What is muscle maturity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is muscle maturity?

to quote a fellow MD Member this is muscle maturity?
    Attached Files
    Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Comment

old muscle? What immature muscles?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Shoulders
        Sorry dude, you def got great guns- but neither seperated og defined!
        Muscle maturity is comlete and utter bs!

Comment

Originally posted by Norway Power
          Muscle maturity comes from a thinning of the fascia tissue surrounding the muscles allowing more separation between muscles and especially in the muscles themselves. This comes from years of training, also an older man or woman has thinner skin which allows the onion look a younger bodybuilder has trouble achieving
          Great post and info, thanks
          I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Originally posted by UkrainianGuy
            to quote a fellow MD Member this is muscle maturity?
            No the guy on the right is all about medicare and socialsecURITY
            I am near 50 now and will admit the ol boy in the pic could beat my fat ass in a posedown now.
            I am off to the treadmill, now......
            I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Originally posted by chris mason
              It is just a coined name to describe a particular look that some bodybuilders achieve, nothing more...
              Coined name sounds right to me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Synth
                Good Point!!!!
                Geriatric flesh tastes tough compared to teenagers.
                Mature muscle needs to be BBQ'd and or slow cooked over a low pit fire.
                I think this is more compelling than the thinning fascia idea - I mean, how thin can fascia get before it just snaps!

Case in point is veal; known for it's tender texture. Veal is also affected by how a calf is fed leading up to it being sliced and diced. There seems to be a change in muscular architecture over the years - influenced by diet and physical demands (training). The questions is then what? What is it that causes muscle to become tough? And, does "tough" muscle look better at low body fats... this idea seems to align well with the "grainy" look.
                Ramblings and gear: WarriorFX.com : 500-word winners in 2008

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

Comment

^^very good point. Hopefully we can get Dave Palumbo's input on this

Comment

I would have thought it is just about how hard somebody looks on stage. Dont think it has anything to do with age because look at Phil Heath. It's just a stupid term.

Comment

Originally posted by chris mason
                      Really? Refer me to the papers that provided me the information you stated so that I might confirm the information.
                      I do not think you have read what I said:

"English and Wolf have writen good reviews about it"
                      My web site : http://www.michaelgundill.com/

Comment

Originally posted by psypower
                        muscle maturity. What does it mean & how can you tell?
                        It means someone is trying to justify the fact that Dexter Jackson will place ahead of Phil Heath at this year's O.

Comment

are you suggesting by this thread that the term is in itself just a random thing that's thrown out to justify instances such as the one where Dexter Jackson beat Phil Heath?

I don't know if I agree or disagree... looking at younger competitors, there does seem to be a difference in muscle quality between younger guys, even good ones like heath and centopani, vs. older guys... but I'm not an expert, and someone like Dennis Wolf kind of looks about as "mature" as other competitors, so who knows

Comment

Originally posted by curtjames
                            It means someone is trying to justify the fact that Dexter Jackson will place ahead of Phil Heath at this year's O.

wow, ok, so I'm clearly not the only one who saw the dexter/heath connotation

Comment

Well, I believe Dexter Jackson and Phil Heath are apples and apples a.k.a. very similar in appearance although Heath has better arms and calves and I like his abs better than Jackson's. To me it's muscle maturity, schmuscle schmaturity.

In other words, Bunk.

But I'm nearsighted, so...

Comment

Originally posted by The_Halfmoon
                                are you suggesting by this thread that the term is in itself just a random thing that's thrown out to justify instances such as the one where Dexter Jackson beat Phil Heath?

I don't know if I agree or disagree... looking at younger competitors, there does seem to be a difference in muscle quality between younger guys, even good ones like heath and centopani, vs. older guys... but I'm not an expert, and someone like Dennis Wolf kind of looks about as "mature" as other competitors, so who knows
                                I'm sure there's something to it for many people (not me especially), but certainly "muscle maturity" has been trotted out quite a lot recently when speaking of Heath versus Jackson. Perhaps too often.

Comment

Working...
                                X