X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RandomHero
    replied
    Originally posted by Pearce View Post
    reverse bench presses -- its not really a secret exercise but hardly anyone does them, awesome for triceops and improving bench power

description - use reverse grip on normal bench press
    Deffinately this

Bench has gone up considerably since i started incorporating these two months ago.

Leave a comment:

• Nalbandian1987
    replied
    For something different for side laterals. I take heavy dumbells 70-90lbs and do partial laterals to the SIDE (keeping elbows semi locked and no swinging! Very short motion) after a pressing motion. Most people think it wouldnt work, but it really does fry the side delt. A National level BB showed me that. I guess its because its way more than you would normally use with proper form for the same exercise and the constant tension on the delts.

Leave a comment:

• Samson9903
    replied
    I like to do a cable giant set for shoulders. I do side laterals..rear's..and front raises for one giant set. do 4 sets and your delts are smoked..after doing presses of course. Great pump. I only do these every so often. But its a killer.

Leave a comment:

• Pulse01
    replied
    Oh man, I just did another insane exercise in my shoulder workout today too! It's called the "Rock 'N' Reach" and it is hardcore!

Execution:

Hold two dumbbells like about to do an overhead press, going lighter than usual. Press one DB overhead and as elbow reaches full extension, lean slightly to the opposite side and reach high and over with the working arm. As you return to the start position, begin the same overhead press, lean and reach motion with the opposite arm; don't wait until your first arm is all the the way back down before starting with the other. "Allow your body to rock back and forth under control, you should feel your obliques kick in big time!"

Credit for this exercise and caption on execution goes to M&F Sep 2009

Leave a comment:

• Julienne_Salad
    replied
    Originally posted by Dieseldru View Post
    How exactly would you perform these? And how do you position your hands?

I'm just wondering how to grip the rope on pulldowns. Do you feel it a lot in your biceps?
    I watched a Heath vid (might have been the same one) and he used a pulldown with a rope, explaining that it simulates the initial part of the rear lat spread when you draw your elbows into your sides. But he wasn't in the lat pulldown 'station'; he just used the cable with the pulley high, and, while standing, basically pulled the rope with an overhand grip to his waist, keeping his elbows in tight.

I might have that wrong so someone correct me.

Leave a comment:

• Thelittleone
    replied
    or do deadlifts with 25ib plates that sucks, also tbar rows with 25's so you can get those hands in the gut, to many times do i see people use 45's let it hit their chest, and their only doing half a rep.

Leave a comment:

• Thelittleone
    replied
    Deadlifts with 50% of your predicted 1rm, then start adding chains, nothing to destroy ur whole body, those chains blow, eventually youll almost work up to your max with 75 ibs of chains on each side, and the further you get up the harder it is, talking about using the strength curve you your advantage

Leave a comment:

• Dieseldru
    replied
    Originally posted by bigbadwolf00 View Post
    I see a lot of people do bar pulldowns but I like it better with a rope. I saw Phil Heath do it on his Olympia prep videos and thought it was the best thing to get that squeeze in the back.
    How exactly would you perform these? And how do you position your hands?

I'm just wondering how to grip the rope on pulldowns. Do you feel it a lot in your biceps?

Leave a comment:

• Kontour
    replied
    Incline dumbbell press with a bench set at a very small angle, like 15 degrees. Feels more natural than flat bench and you can do more weight than a higher degree incline. This exercise is the tits.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I foam-roll my forearms.

Leave a comment:

• alex6810
    replied
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjXJSuAwy1I

Leave a comment:

• Julienne_Salad
    replied
    Originally posted by Kontour View Post
    Close-grip incline barbell presses. Really hits the tris from a different angle and squeezes the upper/inner chest nicely.
    Cool idea I'll have to try that.

Leave a comment:

• Kontour
    replied
    Close-grip incline barbell presses. Really hits the tris from a different angle and squeezes the upper/inner chest nicely.

Leave a comment:

• rantorcha
    replied
    I've been liking a couple diff exercises for chest and chest that have been really doing some damage. I learned these when I trained with Eric Broser using his Power, Rep Range, Shock principles...

For Chest, using the Smith Machine (I do it as an incline movement), set the pins at about 1.5 inch from your chest. Bring it down on the pins at a full stop, then press. It KILLS!

Same type of thing for Delts....use the Smith machine and do the same for shoulder presses.

Give them a whirl....good shizzzz.

Leave a comment:

• Julienne_Salad
    replied
    One I like to do is on the Hammer Strength Dip Machine. I sit backwards on the chair, with my back on the pad, rather than my chest. I grab the handles in the bench press position, buckle myself down tightly (as the knee pads are on the other side), and bend forward aggressively at the waist. I then press down, it hits the pec/delt connection with great intensity. It just basically mimics a weighted dip where you bend forward to hit the upper chest.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X