USMC Height and Weight Standards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USMC Height and Weight Standards

is anybody else having a problem with this? Im 5'6 190 pounds at 16% bodyfat just under the max.I hate these new rules. just wondering what everyone else opionion is on this.

I WAS 28lbs above my max weight of 192, and they simply took pics and sent them to the board to be verified and i was good to go!
    Myth's training blog:

Comment

yeah my max weight is 170. so im about 20 lbs over but my chain of command is how do i put this the nicest way possiable a little slow.

Comment

yeah I have no clue why they still use that archaic method of measuring bf... its completely ridiculous!
        Myth's training blog:

Comment

haha tell me about it because then they give me a dumbfounded look when its time to get weighed in and taped.

Comment

i dont see a problem with it... most of the marines thats over the standards are fat as hell and cant run for shit. happy birthday Marines. oorah.

Comment

yea its gonna get bad i think im 6'1 235 thats 30lbs over my max at 15-16% i seem the still gun'n for me.
              I'M JUST A BIG HAIRY AMERICAN WINNING MACHINE.

Comment

Originally posted by eviltech View Post
                i dont see a problem with it... most of the marines thats over the standards are fat as hell and cant run for shit. happy birthday Marines. oorah.
                what are you talking about? all marines have to be fit, they pride themselves on that!
                Myth's training blog:

Comment

Originally posted by mr.bell_85 View Post
                  i seem the still gun'n for me.
                  english translation please?
                  Myth's training blog:

Comment

Originally posted by Myth View Post
                    yeah I have no clue why they still use that archaic method of measuring bf... its completely ridiculous!
                    Because the people in charge of these things are stuck in a time loop from 30 years ago. This explanation also covers a lot of the other stupidity that you find in the Corps.

Of course, this isn't necessarily a bad thing... never in my life have I discovered anything quite as awesome as extra small silkies.
                    It's not that I'm lazy; it's that I just don't care.

Comment

Yea... being fit in the Marine Corps means endurance and agility not being huge. Thats why they have Body Composition Program. The last unit i was with have so many "Marines" overweight... cant even make a first class PFT. If you run a first class and you are over the standard, the CO usually dont care.

Comment

I got up to 220 this past february. But I had to revamp my entire program and straight up quit bodybuilding, the sport I love. Now its all about functionality and fitness, so I've trimmed off 45lbs of that mess, and am still strong as ever, and its all for the Corps! Semper Fi!
                        Myth's training blog:

Comment

Height and Weight

Sup fellow Devil Doggs,
                          Before I left for boot I was 180 and im only 5'6 (i was big for sports in college) before I left I got down to 150, which was where I needed to be for my height. So if you want it bad enough you will get there.
                          OOhhh Rahhh

Comment

thats the exact opposite of what happened to me. i left for bootcamp 155 but i gained about 10-12 lbs. now im about 187 but still run a first class pft.

Comment

you gotta get yoked man, the retarded tape method is so easy to beat, get your neck at least 17-18 inches and your good. hell i had a 37 inch waist some days when i was carb crazy, but i always had a big neck from wrestling and stuff. pretty much any heavy upright rowing deads can help with that

Comment

Working...
                              X