Bike or Treadmill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BarbellBeast View Post
    Did you know being in that hunched position for an extended peroid of time can cut circulation to your member and do some long term ED damage.
    Hahaha.. I'm not training for the tour de france.. just 2 hours of cardio per week.. hmm.. ok, 1 - 2 hours of cardio per week.. Plus Muscle-Tech has a product that boosts ya test levels by 4 trillion percent.. so there's nothing to worry about...

Good luck on ya purchase..

~G
    Save $$$ by using discount code - GDD106 - at TrueProtein.com - Thx!

Comment

Ultimately it's your decision and I'll respect that...but I'm just saying, running shoes for outside when it's not raining and then a set up like the one below. You can get a nicely built road bike that will last you a lifetime for $500-$700 ($2400 if you're a dumbass like me) and an indoor trainer for $150. This would let you ride indoors or outdoors and the best thing about a bike is it's not boring when you ride...time flies by before you know it. You'll just keep accumulating miles and getting fitter without even realizing it. I guarantee it. Also if you have the money you could do something like a manual treadmill...I'm not sure how they work but I think I heard it burns more calories using a treadmill you have to power yourself.

Comment

tread for sure. i like the upper body movment it gives me. I feel like it loosens up my upper body a little bit
        Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.
        F.I.T. Corps

Comment

This is what I got. Cost me $130

It's worked wonders for me.

Comment

I prefer a bike over a treadmill, especially the Schwinn Airdyne. If the weather is nice, I prefer cardio outside, such as hill sprints over the equipment.

Comment

Anyone else get pains in their knees when they cycle? I've started having a pain in my left knee when I cycle into college. Might just start walking in.

Comment

Whatever your more likely to use. The bike will probably last you longer than the treadmill, and you could always walk outside.
                Turn the other cheek and I'll break your fucking chin.

Comment

Between the bike & the treadmill, I go with the bike.... between the bike and the elliptical... I choose the elliptical.. Since we're now including that as a possible option..

~G
                  Last edited by GameDayDog; February 9th, 2009, 05:13 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

Originally posted by DublinLarry View Post
                    Anyone else get pains in their knees when they cycle? I've started having a pain in my left knee when I cycle into college. Might just start walking in.
                    How much and how often are you riding? What kind of pedal setup are you running? Is your bike fitted properly, seat height set correctly? There are many factors.

Comment

If your serious about losing the weight, it won't matter how boring the treadmill is.
                      "Push Harder"

Comment

I set up my elliptical in front of my tv and the time breezes by. Sometimes I go longer than I'm supposed to because I'm caught up in what I'm watching.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveV View Post
                          I set up my elliptical in front of my tv and the time breezes by. Sometimes I go longer than I'm supposed to because I'm caught up in what I'm watching.
                          I do that... I usually watch Sportscenter... Then one day, I was exhausted.. and I was thynkin'... How long is thys dayum episode... - Instead of 1 hour.. it was a 1 hour and 30 minute special... That happened once and only once..

~G

Comment

Originally posted by GameDayDog View Post
                            I do that... I usually watch Sportscenter... Then one day, I was exhausted.. and I was thynkin'... How long is thys dayum episode... - Instead of 1 hour.. it was a 1 hour and 30 minute special... That happened once and only once..

~G
                            lol... The Price is Right is another good show. You can play along and forget what you're doing.

Comment

Personally, I would say bike

Comment

I prefer to use a bike, because I really love to ride a bike. Also, with this, you can spend a lot more calories.
                                I personally use the ChillaFish balance bike from phillypedals.com
                                This is a great bike that has served me for several years now. I am very pleased that I once purchased it!
                                Last edited by FREEDDAWG; July 27th, 2020, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X