Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
See more
See less

navy and bodybuilding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• navy and bodybuilding

I am thinking of enlisting in the Navy and have a few questions for anyone who has enlisted. How are the gyms on the basis and what about on the ships when you deploy. I know bootcamp is strict but when you graduate, is it easy too meet the nutrition requirements for body building?

The armed services have some kick ass gyms. There is a thread on here somewhere about the best gyms and all the service guys having nothing but good things to say. Once you're out of boot camp, you should be ok with eating with some planning.

NYC BIG MIKE

ps Here is that thread...... http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=23499
    Looking for the "gang of 20".

Comment

hey bro yea like he said the military has some of the best gyms and depending where your at some are fucking hardcore all the way as far as the navy goes you shouldnt have to much of a problem with nutrition and there pt(physical training) is a joke IMO, but thats coming from a marine. i've never been on ship but i know from some friends that getting in a good workout on ship sucks because they have limited space, weights,and time plus a couple thousand folks tryin to get in also but for the most part you'll be ok bbing and being in the navy good luck to you bro from you brother in arms!!! Semper fi.
      I'M JUST A BIG HAIRY AMERICAN WINNING MACHINE.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.bell_85 View Post
        hey bro yea like he said the military has some of the best gyms and depending where your at some are fucking hardcore all the way as far as the navy goes you shouldnt have to much of a problem with nutrition and there pt(physical training) is a joke IMO, but thats coming from a marine. i've never been on ship but i know from some friends that getting in a good workout on ship sucks because they have limited space, weights,and time plus a couple thousand folks tryin to get in also but for the most part you'll be ok bbing and being in the navy good luck to you bro from you brother in arms!!! Semper fi.
        Hey bro I'm going in the Corps as an officer next year. Is it difficult to maintain leg size with all the running?
        Myth's training blog:

Comment

MYTH, well i guess it depends on a few things ive had a horrible time keeping size on due to training, pt, and deployment. but im pretty sure you being a officer will have to work a bit harder maintianing because officers are the example and you guys run like a muthaf***er, but on the flip side i've met some jacked officers although they usually have small legs compared to there upper body. anyways i've been thinking about become a officer thru the MECEP program im goning on 5 yrs in so i dont really now yet.

Comment

thank you. yes there is no comparrison between navy and marine training from the physical stand point. i just honestly couldn't handle it mentally, physically i'd be fine.

Comment

naw bro don't even sweat it you'll be fine trust me!!! i put my rep. on it!!

Comment

naw bro don't even sweat it you'll be fine trust me!!! i put my rep. on it!!
                lol i have 3 boys in iraq n they are like they break your ass down in the marines. i know it's extremely hard physically but i could handle that. it's just the mental part i think i'd have trouble with. maybe i'm wrong but it is the most elite group for a reason. i have no reason to brag and say it would be nothing, i'm so tough lol.

Comment

ok are you joining the Navy or the Marines im a lil confused on that im mean yea the Marines break off a good can of whoop ass and mentally its very tough but as far as the Navy goes for all the sailors and corpsman i've talked to and former sailors in the M.C. they say is not really that mentally tough but i guess different shit affects people differently the best advice i can give you is to get in to good running condition Marines do 3 miles with up to 28 min time limt navy is 1 1/2 i think with up to like 16 or 18 min. time limit and they have the option to do it on bike also you have to realize that what happens isnt always personal so you have to have that "fuck it" mentality where you dont get pissed you just do it. trust me if they see you get frustrated they will go after that and if your going navy push-ups and crunches are a must or Marines 20 pull-ups and 100 crunchs in 2 min, thats for 100 points a piece im not sure for the navy thou!

