Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
See more
See less

navy and bodybuilding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Military Muscle,

I quote you......"i was just saying that if you dont want to get deployed over in Iraq then dont sign up for corpsman."

Even other ratings will be deployed to either OIF or OEF. The Navy does need other MOSs/Ratings in those areas.
    What I am trying to say is that, if you are thinking that you will never be deployed and just want to stay state-side....why bother joining the military ?
    Face it, we have bases all around the world. If Iraq/Afghanistan/etc. is on your orders, so be it.
    But, to take a job (or not take it) just because it will land you in FMF (which isn't that bad IMO) or overseas, is not a good thing to tell a new recruit. It will give him a lot of medical training that he would otherwise spend a crap-load of money to do through a school....if they want to be paramedics or something else in the medical field.
    Not dogging ya, Bro. Just stating an informed opinion after over 12 yrs in 2 different branches of the military (Navy and Army)

Respectfully,
    Manny

Comment

• Originally posted by mafuentesjr View Post
      Absolutely enjoyed my year at Fort Ben as well as my four years onboard the USS Richard E. Byrd (DDG-23).

Was that an Adams Class Destroyer ? I was onboard the USS Robison (DDG-12). West Coast.
      The Byrd was an Adams Class. She was sold for parts and then sank as target practice.

A friend who stayed in the service sent me pics of her going down. Great ship and great crew.

I received my honorable discharge more than 20 years ago. Ha! Crazy to think. Time does fly.

Comment

• I am on a ARLEIGH BURKE flight 2A. DDG-83. USS HOWARD. GUNS are looking swole VARGASTY. I will be there tomorrow after work around 1600 or so. Its chest day or legs.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigSwole33 View Post
          I am on a ARLEIGH BURKE flight 2A. DDG-83. USS HOWARD. GUNS are looking swole VARGASTY. I will be there tomorrow after work around 1600 or so. Its chest day or legs.
          Sorry bro, Im working the "Mid-SHift" now from 2100-0500 and I hit the gym at 0600 lol. Kind of sucks but it's an easy day, no cars come through the gates after 2200....

Comment

• Hey i will be competing next year at the san diego show, and the all forces show after that. maybe we could both do the show, if you are interested in competing. Its quite an experience.

Comment

Hey i will be competing next year at the san diego show, and the all forces show after that. maybe we could both do the show, if you are interested in competing. Its quite an experience.
              WITH OUT A DOUBT LOL. I see flyers for all the shows near us in the gym. I'd definitly be down to hit one up and check it out also if you'd like to go some time. i'll just drop a special lib chit for that day....

Comment

• Hey you around still. I just got back from deployment. Are you still training? Hit me up

Comment

Hey you around still. I just got back from deployment. Are you still training? Hit me up
                  I'll be back from leave this monday. I work day shit 05 a.m. until 1700 pm.

Comment

• Just the sound of that word, LEAVE, puts a smile on my face. Thirty days of leave or vacation every year! BOOM!

I hope your Christmas has been a blast, vargasty!

Comment

Working...
                    X