What is muscle maturity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psypower
    Arnold also retired like 27-29years old. Are the so called experts saying he never reached a level of muscle maturity.
    Exactly.
    "Life is about choices: tap, nap, or SNAP!" ~ Future UFC Lightweight Champion Marcus Hicks

Comment

Muscle maturity is the condition of a particular muscle or grouping that has undergone and adapted to years of continuous hyper-atrophy and has developed accordingly

Comment

^Cool definition. But what are the features of this so called matured muscle?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Shoulders
          Muscle maturity is the condition of a particular muscle or grouping that has undergone and adapted to years of continuous hyper-atrophy and has developed accordingly
          Yeah, cool definition. Now can someone please post evidence of it's actual existance?
          "Life is about choices: tap, nap, or SNAP!" ~ Future UFC Lightweight Champion Marcus Hicks

Comment

Guys, there aren't going to be many articles regarding the science behind muscle maturity in bodybuilders. Go do some research on why the meat of younger mammals is more tender and you'll get some good info.

Comment

Maybe this will make it easier. Rank these 2008 olympia pros according to levels of maturity. Then we can get an update of age, length of training, to see the real factors concerning 'muscle maturity' Perhaps there are alternative factors i.e. genetics, type of anabolic used. etc.

Jay Cutler
              Dexter Jackson
              Johnny Jackson
              Dennis Wolf
              Toney Freeman
              Phil Heath
              Craig Richardson
              Dareem Charles
              David Henry
              Gustavo Baddell
              Melvin Anthony
              Fouad Abiad
              Silvio Samuel

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinBB
                Guys, there aren't going to be many articles regarding the science behind muscle maturity in bodybuilders. Go do some research on why the meat of younger mammals is more tender and you'll get some good info.
                So your definition is the more tender the muscle the less muscle maturity.

Comment

muscle that is mature, gimmie the money

Comment

I always thought muscle maturity was that very full and developed shape of muscle that one can only achieve with many years of experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Loco
                      Personaly i think it's a bullshit term invented to try and separate a more known competitor from one relatively new to the scene. The young guy can come in looking just as good and in just as good condition as the rest, but they will inevitably not place him high enough even though he deserves it. I think It's because the judges are used to looking at a more estalished competitor and will thus place that one higher unless he comes in really off. That's when all this "muscle maturity" shit starts being tossed around.
                      ^^^^ yes yes yes ! ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by psypower
                        Arnold also retired like 27-29years old. Are the so called experts saying he never reached a level of muscle maturity.

True, but look at the "look" he had in, say, 1975 vs. 1971. He was definitely bigger in 71, but looked more "complete" and "polished" in 75. By 75 he had plenty of development in each muscle group, knew how to get in top shape (i.e. had his condition down pat), and knew how to show his body to his advantage. Now, maybe that isn't specifically "muscle" maturity per se. But, it is the mark of a seasoned competitor that knows himself. And, the results show a more refined bodybuilder.
                        Nov.1st MD improvement contest

Comment

but Phil Heath only has about 6 years under his belt & doesnt look much different to any of the veteran pros.. so whats it all about

Is it years of training?
                          Years of AAS?
                          Years of dieting down for contest that takes a toll on the muscle?
                          Age?
                          Genetics?
                          Bullshit?

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Loco
                            Personaly i think it's a bullshit term invented to try and separate a more known competitor from one relatively new to the scene. The young guy can come in looking just as good and in just as good condition as the rest, but they will inevitably not place him high enough even though he deserves it. I think It's because the judges are used to looking at a more estalished competitor and will thus place that one higher unless he comes in really off. That's when all this "muscle maturity" shit starts being tossed around.
                            I agree.
                            anabolicsociety.com

Comment

muscle maturity.
                              pm me for an address to my favorite charity whereyou can send the $500.

www.bodybybryan.org

Comment

Google "muscle maturity". There are some interesting reads out there.

NYC BIG MIKE
                                Looking for the "gang of 20".

Comment

Working...
                                X