Comment

ok are you joining the Navy or the Marines im a lil confused on that im mean yea the Marines break off a good can of whoop ass and mentally its very tough but as far as the Navy goes for all the sailors and corpsman i've talked to and former sailors in the M.C. they say is not really that mentally tough but i guess different shit affects people differently the best advice i can give you is to get in to good running condition Marines do 3 miles with up to 28 min time limt navy is 1 1/2 i think with up to like 16 or 18 min. time limit and they have the option to do it on bike also you have to realize that what happens isnt always personal so you have to have that "fuck it" mentality where you dont get pissed you just do it. trust me if they see you get frustrated they will go after that and if your going navy push-ups and crunches are a must or Marines 20 pull-ups and 100 crunchs in 2 min, thats for 100 points a piece im not sure for the navy thou!
                    i am joining the navy, i was re-ferring to the marine training.

Comment

oh, ok well yea you should be ok it'll be a new experience have fun with hell not everyone can do!! good luck you bro!

Comment

The Military generally has great recreation and fitness facilities, Here is a list of fitness facilities in the Pacific Northwest.

http://www.navylifepnw.com/site/182/...st-Center.aspx

Shipboard the facilties will depend on the ship size and type. I was on a Submarine that had only a nordic track ski machine in the late 80's. I've also been on aircraft carriers that had full gyms and surface ships that had basketball hoops set up topside.

Comment

Originally posted by dave43 View Post
                          The Military generally has great recreation and fitness facilities, Here is a list of fitness facilities in the Pacific Northwest.

http://www.navylifepnw.com/site/182/...st-Center.aspx

Shipboard the facilties will depend on the ship size and type. I was on a Submarine that had only a nordic track ski machine in the late 80's. I've also been on aircraft carriers that had full gyms and surface ships that had basketball hoops set up topside.
                          what about during a-school

Comment

Originally posted by vargasty View Post
                            what about during a-school
                            hey bro im in the navy. Its very possible, im doing it. During boot camp well just do what you can it sucks. Its just boring.

A-School - well your always having these little musters and room inspections so it makes it kind of tuff. You really have to plan your day out. Shakes are good during A-School. Depends on where you go and whats your rate? Because some A-Schools have higher demanding PT programs. Personally i got a waiver so i didnt have to run(even though im like a cheeta) so i just got to muster then workout in the gym.

Once you get to your first command its basically like a 9-5 bro. What you do with your time is dependant on you. I mean you'll have to stand a watch here and there but its just part of the job. Most likely youll be living in the barracks im guessing so youll either have time to get drunk or lift weights. You get free meals to. Galley food is ok its pretty much the same all over. Your going to have to buy some of your meals though if your living the BB'er "lifestyle". So youll be fine. As far as ships gyms.. ive only been on carriers and they all have nice gyms, atleast the ones i been on.

If you ever go on deployment i suggest making a big order of protein and bring it with you. Find a way to stuff it into your locker. Because meals are harder to come by. Youll get your 3-4 solid meals a day but other than that your going to need shakes.

Comment

Originally posted by MilitaryMuscle View Post
                              hey bro im in the navy. Its very possible, im doing it. During boot camp well just do what you can it sucks. Its just boring.

A-School - well your always having these little musters and room inspections so it makes it kind of tuff. You really have to plan your day out. Shakes are good during A-School. Depends on where you go and whats your rate? Because some A-Schools have higher demanding PT programs. Personally i got a waiver so i didnt have to run(even though im like a cheeta) so i just got to muster then workout in the gym.

Once you get to your first command its basically like a 9-5 bro. What you do with your time is dependant on you. I mean you'll have to stand a watch here and there but its just part of the job. Most likely youll be living in the barracks im guessing so youll either have time to get drunk or lift weights. You get free meals to. Galley food is ok its pretty much the same all over. Your going to have to buy some of your meals though if your living the BB'er "lifestyle". So youll be fine. As far as ships gyms.. ive only been on carriers and they all have nice gyms, atleast the ones i been on.

If you ever go on deployment i suggest making a big order of protein and bring it with you. Find a way to stuff it into your locker. Because meals are harder to come by. Youll get your 3-4 solid meals a day but other than that your going to need shakes.
                              will i be able to train durin a-school

Comment

Working...
                              X