do when/if I train them:

Toe press superset with seated raises:

2 warm up sets with both for 20-25 reps each.

Pyramiding up in weight for the first 3 sets and then back down for 3 more on both movements followed by 10-15mins on the tread mill at a midium pace at max incline to pump as much blood as possible into them and just burn them totaly out, then stretch the shit out of them for a few minutes and call it good. I do this after quads/hams, but when I was trying to put some meat on them I did them 2-3x a week after whatever bodypart I trained that day.

It looked something like this:
          Toe press: 400lbs,20/ 500lbs,20/ 600lbs,20/ 500lbs,20/ 400lbs,20/ 300lbs to failure
          Seated Raises: 3 plates 15-20/ 4 plates 15-20, 5 plates 15-20/ 4 plates 15-20/ 3 plates 15-20/ 2 plates to failure
          15 mins on the treadmil at max incline 4.0 miles per hour
          Static stretches for 30 seconds each 3 sets

The next time I'd hit them I would do the same in revers order with twice the weight in the 8-12 rep range.

Just doing your cardio at the max incline after all your WO's will put some extra size on them too.

It doesn't take anything really at all for mine to grow so I may train them once a month or so unless I'm trying to get them silly stupid
          www.IronMagLabs.com

Comment

well Ill just come in since no one has posted in like a year an half so my calves are split 2 day a week one heavy around 6-10 reps the other 25-50 i train barefoot and do 100 slow body weight calf raises every other night for maximum burn
            "STAND PROUD! Whether youre seated, standing or even laying on your back" - Ben Pak

Comment

A friend of mine has 19.5" calves and never worked them a day in his life. Yes I'm jealous. His forearms are the same way. It's crazy how some are born with it and others aren't.

Comment

Extremely high volume has always worked well for me. My calves are very high, so every little bit of size matters. Training sessions with 100s of reps have worked in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by GSTAuthor View Post
                  Extremely high volume has always worked well for me. My calves are very high, so every little bit of size matters. Training sessions with 100s of reps have worked in the past.

Same here, high volume with several drop set's thrown in to the mix. Works for me!

Comment

great thread...i need great calf..........wait........ i need calf

Comment

Simple, a high rep day and a low rep day. Training more then 2x a week is terrible advice, best to take the advice of people who have made changes to terrible body parts and ignore the genetically gifted because they never had to work hard for anything in their lives.
                      Diversity is a code word for White Genocide

Comment

So much good info here. pluthera of knowledge.

Comment

Great information. Thanks for the advice. Off to do some donkey calf work.

Comment

I was lucky to be born genetically great calves.

And that said, I hit 'em like there is no tomorrow.

Comment

8 Calf Raise Mistakes and How to Fix Them

Comment

I've been doing superset exercises for strengthening my calves, I've experienced that posture plays a major role while doing such exercises.

Comment

Working...
                                X