Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can bodybuilders target and develop the "inner" chest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can bodybuilders target and develop the "inner" chest?

Yes it's another chest training thread. I have a week chest but I'm realy lacking a inner chest, can you help me by giving me some tips to help grow my inner chest, thanks.
    Though the pain may come over you, never let it overcome you.

Flat barbell presses- builds the most muscle. You cannot shape muscle, only grow or shrink it. See your build right now, it will stay the same, only get bigger.
    Trueprotein.com 5% Discount code- KEM010

Comment

someone starts an inner chest thread every few months, we're used to it by now.

Like youngguns said there is no way to shape a muscle; there is no such thing as inner chest, just focus on building your overall chest, that's all you can do

Comment

Hey thanks fellas
        Though the pain may come over you, never let it overcome you.

Comment

Flat dumbbell press gives a better contraction than barbell
          Cable cross overs
          Pain is Temporary, Pride is Forever

Comment

Pick any compound chest exercise....

however much weight you can lift for ten reps......get strong enough to add 100 lbs to your ten rep max.

Wow, a greatly improved inner chest!

Comment

inner chest is hit with a wider grip on a pressing movements. depending on the part of the inner if it upper, miiddle or lower. do flyes at that angle. do the flyes that pros are doing to be able to get more weight. its like a mix of a press/ flye. where your elbows are a 70-90 degree bent. if you youtube it you'll see how Victor and Jay do it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckattude View Post
                inner chest is hit with a wider grip on a pressing movements. depending on the part of the inner if it upper, miiddle or lower. do flyes at that angle. do the flyes that pros are doing to be able to get more weight. its like a mix of a press/ flye. where your elbows are a 70-90 degree bent. if you youtube it you'll see how Victor and Jay do it.
                Worst advice I have read all year in the training section. Please do not post any advice until you at least learn basic Anatomy and Physiology.

Comment

Originally posted by ForemanRules View Post
                  Worst advice I have read all year in the training section. Please do not post any advice until you at least learn basic Anatomy and Physiology.
                  Foreman, what is the best way to develop my bicep peak and my lower bicep?

Comment

Originally posted by ForemanRules View Post

HA...

Comment

So if there's no way to isolate individual parts of the muscle then why do more than one type of exercise? If presses hit your chest, then why would you include flyes at all? (Before I get flamed, I would like to say that I agree completely with the fact that you can't hit isolate the inner chest and everything. Reading it just made me suddenly wonder what the point of flyes are if presses do your whole chest)
                      It's not that I'm lazy; it's that I just don't care.

Comment

I think what chuckattude may have been refering to is like a rotational bench- there a pic below. I wouldn't take to wide a grip on any press or it can wreck havoc on your shoulders, on flyes keep a good bend in the elbow and perform a hugging like movement. While you can't nessasarily shape a muscle you can add more to a certian area- for example if you wanted to bring up your upper chest the inclines would do that. If you wanted a more round appearance to your shoulder then dumbbell side laterals would show a more rounded appearance then if you did only presses. BY stressing a specific area, and giving it more attention it will grow. You have to devote it to that area though. If you were to just a do a well rounded chest routine- you'd have a well rounded chest, nothing would stand out and everything would be in proportion. Now this routine is a total chest routine but will hit the inner especially- it wont throw off your symetry. Give this routine a shot.
                        Incline Dumbbell Press- 2X20(warmup)
                        Incline Dumbell Press-4X8
                        Roatational Flat Dumbell Bench Press- 4X10
                        Incline Flyes- 2X12
                        Flat Flyes- 2X12
                        Cable Crossovers- 4X12-15

Comment

Originally posted by Norway Power View Post
                          Yes it's another chest training thread. I have a week chest but I'm realy lacking a inner chest, can you help me by giving me some tips to help grow my inner chest, thanks.

no such thing dude, only upper and lower chest because they are actual muscles. you can stimulate them each by selecting special exercises like incline and decline presses.

but what you cant do is target part of a muscle fiber like inner and outer chest. or like bicep peak.

Comment

I like/feel dumbell presses and a closer grip on the barbell for more of a inner chest feel. Of course, exagerating the contraction with mind/muscle shit. LOL, technical, I knowz

Comment

whats always has helped my whole chest develop including inner chest is dips. I like to throw dips in at the end of my workout. 3-4 sets for as many reps as possible. some people like to add wieght, but it hurts my shoulders.

Comment

Working...
                              X