This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low cable pulley french press.
    Great stretch and resistance the whole way through.
    People used to look at me like I had four f_cking heads when I'd do 'em, though.
    Most times I find that stupid people don't know they're fucking stupid unless you tell 'em they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrbuff0329 View Post
      skull crushers...dips...pull overs...bent over rows..dumbell press...dead lift...SQUATS!!!!
      winner

Comment

• Dorian Yates bent over rows (70 degree angle) with either supinated or overhand grip, going heavy, 405 lbs x5 reps, great for massive lat development. Stretching between sets

Comment

• my fave is the incline bench curls and you twist ur hands in at the top so your bicep peaks higher. if youve never tried it before, itll make em from pretty fast

Comment

• Working the rear delts on the side lateral shoulder machine by positioning myself on the machine and pushing with the back my arm on the pad, it takes a few times doing the movement to get it down but it works really good

Comment

• I have seen great growth in the rear traps making them into volcanoes from modifying the shrug.

*Shrug- Do your normal set of shrugs, ie dumbell shrugs, then immediately get a 45 lb plate, preferably the kind with hand grips, and put it behind your back (one handed) and shrug. Take much caution in your form making sure to perform a shrug with true range of motion or else you will end up working your elbow or just not get a burn period. Switch arms, and perform. Then using both hands, grasp and shrug or just sqeeze at the top of the range of motion.
              I pretty much invented this for myself, but I think it is actually a Dorian Yates exercise.

Comment

• I would also like to mention a forgotten classic for biceps,
                The ARM BLASTER

(Do you think the arm blaster is positioned a little low? I use it higher up on my triceps and elbows). I have short arms too though.

Comment

• OK - not really secret, but some of my favourite exercises.

Straight Arm Lat Pulldown - this I really enjoy - has given me some nice definition in my back - always ends up burning my triceps and kills the abs. If I want to hit the abs particularly hard, I'll do this exercise the day after an intense abs session just to really f**k them up.

Reverse grip tricep pushdown - each rep really slow and controlled to get a real burn in the tris - I'll do this as the second exercise of a superset with regular bar pushdown

Leg Presses - every so often I do a 4 position set for 10 reps each position and no rest in between. Starting with the feet wide apart, then angle the toes out about 15 degrees then I put the feet in close together then from there move the feet out 15 degrees again. Really messes the legs up and is good for hitting the teardrops

Comment

• - Legs/back/cardio/ - Pulling tractor tires up the old semi ramp behind the gym
                    - Rear delts - Throw a rope with handles attached to it over a pullup bar, grab the handles, lean back and pull yourself up like you're doing a reverse flye
                    - Legs - Walking BB lunges in a zig-zag pattern...just step out wider than normal
                    - Tris - Reverse-grip skullcrushers (make sure you have a spotter!)
                    Somewhere between Occam's Razor & Murphy's Law

Comment

• Standing overhead single arm dumbbell press, I never see anyone do it but it is an unbelievable exercise!
                      Speed Kills, Strength Punishes

Comment

• Hammer grip dumbbell raises for shoulders. Palms facing in front of you, raise arms straight up from sides.

Deadlifts with bar behind the legs (BEAST LIFT). Your legs arent in the way. For me I was able to deadlift 730lbs from lowest power rack setting doing them this way. Cant reccomend them though cuz I fucked up my back doing all kinds of crazy shit with deads and the other brutalities of my training.
                        Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
                        Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

Comment

• Also a dropset I came up with for preacher curls. Load the cambered bar to the max with 10lb plates. Usually 5 or 6 per side. Curl til failure, drop a ten off each side, and repeat until there are no plates left. I would usually got through 2-3 cycles of this as part of my bicep routine getting 60-80 reps total per set. There is no rest between sets.
                          Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
                          Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

Comment

• seated rope rows, i know its not really all that uncommon, but they put an awesome burn in the lower lats and mid back. just attach a rope to the seated row cable, grab both ends above the knot and row like you were doing close grips, hold the contraction for a sec at the top.

Comment

• why is this thread in the nutrition forum???

Comment

• arnold press and pullovers

Comment

Working...
                                X