X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julienne_Salad
    replied
    Originally posted by speedy View Post
    Yup - that's the one I just learned - do it toward the end of the workout & feel it!
    This is a great one. I actually lean forward slightly to compensate for the angle of the Smith Machine, and I go up on my tiptoes (without surging with the ankles). I find the stretch and pinch better.

Leave a comment:

• Dtlv74
    replied
    I do several exercises that few people do that get me odd looks in the gym... or maybe it's just my funny lookin face that gets weird glances. Anyway...

For triceps - JM Presses

For Lats - bentarm closegrip decline pullovers

- one arm rows holding a short barbell in the middle (extra demand on supporting muscles to keep bar balanced makes it a great exercise)

For chest & serratus - straightarm widegrip pullovers

For traps, core, legs - overhead squat

For legs - bulgarian (single leg) squats

For traps - overhead shrugs
    - high pulls
    - powercleans

Leave a comment:

• Elephantbattlezone
    replied
    real heavy one arm dumbell snatch, for reps.....helps me break though my strength plataue's..........except for the bench.......lets say im feeling week in the shoulders and back, well i will come into my gym and do nothing but superset deadlift's with the db snatch or the bb snatch............like the video.....then when it gets to be too much for me to snatch, i clean and press it, when im too fucked to do that i start to clean it, and when i finaly fail at that........its upright rows from off the ground........then i stop, and do my deadlifts and repeat...until i cant do it anymore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1irxT...eature=related

Leave a comment:

• bigbadwolf00
    replied
    I see a lot of people do bar pulldowns but I like it better with a rope. I saw Phil Heath do it on his Olympia prep videos and thought it was the best thing to get that squeeze in the back.

Leave a comment:

• getalotofit
    replied
    sitn at a pulldown and curling bhind tha head.

Leave a comment:

• BigRigBrian
    replied
    Originally posted by Vince Goodrum View Post
    I do Gymnastic Iron Crosses. Keeps my waist around 31 in the offseason and 28 at competition
    I dont know if it is the same but I do a shoulder exercise called iron crosses. a friend used to do kettelbell training, that is where he learned it. he passed that one on to me. how is your version done...im guessing holding yourself up with your arms parallel to the floor like they do in the rings? sounds painful!!

Leave a comment:

• Okinawa_Power
    replied
    I don't have any.....Just basic exercises.......

Leave a comment:

• Trapman3000
    replied
    Decline dumbell/barbell skull crushes

One arm power cleans with dumbell

Leave a comment:

• dapr0
    replied
    CAble dips, hopefully your gym has the pulleys close apart about 6 feet like mine . Sit on a bench in between the handles lean forward like a dip, push handles down like a dip. Kills your chest

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    one arm scott curls with a dumbbell on a preacher pad....

Leave a comment:

• Getting_Swolez
    replied
    Honestly - weighted pushups. They are seriously neglected, but are a great natural movements.

Leave a comment:

• Trumetal
    replied
    I'll usually drink about 23 shots of Evan Williams on a friday night and then start to pick up random cars, break tree branches, and toss trash cans full of trash on my way to the bars. You would be surprised how sore you are in the morning not to mention the insane pump you get.

Leave a comment:

• mightybull
    replied
    lying pull down for triceps
    reverse front raises with barbell for shoulders

Leave a comment:

• bruno
    replied
    Back- 1 arm t-bar rows. It's a lot like dumbell rows but works when the dumbells in the gym don't go up high enough. Use 25 or 35 pound plates for a good ROM.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAAUAqIdKrw&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - 1 arm t bar row[/ame]

Trap Bar Rows- Just like a barbell rows, but the trap bar allows you a great ROM.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-jAMRZAD6A&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Trap Bar Rows 225x12[/ame]

Hamstrings- Sumo RDL. Hits the hamstrings harder than a typical RDL with less stress on the low back.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce0HPOuNDWw&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Sumo RDL w Fat Bar[/ame]

Quads- Bulgarian Split Squats with added ROM. Putting the front leg on a step makes it harder and leads to greater flexibility.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te3_5e-zgW8&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Bulgarian split squat w/ added ROM[/ame]

I really like to try new exercises so I do a bunch of different variations.

Leave a comment:

• kingkodd
    replied
    wrist roller for forearms

Leave a comment:

Working...
X